book on God & the Israelits

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017
This is a book about God and the Israelite people up to the present time.
When I found this on the web I found it interesting.
When you load this website, it may appear compressed. To correct this, drag the edge of the book to stretch the width of the book to make it ledge able.

Love the Stranger as thyself

Opinions welcome. I can contact the author if you believe changes should be made.
:)-

Moab is now Jordan?? Does that mean that the inhabitants of Jordan are the ancestors of the child of Lot and his daughter?

I take issue with the title. Seems at best to have nothing to do with the history of the israelite people up to present time. I"m suspicious of anyone doing a book on anything religious until i check out their credentials so naturally i suspect a dig in that title.

I also take issue with the author's statement that Joseph is where that history begins. imo i think not. Abraham is where that begins and a major part is played by Jacob/Israel. imo joseph was of course a precursor of christ if that is the correct word, Certainly a means to keep The Israelites alive during a terrible famine. He was a blessing to Egypt and Israel.

I also take issue with the author's statement that Joseph is where that history begins.
I listed the lineage of the Israelites from Noah to Joseph.

Here is the linage from Noah to Rachel to Joseph

(Gen 5:28 KJV) And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:
(Gen 5:29 KJV) And he called his name Noah
(Gen 5:32 KJV) And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem
(Gen 10:21 KJV) Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber
(Gen 10:25 KJV) And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg;
(Gen 11:18 KJV) And Peleg lived thirty years, and begat Reu:
(Gen 11:20 KJV) And Reu lived two and thirty years, and begat Serug:
(Gen 11:22 KJV) And Serug lived thirty years, and begat Nahor:
(Gen 22:20 KJV) And it came to pass after these things, that it was told Abraham, saying, Behold, Milcah, she hath also born children unto thy brother Nahor;
(Gen 22:21 KJV) Huz his firstborn, and Buz his brother, and Kemuel the father of Aram,
(Gen 22:22 KJV) And Chesed, and Hazo, and Pildash, and Jidlaph, and Bethuel.
(Gen 22:23 KJV) And Bethuel begat Rebekah
(Gen 24:29 KJV) And Rebekah had a brother, and his name was Laban.
(Gen 29:16 KJV) And Laban had two daughters.,.and the name of the younger was Rachel
(Gen30:25 KJV) And it came to pass, when Rachel had born Joseph.

Joseph was an admired Israelite living in Egypt. When the famine was rampant in Cannon Joseph asks the Pharaoh to allow the Israelites to move to Egypt. The Pharaoh agreed and then all the Israelites pack up everything and moved to Egypt.

It is at this point in history that the godschosenpeople.net story begins.

imo i think not. Abraham is where that begins and a major part is played by Jacob/Israel. imo joseph was of course a precursor of christ if that is the correct word, Certainly a means to keep The Israelites alive during a terrible famine. He was a blessing to Egypt and Israel.
You are missing the point.

I listed the lineage of the Israelites from Noah to Joseph.

Here is the linage from Noah to Rachel to Joseph

(Gen 5:28 KJV) And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:
(Gen 5:29 KJV) And he called his name Noah
(Gen 5:32 KJV) And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem
(Gen 10:21 KJV) Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber
(Gen 10:25 KJV) And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg;
(Gen 11:18 KJV) And Peleg lived thirty years, and begat Reu:
(Gen 11:20 KJV) And Reu lived two and thirty years, and begat Serug:
(Gen 11:22 KJV) And Serug lived thirty years, and begat Nahor:
(Gen 22:20 KJV) And it came to pass after these things, that it was told Abraham, saying, Behold, Milcah, she hath also born children unto thy brother Nahor;
(Gen 22:21 KJV) Huz his firstborn, and Buz his brother, and Kemuel the father of Aram,
(Gen 22:22 KJV) And Chesed, and Hazo, and Pildash, and Jidlaph, and Bethuel.
(Gen 22:23 KJV) And Bethuel begat Rebekah
(Gen 24:29 KJV) And Rebekah had a brother, and his name was Laban.
(Gen 29:16 KJV) And Laban had two daughters.,.and the name of the younger was Rachel
(Gen30:25 KJV) And it came to pass, when Rachel had born Joseph.

Joseph was an admired Israelite living in Egypt. When the famine was rampant in Cannon Joseph asks the Pharaoh to allow the Israelites to move to Egypt. The Pharaoh agreed and then all the Israelites pack up everything and moved to Egypt.

It is at this point in history that the godschosenpeople.net story begins.

You are missing the point.

i know the geneology. Im just saying in my opinion that it does NOT begin there. Eber it is believed is the origin of the term Hebrew and then Israelite came with God's name change of Jacob.

I don't think i would read that book. It is too simplistic and in error on many parts. But it would be a start for someone knowing nothing..and perhaps get them into greater study.

not for the purposes of the draft of that book.
Post #9 is my answer

i think the book is not on point. in my opinion. Plus...i don't think it is possible to write a book in one volume on the history of God and the isralite people up to present day. Is this going to be a multiple volumned book, do you know?

Forum List

Back