Bombshell study concludes there is no evidence for anthropogenic climate change...

stephen-colbert-spit.gif

ORLY? "Single biggest climate change in history of the planet"? Really? LOL.

And you do? Really?

LOL
Yeah, as a geologist you should have known that the geologic record has never shown bipolar glaciation to exist before. And as someone who thinks he's an expert on the earth's climate you should have known that northern hemisphere glaciation dominates the climate of the planet.

PV System why did the planet transition from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet? And don't say orbital forcing because orbital forcing has always existed even when there was no glaciation on either pole.

And as someone who thinks he's an expert on the earth's climate

I love how you guys are so stupid you just make shit up when you can't actually understand what was said to you.

In fact, on NUMEROUS occasions I have said I am NOT an expert on earth's climate. LOL. Buffoon.

If you can't be counted on to get simple facts like that straight then why would anyone believe you when you talk about topics you have no clue about?

I love how you guys are so stupid you just make shit up when you can't actually understand what was said to you.

In fact, on NUMEROUS occasions I have said I am NOT an expert on earth's climate. LOL. Buffoon.

If you can't be counted on to get simple facts like that straight then why would anyone believe you when you talk about topics you have no clue about?
Given that you don't know anything about the conditions which drive the climate of the planet (although if you are a geologist you should) I accept your bonafides as someone who doesn't know anything about the earth's climate.

PV System why did the planet transition from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet? And don't say orbital forcing because orbital forcing has always existed even when there was no glaciation on either pole.

We are currently in the midst of only ONE OF 5 ICE AGES ON THE EARTH.

The first ice age was about 2 BILLION years ago

The ice ages the earth has had:

Huronian (2.4-2.1billion years ago) -- thought to be due to dropping methane levels (methane being a greenhouse gas) due to the oxygenation event (photosynthetic algae producing large amounts of oxygen, which is part of how we have O2 in our atmosphere today.)

Cryogenian (720-600million years ago) this may have been the "snowball earth" period. This may have ended when CO2 levels increased. The ice coverage on the continental landmasses probably kept silicates out of the weathering cycle: "The presence of ice on the continents and pack ice on the oceans would inhibit both silicate weathering and photosynthesis, which are the two major sinks for CO2 at present." (SOURCE)

Andean-Saharan (460-420 million years ago). Probably associated with expansion of land plants and a general decrease in CO2 levels in the atmosphere (I will let you figure out what relationship plants and CO2 have)

Late Paleozoic

Quaternary (Starting ~34million years ago)

The Quaternary ICe Age is the one we are currently in.

OBVIOUSLY there are a number of hypotheses about the causes of each of these "ice ages". And there is no single reason or even surety about those reasons.

The currernt ice age is currently on a cycle of glacial-interglacial that is related to Milankovich Cycles, but also other things.

But given that we know a reasonable amount about the ice age we are CURRENTLY IN...you have to wonder WHY AREN'T WE GOING INTO A NEW GLACIATION? By all rights we SHOULD be cooling.

But we aren't.

Why do you suppose that is?

Facts don't matter in lefty science.
They don't even believe their own "science". Obama wants you to be scared shitless over climate change yet
the narcissistic best president Iran ever had continues to buy coastal properties in Martha's Vineyard and Hawaii.
It seems that someone isn't too worried over rising sea levels.
And they also believe that men can be women and visa versa. Where is the "science" behind the whole
transsexual scam?
There is none.

But given that we know a reasonable amount about the ice age we are CURRENTLY IN...you have to wonder WHY AREN'T WE GOING INTO A NEW GLACIATION? By all rights we SHOULD be cooling.
Incorrect. If you had watched the whole PBS video I shared with you, you would have discovered that every 4th Eccentricity Cycle is nearly circular which is what happened on the last eccentricity cycle. So, no. We aren't expecting orbital forcing to trigger the next glacial cycle.

Incorrect. If you had watched the whole PBS video I shared with you, you would have discovered that every 4th Eccentricity Cycle is nearly circular which is what happened on the last eccentricity cycle. So, no. We aren't expecting orbital forcing to trigger the next glacial cycle.

What about what this Columbia University earth scientist says?

"We should be heading into another ice age right now," Sandstrom told Live Science. But two factors related to Earth's orbit that influence the formation of glacials and interglacials are off. "That, coupled with the fact that we pump so much carbon dioxide into the atmosphere [means] we're probably not going to enter a glacial for at least 100,000 years," (SOURCE)

What about what this Columbia University earth scientist says?

"We should be heading into another ice age right now," Sandstrom told Live Science. But two factors related to Earth's orbit that influence the formation of glacials and interglacials are off. "That, coupled with the fact that we pump so much carbon dioxide into the atmosphere [means] we're probably not going to enter a glacial for at least 100,000 years," (SOURCE)
Again.... the last eccentricity cycle was nearly circular. That is a fact.

It would be super awesome if instead of saying something vague like, "two factors related to Earth's orbit that influence the formation of glacials and interglacials are off" an actual discussion on what those facts are and why they are off was stated instead. Which is literally my argument with you.... you have no knowledge of any of the factors which drive earth's climate.

Advancing glaciers and dropping temperatures tend to reduce agricultural output.
Not to mention displacing 250 million people from significant portions of NA, Europe and Asia with thousands of feet thick ice sheets and wiping every structure in its path off of the face of the earth.

It would be super awesome if instead of saying something vague like, "two factors related to Earth's orbit that influence the formation of glacials and interglacials are off" an actual discussion on what those facts are and why they are off was stated instead. Which is literally my argument with you.... you have no knowledge of any of the factors which drive earth's climate.

And you do?

Longer now.........

Definitely. Human activity is causing warming which will cause climate change MUCH FASTER than if we were looking down the barrel of another ice age.

It's all about "rates" in this game. When people have no real understanding of the topic they are prone to forget how important RATE is.

Definitely. Human activity is causing warming which will cause climate change MUCH FASTER than if we were looking down the barrel of another ice age.

It's all about "rates" in this game. When people have no real understanding of the topic they are prone to forget how important RATE is.

What's the rate?

Forum List

Back