Bloomberg Won’t Release His Taxes

I’m so old I remember when it was a really bad thing for Presidents to not release tax filings.

Bloomberg: It takes time to release taxes to the public
I thought trump was the only one who hadn't since Nixon was shown the door.
and now mike. I still haven't heard a good argument on why one needs to provide a tax return.
You can tell a lot about a person from their taxes, including income sources, financial dealings. I'm nosy. If they are really rich and pay a lower effective rate than me (in the middle class), it insults my sensibilities for being chump paying a higher rate. You may think it is petty and it may be, but there it is.

Of course they pay lower tax rates because their income is more flexible and it's sheer volume allows them to hire people to position it for lower tax liability.

Bloomberg's summary release would OF COURSE show his effective tax rates.
nicely said. well done. take a bow. My first for you!

I’m so old I remember when it was a really bad thing for Presidents to not release tax filings.

and now mike. I still haven't heard a good argument on why one needs to provide a tax return.
You can tell a lot about a person from their taxes, including income sources, financial dealings. I'm nosy. If they are really rich and pay a lower effective rate than me (in the middle class), it insults my sensibilities for being chump paying a higher rate. You may think it is petty and it may be, but there it is.
so what? why does anyone need to know? what does it prove? All it proves is what a man makes. that's it. why is that anyone's business?

What if they gave 10% to charity? what if they started ten new businesses and gave 100's of people jobs? That's not in there. what a shallow thought process.
For over half my life I filled out the long forms. Everything you mentioned except number of jobs created can be found there.

so what? why does anyone need to know? what does it prove? All it proves is what a man makes. that's it. why is that anyone's business?

What if they gave 10% to charity? what if they started ten new businesses and gave 100's of people jobs? That's not in there. what a shallow thought process.
For over half my life I filled out the long forms. Everything you mentioned except number of jobs created can be found there.
what does it prove? there are many pages in a 1040 long form? I believe Mikey said at least a thousand in his. I believe him. Who will really care? you? why?

I don't see a refusal. THREAD FAIL!!!!

Mike didn't say he would release the thousands of pages of his tax returns, but that he would release an edited summary.

Trump didn't release that.

Like Bloomberg, he is not required to. I have no interest in Trump or Bloomberg's taxes. If the law gets changed, then it would be a crime not to show them, until then...

Mike didn't say he would release the thousands of pages of his tax returns, but that he would release an edited summary.

Like Bloomberg, he is not required to. I have no interest in Trump or Bloomberg's taxes. If the law gets changed, then it would be a crime not to show them, until then...
let the other losers play their shame game. they will lose. but gd damn it, they posted their tax returns!!!!! Because that is the most worthy thing a candidate could ever do!!!!!!

giphy.gif

While Trump praised the lives of two recently deceased firefighters in Bakersfield, CA. And signed an EO to relieve the held hostage water lifting restrictions the left created in California.

Last edited:

what does it prove? there are many pages in a 1040 long form? I believe Mikey said at least a thousand in his. I believe him. Who will really care? you? why?
Look JC, I have no illusions your boy will show his, even though he said he would if he wasn't being audited (which sounds like another lie), I only care about normal candidates that I might vote for. If you like your crook, vote for your crook. Hell, maybe you are a crook considering a political career yourself.

[

Like anyone votes for Trump because he won’t release his taxes or makes sexist remarks.

I think people LIKE it that Trump doesn't allow invasions of privacy. Quite right, too. It's nobody's business. Note that Bloomberg is going to follow his lead --- everyone follows Trump's lead. He's a born leader.
one of them last night said something along the lines, of " I don't need to see how much money you have" then what's it about?

How they make their money.

Nobody has a "right" to see my tax returns. PERIOD. I don't need to see Mini Mike's tax documents, I already know he's uber wealthy and has very complicated tax filings. So what?

Nobody has a "right" to see my tax returns. PERIOD. I don't need to see Mini Mike's tax documents, I already know he's uber wealthy and has very complicated tax filings. So what?

Gee, kind of obvious who you're protecting there.

One would think Bernie's medical records would be of more concern as a wanna be candidate for the Whitehouse. It's not like we'd even consider someone like Ruth Ginsburg at this point. She's like death warmed over and on resuscitation already. She's touch and go from day to day now. And there's a lot of people anxiously waiting for her to go.

I don't agree simply because it's all so OBVIOUS. We all know Ruth Bader Ginsberg cannot survive much longer, with her well-known health record. We don't need to see the charts, we just have to look at photos of her and read the news accounts of her many hospitalizations.

It's the same with Bernie. We don't need his medical records, if we are deciding on whether to vote for a person likely to check out soon --- he recently had a heart attack, and he turns bright red at very frequent intervals, and he's keeping a killer schedule a man of 45 would be exhausted by. Duh. I myself will be surprised if he makes it to the convention, never mind to Election Day.

Privacy is not a "who".

Face it up until Trump you didn't care about candidates providing their tax returns.

Of course not. I don't judge a candidate by their tax returns. Do you?

Privacy is not a "who".

Face it up until Trump you didn't care about candidates providing their tax returns.

Of course not. I don't judge a candidate by their tax returns. Do you?

Thanks for the admission.

Yes, partially.

Like Bloomberg, he is not required to.

There is no technical requirement that you can't be a crook either, whats your point?

You may have no interest, but Americans at large certainly do and for good reasons.

Releasing tax-returns is the right thing to do for those that want the power and responsibility of the Presidency and failure to do so points to being unfit for the job. It certainly proved true for Trump.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back