What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bloomberg asks Obama not to come...

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Si modo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I think it is a rational request. I hope Obama heeds it.

And, if Obama does, he is definitely doing the right thing, IMO.

Warrior102

Gold Member
Reaction score
Three years and 51 weeks into his term, and Obama is now "attempting" to show leadership.
That fucking imbecile couldn't run a lemonade stand.
Start packing in a week Obama...

RoadVirus

<insert pithy title here>
Reaction score

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Most of the devastation in New York City is underground. Aside from having his picture taken, is obama going to tour the subways?

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Reaction score
From the article:

"We'd love to have him, but we've got lots of things to do," Bloomberg said, adding that the president's planned trip to New Jersey Wednesday is "fine."
"It represents the whole region," he said. "People understand the storm and he doesn't have to...he's got a lot of things to do."
The mayor said he was "flattered" that Obama offered to visit, but "the thing for him to do is to go to New Jersey and represent the country."

Read more: Bloomberg asks Obama not to visit New York City | Fox News

I agree. Besides, the entire state of New Jersey bore the brunt of the storm. They've got lots of rebuilding to do, and need the help much more right now. New York City is basically in pump out mode right now, and the coastal areas are going to be busy finding temporary housing for those who lost their homes.

I'm sure after the initial clean-up, Obama and FEMA will be called in to offer some help.

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Reaction score

Poor Obama...no photo opportunity!

Republican Governor Christie invited him to visit New Jersey today. I'm sure the cameras will be rolling there.

Meanwhile, will Romney continue to evade questions about his plan to shutter up FEMA?

Last edited:

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't blame him

The extra security and traffic conjestion with a Presidential visit only makes things worse. Chris Christie will welcome him to NJ

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Republican Governor Christie invited him to visit New Jersey today. I'm sure the cameras will be rolling there.

Meanwhile, will Romney continue to evade questions about his plan to shutter up FEMA?

Does Romney think that running away will help?

He needs to man up and state his position on disaster relief. Will Republicans hold up funding again unless welfare checks are cut?

del

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Three years and 51 weeks into his term, and Obama is now "attempting" to show leadership.
That fucking imbecile couldn't run a lemonade stand.
Start packing in a week Obama...

you are one stupid asswipe, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeatch

:lmao:

R.D.

Gold Member
Reaction score
I can't blame him

The extra security and traffic conjestion with a Presidential visit only makes things worse. Chris Christie will welcome him to NJ

It would break Christie's heart if he didn't

Intense

Reaction score

Ravi

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Good for Bloomburg for knowing what is best for his city at this moment. And good for Obama for offering to come.

depotoo

Diamond Member
Reaction score

President Obama requested $6.79 billion for FEMA in 2012, down slightly from the 2010 budget, which was $7.1 billion. But the administration has yet to submit a supplemental budget request to cover additional emergency costs.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08 ... z2AqU1QPjM

Asked for clarification today, Romney spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg said the GOP nominee wasn't implying he would get rid of FEMA, but rather that he simply wants states to play a greater role in disaster response.

"Gov. Romney believes that states should be in charge of emergency management in responding to storms and other natural disasters in their jurisdictions," Henneberg said. "As the first responders, states are in the best position to aid affected individuals and communities, and to direct resources and assistance to where they are needed most. This includes help from the federal government and FEMA."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romn ... ction.html

tjvh

Reaction score

del

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I suppose Obama gets a pass from the fact that he actually did cut FEMA.'s funding.

so doing a better job with less money is suddenly a problem for you clowns?

let me know when they start cramming refugees into the meadowlands, and then we can talk about obama's mishandling of fema.

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what Obama does or how well he does it.

The right will lie about it, twist it, dismiss it or try to take credit for it.

IOW, business as usual for the right.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$166.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List