Blood Diamond: City of Dials

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Since I've written multiple stories on this board about dangerous and intriguing and pirate-like modern thieves, I thought I'd offer up a more socially responsible/conscious story about a dastardly diamond-pirate in modern-day America seeking to find a way to dream in an underground environment of great darkness! This short-story (my last one I think!) was inspired by Blood Diamond (Leo DiCaprio). Thanks for reading (and God bless),

====

Los Angeles has become my home ever since I was there during the later half of the 1990s, when the underground music scene produced many forms of club and outdoor electronica parties. That's when I discovered the blood diamond market emerging in southern California. I returned to LA after graduating from college and taking my hand at the airline industry and making a modest profit to invest in somewhere. LA is where I began building a new dream, one of pure ambition!

rent6.jpg

My name's Isaac Satan. I'm a diamond-smuggler in the City of Angels (LA). I take diamonds from South Africa and Antwerp and help move them across North America, specifically and certainly through British Columbia, LA, and Florida. I have a midmen-alliance in Chicago that facilitates the movement of these blood diamonds across the USA, since I specialize personally only in B.C. (British Columbia) and LA. I've become known in LA as the Diamond Prince (DP).

portia1.jpg

My girlfriend-wife Anne is a UCLA assistant professor and graduate studying and teaching and researching psychology. She has no idea I'm involved in the international blood diamond market. She thinks I invest online through a Chicago market in NASDAQ, through which I earn enough profits for our shared LA condo. I work from home through the Net while Anne works in a private office area near our LA condo. Anne means everything to me, so I intend to shield her from my certainly dangerous life.

rent4.jpg

Our adopted son Brutus is a real joy for us. Anne considers him our angel as do I. I want to make sure he grows up to study at a great American school like UCLA or Dartmouth. I want Brutus to have all the amenities of American life that I didn't have, so he doesn't have to seek his fortunes through the underground highway of crime or illegal diamond trade. I don't want Brutus to become part of the blood diamond matrix, so I intend to make enough money fast enough to retire fast enough to simply focus on his life. Anne and I are raising Brutus to be a good Christian citizen in LA.

aer23.jpg

BLOOD DIAMOND ARTICLE: "These 'blood diamonds' are financing war and warlords and also profiteers seeking to make towers."

rent3.jpg

The blood diamonds I exchange are sometimes procured from regular merchants, so I deal with standard stores and areas and not only underground liaisons. The key to this diamond matrix is to establish some currency of legitimatized personnel, and that can happen through our network of trusted diamond merchants at respected locations stretching from Antwerp to B.C. The key to this diamond market life is to establish how it doesn't have to be as rustic as the American Gold Rush of the Old West!

rent2.jpg

The condo in LA that Anne and I share and raise our adopted son Brutus in is a real gem. It's a really nice piece of property, and we consider it our LA haven. We don't intend to ever leave LA for any reason, barring some major calamity involving that pesky dreaded San Andreas fault-line, but if we do, we'll certainly remember our LA condo, which we've named the Opal, as a site of wondrous California memories of romance, imagination, childhood, diamonds, religion, and of course, Chinese food!

rent1.jpg

Anne and I've purchased a cable-TV package at our LA condo which affords us broadcasts of the LA Galaxy and LA F.C. soccer games. This isn't professional sports of a caliber of the NFL or NHL even, but in fact, since both Anne and I are fans of UCLA college men's and women's soccer, our TV viewings of the Galaxy and F.C. games with our son Brutush who seems to really enjoy the game on TV remind us that American cable-TV amenities are all the rave now.

rent7.jpg

Am I suggesting to you that a life in the deadly diamond market is the way to go, if you're pursuing the proverbial 'American Dream' in a 'City of Dials' like Los Angeles (LA)? No, I'm certainly not! In fact, my life with the blood diamond market internationally has landed me in a position of both intrigue and substantial danger, a life I seek to retire out of with quick and efficient profits. I don't want Anne and Brutus to discover my years of sweat and blood with this diamond matrix and want to afford them the gems of abundant life by finding the best magical path to fortune as quick as possible. I don't want to die a pirate...I want to live as a craftsman!

rhea5.jpg

FBI/INTERPOL: "The international blood diamond market is a thing of great darkness, and though we might hear stories of real profit-minded 'dreamers' seeking to find real fortune as many did during the Gold Rush, make no mistake, this is a war-minded activity in the modern world that reminds us all that dystopian folklore must be tempered with real social diaries."

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Forum List

Back