Blonde Black Bear Sighted in Michigan UP

Compost

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2015
Black bears are common in MI but a "Spirit" or white black bear is not.

1663411913396.png

A double-recessive gene is required! More here

wonderful!!!! Black bears are beautiful bears with gorgeous faces....a blonde black bear is a knock out!

We have a black bear that visits every Spring when he wakes up, looking for sunflower seeds in our bird feeder! Its face is beautiful.!

Our favored deer, named Lady, who comes to my kitchen window for apples, with her baby fawns, every year a new couple of them, had an unusual baby fawn this year!!!! Much like this blonde bear, her single fawn is a Pie bald deer....it is white and brown, like a Pinto horse!!! Only 1% of the white tail deer are Piebald deer! Hunters can go their whole hunting lives up here, and never see one! I feel so blessed, to see her every day, with her mama, at my window!

Let me see if I can upload a picture of her!

Last year, Lady had two babies, and one was a boy...holy crap, we have a buck! We've only had doe babies coming here with mama doe, in the 15 years here! None of the dear herd that hangs out here, ever had a boy!

So we were still in shock from Lady's last year babies, which we've also named appropriately, Rudolph and Clarice! Rudolph antlers are about 10 inches now, single sticks where you can see a new limb begining, and he watches over his little pie bald sister sometimes when Lady comes to the window.

I won't know for another month if the pie bald is a doe or buck, if a he, little buttons will show on the head.

If a boy, I may call him Pinto.

If a girl, I think I will name her Piewacket/Pyewacket!

Last edited:
Our favored deer, named Lady, who comes to my kitchen window for apples, with her baby fawns, every year a new couple of them, had an unusual baby fawn this year!!!! Much like this blonde bear, her single fawn is a Pie bald deer....it is white and brown, like a Pinto horse!!! Only 1% of the white tail deer are Piebald deer! Hunters can go their whole hunting lives up here, and never see one! I feel so blessed, to see her every day, with her mama, at my window!

Last year, lady had two babies, and one was a boy...holy crap, we have a buck! We've only had doe babies coming here with mama doe, in the 15 years here! None of the dear herd that hangs out here, ever had a boy!

So we were still in shock from Lady's last year babies, which we've also named appropriately, Rudolph and Clarice! Rudolph antlers are about 10 inches now, single sticks where you can see a new limb begining, and he watches over his little pie bald sister sometimes when Lady comes to the window.

I won't know for another month if the pie bald is a doe or buck, if a he, little buttons will show on the head.

That's so cool. I hope you can put up a picture!

I don't have any good ones but here are a couple with lady and her piebald...

Attachments

• image000002.jpg
    image000002.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220917_100937.jpg
    20220917_100937.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image000002.jpg
    image000002.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 19

Last year, Lady had two babies, and one was a boy...holy crap, we have a buck! We've only had doe babies coming here with mama doe, in the 15 years here! None of the dear herd that hangs out here, ever had a boy!

Nice story

But I’m a deer hunter

Nice story

But I’m a deer hunter
You and my neighbor across the way, who always thanks me for fattening up! :)

So far, about 20 of Lady's family herd sleep and hangout on our property during hunting season! There are 1000 acres of woods surrounding me and our neighbor... where he could hunt but he can't hunt surrounding his house or mine.

Lady and immediate kids are safe here and on his property, which they sometimes go.... so, just to torment and torture him!!! :)

You and my neighbor across the way, who always thanks me for fattening up! :)

So far, about 20 of Lady's family herd sleep and hangout on our property during hunting season! There are 1000 acres of woods surrounding me and our neighbor... where he could hunt but he can't hunt surrounding his house or mine.

Lady and immediate kids are safe here and on his property, which they sometimes go.... so, just to torment and torture him!!! :)
I think that deer is harder to hide than deer of regular color

That may explain why they are uncommon

My soft spot in the animal world is chickens

If you watch them they are real characters

I think that deer is harder to hide than deer of regular color

That may explain why they are uncommon

My soft spot in the animal world is chickens

If you watch them they are real characters
We have two wild chickens, though they are not technically chickens, they are a little smaller, and are called ruffed grouse...they act just like chickens but live somewhere in the woods. Two come every day, a few times a day to eat some deer corn. Matt and I have grown very fond of them...matt had a pet chicken when young that was in love with Matt's dad and would run from wherever it was, to greet his dad and wait to be petted and scratched, when his dad got home. Big Red was her name.

Anyway we had a arctic front, the temp got to -19, 19 below zero three weeks ago, and they had not teturned, we were very sad, because we thought they were dead!! :( that they did not make it through the freeze.

But yesterday...they both returned and Matt spotted them eating the deer corn...what a relief!

We have no idea where they went or how they survived.

Bad ass buck right here…

Attachments

• 33D23B53-B552-4596-ABEE-67DE482977AF.jpeg
    33D23B53-B552-4596-ABEE-67DE482977AF.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 12
We have two wild chickens, though they are not technically chickens, they are a little smaller, and are called ruffed grouse...they act just like chickens but live somewhere in the woods. Two come every day, a few times a day to eat some deer corn. Matt and I have grown very fond of them...matt had a pet chicken when young that was in love with Matt's dad and would run from wherever it was, to greet his dad and wait to be petted and scratched, when his dad got home. Big Red was her name.

Anyway we had a arctic front, the temp got to -19, 19 below zero three weeks ago, and they had not teturned, we were very sad, because we thought they were dead!! :( that they did not make it through the freeze.

But yesterday...they both returned and Matt spotted them eating the deer corn...what a relief!

We have no idea where they went or how they survived.
My chickens only like me when I feed them

All hens except for one rooster

I will add more this spring

Forum List

Back