Bland Ambition of Kevin McCarthy: everything it takes to rise to the top: 0 interest in policy, relentless thirst for power, & blind ambition to Trump

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Kevin McCarthy began his political career as the protégé of House Republican Bill Thomas, playing the role of unlearned but affable foil to his wonkish mentor.

If this man becomes speaker of the House—look out, America.

excerpts:

“I spend a lot of time thinking about the next Congress.”

Kevin McCarthy, the Republican minority leader in the U.S. House of Representatives, meant this comment generally, rhetorically questioning how Congress could heal in an era of intense polarization—a somewhat ironic train of thought, given that the words came in a speech, delivered November 18, that was centered on attacking Democrats. But there was clear subtext: If Republicans won the majority in the House in the upcoming midterm elections, McCarthy could be the next speaker of the House.

Kevin McCarthy began his political career as the protégé of House Republican Bill Thomas, playing the role of unlearned but affable foil to his wonkish mentor.

excerpts:

Kevin McCarthy, the Republican minority leader in the U.S. House of Representatives, meant this comment generally, rhetorically questioning how Congress could heal in an era of intense polarization—a somewhat ironic train of thought, given that the words came in a speech, delivered November 18, that was centered on attacking Democrats. But there was clear subtext: If Republicans won the majority in the House in the upcoming midterm elections, McCarthy could be the next speaker of the House.
How that oof got where he is. He can barely answer a yes or no question.

The dumbing down of the grand old party is near done, Are the Dems going to join them?

excerpts:

Judging by your endlessly fickle posts, you're even more of an empty suit than McCarthy.

Last edited:
I looked at Youtube to find clips of him questioning witnesses in hearings, but couldn't find any. His accomplishments as a congressman seem pretty skimpy. Being elected nine times in a district next door to San Francisco seems to be his main claim to fame and power.

I looked at Youtube to find clips of him questioning witnesses in hearings, but couldn't find any. His accomplishments as a congressman seem pretty skimpy. Being elected nine times in a district next door to San Francisco seems to be his main claim to fame and power.
Bakersfield CA is next to San Francisco?

What committees did he serve on? Answer that question and you will find out why you cannot find any video of him questioning witnesses.

Forum List

Back