Blackface Makeup

Ok. So riddle me this, folks:

If blackface is considered "bad"; if the N word is considered "bad"; if Dreadlocks are race appropiations and must stop........ready?.....

Then why can blacks wear straight hair wigs in colors of blonde, platinum, red? Very straight down to the butt or wavy with soft curls. Is that not race appropiation?

What about Asians that have animation of asian girls with wide ROUND eyes?

Why do white people tan themselves if they thought brown people "bad"?

If the N word is so "bad", why do blacks use it all the time? Isn't it "bad" to use...period?

Teach me the differences between which is "bad" and which is "ok".

I'll wait.

Well, I guess that it is OK for non-Caucasians to look more like Caucasians.

Maybe the rationale is that non-Caucasians are paying a compliment to Caucasians by doing so. They are trying to blend into a majority Caucasian society, it might be said.

On the other hand, if Caucasians try to look like non-Caucasians, then it is assumed that they are doing so in order to mock non-Caucasians.

If blackface is considered "bad"; if the N word is considered "bad"; if Dreadlocks are race appropiations and must stop........ready?.....

Then why can blacks wear straight hair wigs in colors of blonde, platinum, red? Very straight down to the butt or wavy with soft curls. Is that not race appropiation?

If the N word is so "bad", why do blacks use it all the time? Isn't it "bad" to use...period?

I'll wait.
With the N word, it is not the word, but how it is used.
It's the word.

I'll wait.

Keep in mind the "rules" you're talking about are coming from the people who think this (below) is totally acceptable because the guy who did it is a Democrat. It's got nothing to do with race, just politics. How else would a lifelong racist like Joe Biden be the leader of the Democrat party?

190202113118-tease-ralph-northam-yearbook-photo-handout-super-169.jpg

racist racist racist racist racist. The word means nothing now.
It is a legit question. All of them that I asked are legit.Why can one, but not the other?
If you were the victim, you would not feel this way.
Feel what way? That I want brown skin, therefore I tan, but I am RACIST? That friends of mine much younger than me wear dreadlocks but are told constantly its culture appropiation and only for blacks? That I see blacks with straighter hair than my own while they are waggling their finger at those who wear cornrows during the hot ass summer? That asian animation always ALWAYS has been round eyes but if a cartoon done in the usa has more almost shaped eyes its RACISM? That ever word out of a ghetto black is niggah? I don't see intelligent, smart, hard working blacks using it. Except assholes with cornrows, pants down to their knees rapping about niggahs in their songs not able to walk upright due to all the gold chains hanging from their necks, or singing a new son about their wet ass pussy and winning a grammy for it.
Can a country singer write a song about a long wet dick and win one or does one have to be black?

Why do whites have such a difficult time with these things? I have not head anyone black telling somebody white they can't wear dreadlocks. I have heard whites calling each other micks, degos, pollacks and wops, yet I don't feel wronged because I cannot use those words. I have seen whites with curly hair like afros. I don't cry because I can't join a white supremacist group. Seems to me you're just a racist white female looking for a reason to bitch about blacks. Grow up.

I'll wait.

Keep in mind the "rules" you're talking about are coming from the people who think this (below) is totally acceptable because the guy who did it is a Democrat. It's got nothing to do with race, just politics. How else would a lifelong racist like Joe Biden be the leader of the Democrat party?

Nobody thinks this is acceptable behavior.

Planes and automobiles = white culture.
Who wants to play this silly appropriation shame game?

I'll wait.

Negro women who wear platinum blonde, straight hair wigs are simply signaling that they wish they were white. You're correct, it IS race appropriation, but not a single colored person here will ever admit that...

I'll wait.

Nobody thinks this is acceptable behavior.

Why does he still have his job then?

I'll wait.
With the N word, it is not the word, but how it is used.
It's the word.
Obviously not.

I'll wait.

See, this is what I don't "get". What is the problem with this guy being in blackface?If a white person wants to dress up in costume as a black person, how the hell can they accomplish it without making your face dark?
If you go to a masquerade party and want to be Cardi B or Morgan Freeman...how does one do that if they are not black, and why is it considered an insult to do it? If a black person wants to do the same, but be a white celeb, do they not apply light makeup to get the effect? And why would that be an insult. And the movie that has been playing all week...WHITE CHICKS. Two blacks dress up as white girls in college. Or Eddie Murphy playing a white guy in some of his movies. WHERE IS THE INSULT?

I'll wait.

Negro women who wear platinum blonde, straight hair wigs are simply signaling that they wish they were white. You're correct, it IS race appropriation, but not a single colored person here will ever admit that...
They don't want to be white. They want WHITE HAIR. And nothing is wrong with that. Who doesn't want long straight or wavy hair that slips thru fingers and can be styled nicely instead of a brillo pad? Irish folks have that same problem too. And they are white.

There is nothing wrong with ANY of it...but they just HAVE to have something to bitch about.

I'll wait.

Well, I guess that it is OK for non-Caucasians to look more like Caucasians.

Maybe the rationale is that non-Caucasians are paying a compliment to Caucasians by doing so. They are trying to blend into a majority Caucasian society, it might be said.

On the other hand, if Caucasians try to look like non-Caucasians, then it is assumed that they are doing so in order to mock non-Caucasians.
Or have mental issues like that gal that claimed to be black all those years and was not black. Or Warren, who claimed to be native american. In warrens case, maybe she respects NDN's. I know I do. If they are real. I admire their beliefs. Fake ones, like Lakota...are similar to false honor/stolen valor of being in the military. Insecurity or some such.

I'll wait.

They don't want to be white. They want WHITE HAIR. And nothing is wrong with that. Who doesn't want long straight or wavy hair that slips thru fingers and can be styled nicely instead of a brillo pad? Irish folks have that same problem too. And they are white.

There is nothing wrong with ANY of it...but they just HAVE to have something to bitch about.
Sure'n you're mistaken, lass. Me mum was black Irish.

I'll wait.

Sure'n you're mistaken, lass. Me mum was black Irish.
Me grannie and great grannie was black irish too.

Forum List

Back