Black Republican WOMAN, Mia Love WINS.....

Well this is an interesting thread. Republicans are all excited because they had one black woman win a race. Now if were several black women who had been elected, then that would be a true statement and a big enough statement to base a thread on.
The GOP still has it's work cut out for them as far as having more women and minorities being political candidates for major positions in general election elections. But in the last few years the GOP has made strides, it just needs to accelerate forward to match America's representative demographics.
We're performing better than the Democrats.

How so?
There are more Democratic black women in Congress, just California alone has four.
And there are more women in Congress that are democrats.
Rikurzhen, I've read quite a few of your posts and I know you aren't stupid. So I'd like to hear your reasoning. Thanks!

Well this is an interesting thread. Republicans are all excited because they had one black woman win a race. Now if were several black women who had been elected, then that would be a true statement and a big enough statement to base a thread on.
The GOP still has it's work cut out for them as far as having more women and minorities being political candidates for major positions in general election elections. But in the last few years the GOP has made strides, it just needs to accelerate forward to match America's representative demographics.

How so?
There are more Democratic black women in Congress, just California alone has four.
Rikurzhen, I've read quite a few of your posts and I know you aren't stupid. So I'd like to hear your reasoning. Thanks!
There are plenty of Democratic politicians who are black, but almost every single one of them was elected by a black majority in their district. As of the 2012 election there were only 4 black Democrats elected in Congressional Districts with a white majority. Of those 4 only 1, Keith Ellison, was elected by a Democratic voter base which was majority white.

After the 2012 election, Democrats held 201 seats in Congress, 42 seats held by blacks, so there is plenty of opportunity for white Democrats living in majority white districts to send a black Democrat to Congress but they rarely choose to do so.

White Democrats aren't enlightened by dint of the fact that 38 majority black districts and 4 majority white districts have sent black politicians to Congress. Only 1 white district had enough white Democrats to insure that a black politician was elected BECAUSE OF the votes of white Democrats.

White Democrats are riding the racial tolerance bandwagon because black Democrats elect black Democratic politicians to office. Whites have nothing to do with that.

Percent white in District

73.5% Keith Ellison
63.0% André Carson
54.8% Gwen Moore
60.9% Emanuel Cleaver

Keith Ellison:

Keith Ellison - 262,101 votes; Chris Fields - 88,753 ; Total votes cast = 350,854

Assume all Republican votes are from whites. Of the 350,854 votes cast, 73.5% (257,878) were from whites, resulting in Ellison winning 169,125 white votes and 92,976 non-white votes.

Ellison elected by 64.5% white vote.
André Carson:

André Carson - 162.122 votes; Carlos May - 95,828; Total votes cast = 257,950

Assume all Republican votes are from whites. Of the 257,950 votes cast, 63.0% (162,509) were from whites, resulting in Carson winning 66,681 white votes and 95,441 non-white votes.

Carson NOT ELECTED by white majority. Only 41.1% of his support came from whites.
Gwen Moore:

Gwen Moore - 234,823; D. Sebring - 80,637; R. Raymond - 9,253; Total votes cast = 324,713

Assume all Republican & Independent votes are from whites. Of the 324,713 votes cast, 54.8% (177,943) were from whites, resulting in Moore winning 88,053 white votes and 146,770 non-white votes.

Moore NOT ELECTED by white majority. Only 37.5% of her support came from whites.​

Emanuel Cleaver
:

Emanuel Cleaver - 196,467; Jacob Turk - 121,437; Randy Langkraehr - 8,342; Total votes cast = 326,246​

Assume all Republican & Libertarian votes are from whites. Of the 326,246 votes cast, 60.9% (198,684) were from whites, resulting in Cleaver winning 68,905 white votes and 127,562 non-white votes.

Cleaver NOT ELECTED by white majority. Only 35.0% of his support came from whites.

So all of this chest beating by white liberals about how racially tolerant they are all comes down to electing ONE BLACK CONGRESSMEN in Minnesota.

How so?
There are plenty of Democratic politicians who are black, but almost every single one of them was elected by a black majority in their district. As of the 2012 election there were only 4 black Democrats elected in Congressional Districts with a white majority. Of those 4 only 1, Keith Ellison, was elected by a Democratic voter base which was majority white.

After the 2012 election, Democrats held 201 seats in Congress, 42 seats held by blacks, so there is plenty of opportunity for white Democrats living in majority white districts to send a black Democrat to Congress but they rarely choose to do so.

White Democrats aren't enlightened by dint of the fact that 38 majority black districts and 4 majority white districts have sent black politicians to Congress. Only 1 white district had enough white Democrats to insure that a black politician was elected BECAUSE OF the votes of white Democrats.

White Democrats are riding the racial tolerance bandwagon because black Democrats elect black Democratic politicians to office. Whites have nothing to do with that.

Percent white in District

73.5% Keith Ellison
63.0% André Carson
54.8% Gwen Moore
60.9% Emanuel Cleaver

Keith Ellison:

Keith Ellison - 262,101 votes; Chris Fields - 88,753 ; Total votes cast = 350,854

Assume all Republican votes are from whites. Of the 350,854 votes cast, 73.5% (257,878) were from whites, resulting in Ellison winning 169,125 white votes and 92,976 non-white votes.

Ellison elected by 64.5% white vote.
André Carson:

André Carson - 162.122 votes; Carlos May - 95,828; Total votes cast = 257,950

Assume all Republican votes are from whites. Of the 257,950 votes cast, 63.0% (162,509) were from whites, resulting in Carson winning 66,681 white votes and 95,441 non-white votes.

Carson NOT ELECTED by white majority. Only 41.1% of his support came from whites.
Gwen Moore:

Gwen Moore - 234,823; D. Sebring - 80,637; R. Raymond - 9,253; Total votes cast = 324,713

Assume all Republican & Independent votes are from whites. Of the 324,713 votes cast, 54.8% (177,943) were from whites, resulting in Moore winning 88,053 white votes and 146,770 non-white votes.

Moore NOT ELECTED by white majority. Only 37.5% of her support came from whites.​

Emanuel Cleaver
:

Emanuel Cleaver - 196,467; Jacob Turk - 121,437; Randy Langkraehr - 8,342; Total votes cast = 326,246​

Assume all Republican & Libertarian votes are from whites. Of the 326,246 votes cast, 60.9% (198,684) were from whites, resulting in Cleaver winning 68,905 white votes and 127,562 non-white votes.

Cleaver NOT ELECTED by white majority. Only 35.0% of his support came from whites.

So all of this chest beating by white liberals about how racially tolerant they are all comes down to electing ONE BLACK CONGRESSMEN in Minnesota.

So, that doesn't validate your claim!
I posted: "The GOP still has it's work cut out for them as far as having more women and minorities being political candidates for major positions in general election elections. But in the last few years the GOP has made strides, it just needs to accelerate forward to match America's representative demographics."
It's quite clear that I am referring women and minorities. Right?
At this point, the GOP is dragging behind the Dems, numbers bear this out.
Also, regarding Congressional Districts, who drew the maps for the current Congressional Districts and patted themselves on the back for their gerry-making?
Now of course I know that the Dems would also practice gerry-making. I am bringing this up because we know who came up with the current Congressional District Maps and they chose to institute the current demographics because to favored themselves.
Anyway, I'm happy the GOP is becoming more diverse and have become more accepting of moderates and did some recruiting moderates to run for office in 2014. This certainly contributed to the GOP's success. And it didn't hurt that the Tea Party faared so poorly in the primaries. The GOP is waking up. :2up:

So, that doesn't validate your claim!
I posted: "The GOP still has it's work cut out for them as far as having more women and minorities being political candidates for major positions in general election elections. But in the last few years the GOP has made strides, it just needs to accelerate forward to match America's representative demographics."
It's quite clear that I am referring women and minorities. Right?

I reject your position, especially the bolded. How many children are elected to Congress? Clearly neither party matches America's representative demographics.

There are 49 million German-Americans out of our population of 315 million, about 15% of our population. Is the German-American Congressional Caucus filled with 65 members?

There are over 9 million Polish-Americans and 9 million French-Americans, so do the Polish and French Congressional Caucuses each have 13 members.

On a different note, Republicans need not seek gender parity at all because Republican policies don't mimic Democratic policies and so they don't appeal to single women looking to marry the government instead of a man. Republicans capture the majority vote of married people and most Congressmen are married. The interests of single woman and married women are quite often at loggerheads. Single women want the government to extract wealth from men and send it their way. Married women want to keep their family income focused on the family and certainly don't want it to go to a single woman who has married the government.

Yes, shall pond scum call her Aunt Tom?

Republican Mia Love defeated her Democratic opponent Doug Owens in the race to represent Utah's 4th congressional district, the AP reported early Wednesday.
With that win, Love becomes the first black woman Republican elected to Congress.

Mia Love Defeats Doug Owens In 2014 Utah Election
What an upbeat positive role model for young black women today. She is a refreshing change from the like of Maxine Waters.

Republican Mia Love defeated her Democratic opponent Doug Owens in the race to represent Utah's 4th congressional district, the AP reported early Wednesday.
With that win, Love becomes the first black woman Republican elected to Congress.

What an upbeat positive role model for young black women today. She is a refreshing change from the like of Maxine Waters.

A one percenter with something to sell is a 'refreshing change'......sure it is.

Check out Mia Loves' net worth. She's a one percenter.

My God, a subversive that complains about a BLACK WOMAN with money.... And what about OPRAH?

Proof, Rik, please.

Well, you could start with Reconstruction. That put a lot of blacks on the political radar...until democrats started terrorizing and lynching them for turning up to vote. Democrats still do that to this day. No black conservatives need register to vote...or we'll threaten bombing & beating (of both the physical and brow varieties). Democrats are insidious racists.

Conservatives, Republican and Democrat alike, have always hated blacks
Don't pay attention to stupid.^^^

A one percenter with something to sell is a 'refreshing change'......sure it is.
You're a racist.

Check out Mia Loves' net worth. She's a one percenter.

Big deal, so is Most of the House and the Senate, in fact the very richest in the House and the Senate are Democrats. For you to be continually jealous of everyone with money is getting rather boring. You need a new schtick.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Screw you. If you compare constituents of Mia Love and Maxine Waters, you wouldn't see hardly any white democrats voting for Maxine Waters compared to white conservatives voting for Mia.

Udall lost Colorado by playing the war on women crap. Let's hope the Dems keep using it and continue to lose with it.

True enough, the same old democrat saw. Instead of treating the millions of women who abandoned the party yesterday with dignity and respect, the party of pansies treats women with condescension instead. Udall was one of the worst. And the women the democrats lost were the ones they can least afford to lose: educated suburban soccer moms and female corporate executives who open their personal and business checkbooks around election time. Let's see if the democrats miss them.

Screw you. If you compare constituents of Mia Love and Maxine Waters, you wouldn't see hardly any white democrats voting for Maxine Waters compared to white conservatives voting for Mia.

You know, you can bitch and moan all you want, but I the factual numbers which I based my post on trump your partisan opinion. Anywhere you look, you'll find that my comment is accurate.
This has been an interesting day here at USMB, most of my post have been positive about the GOP, but I guess they haven't been positive enough for hardcore partisans. All the partisans must think that I should be goose-stepping to the GOP/or the Dem beat. And it's not only righties, in another thread I have lefties pissed at me! :laugh: Not being a follower certainly has it's perks! :mm:

Congressional Black Caucus. I hope she doesn't join. She should define herself as a Republican, not as a black or as a woman.

Forum List

Back