Black or Mixed Race? That is the real question (Poll)

Do you favor eliminating the "one drop rule" in favor of a new "mixed" race designation?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe, see my post

• Eliminate race altogether from the census in faavor of American

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
All I know is I had a black president. Did not like his policies or his rhetoric, but I was part of history watching him being inaugurated. I am sick and tired to hear bout "black and white"....if one black man can be president, something is going right.
My ancestors came from Europe in the early 1900's. My family were never slave owners. Racist? Maybe. I dont know. When I was born? Skin color was never an issue. Did I know someone was black? Sure. I have eyesight. DId they know I was white? Sure, they had eyesight.
Did it matter to me?
Fucking never.
You racist assholes are pathetic .
there's only one party that cares about color. Just know that, they dominated the black man and woman for decades until a nation finally said enough. And that loss by the demofks is still bothering them today. Detroit, Chicago, LA, Ferguson, Baltimore to name a few. They hate the color black. They ignore black on black crime, because that isn't significant for them. Just know that.

Why the fk a black man would ever condescend to vote for one of these vile pieces of crap is beyond me.

I just added another poll choice, to eliminate race from the census.
So you can change your vote
While we eliminate race from the census, how about eliminating race from credit card applications, job applications, housing applications?

There are so many light skinned "blacks" as well as Tiger Woods who prefers "mixed race" instead of picking only one race. My question is "why is the one-drop rule still being used in 2021?"
In case you don't know, the race question is as simple as black or white, literally. There are no mixed races in the US. Tiger woods needs to pick black or asian, period.
View attachment 496855

The "one drop rule"means that Tiger would most likely be classified as "black".
"In the United States, the “one-drop rule” — also known as hypodescent — dates to a 1662 Virginia law on the treatment of mixed-race individuals. The legal notion of hypodescent has been upheld as recently as 1985, when a Louisiana court ruled that a woman with a black great-great-great-great-grandmother could not identify herself as “white” on her passport."

So my question to the forum is, would eliminating the "one drop rule" in favor of a new race called "mixed" help alleviate some of the race issues that persist?
Frankly, I don't give a shit about such matters. Skin is a non-issue. Behavior is all the problem.

I just added another poll choice, to eliminate race from the census.
So you can change your vote
While we eliminate race from the census, how about eliminating race from credit card applications, job applications, housing applications?
Totally agree. Your credit score should be independent of race. The US is either colorblind or race gets used as a partisan wedge. We are all equals or we are not.

There are so many light skinned "blacks" as well as Tiger Woods who prefers "mixed race" instead of picking only one race. My question is "why is the one-drop rule still being used in 2021?"
In case you don't know, the race question is as simple as black or white, literally. There are no mixed races in the US. Tiger woods needs to pick black or asian, period.
View attachment 496855

The "one drop rule"means that Tiger would most likely be classified as "black".
"In the United States, the “one-drop rule” — also known as hypodescent — dates to a 1662 Virginia law on the treatment of mixed-race individuals. The legal notion of hypodescent has been upheld as recently as 1985, when a Louisiana court ruled that a woman with a black great-great-great-great-grandmother could not identify herself as “white” on her passport."

So my question to the forum is, would eliminating the "one drop rule" in favor of a new race called "mixed" help alleviate some of the race issues that persist?
Frankly, I don't give a shit about such matters. Skin is a non-issue. Behavior is all the problem.
Totally agree. So why does the US Census still track race?

it is a little odd, since nearly every "black" american who can trace ancestry back to 1861 is of "mixed" race. And most of us "white" who can do that as well are "mixed."

One reason I used to be a republican is that I'd just prefer the govt limit any preferences to those from lower income families. What private biz and schools do is their biz, imo, unless the exclude on race religion ethnicity (and orientation, but that one is just my preference. It's not a hill I'd die for, since the gays will win anyway)

it is a little odd, since nearly every "black" american who can trace ancestry back to 1861 is of "mixed" race. And most of us "white" who can do that as well are "mixed."

One reason I used to be a republican is that I'd just prefer the govt limit any preferences to those from lower income families. What private biz and schools do is their biz, imo, unless the exclude on race religion ethnicity (and orientation, but that one is just my preference. It's not a hill I'd die for, since the gays will win anyway)
Just trying to unpack your post, lets see if I have it right.
1. DNA testing can be used to confirm mixed race or not. But that won't matter if the US eliminates "race" from being tracked. Does "race" matter or not?

2. I think I agree that government assistance, like food stamps should be based solely on income and not track race.

3. If we eliminate race from the US lexicon altogether, then there can be no whining about red-lining or prejudice. Is the US free from racism? What is the next step?

4. If we eliminate race from the US lexicon, we will also eliminate LGBTQ as a "protected class". We will all be equals in all regards. Is that the next step?

Race is a fiction and has no scientific basis whatsoever.

Race began as a way to discriminate against and devalue people.

It's time we recognize that there is one one race; The Human Race

Forum List

Back