Black or Mixed Race? That is the real question (Poll)

Do you favor eliminating the "one drop rule" in favor of a new "mixed" race designation?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe, see my post

• Eliminate race altogether from the census in faavor of American

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
There are so many light skinned "blacks" as well as Tiger Woods who prefers "mixed race" instead of picking only one race. My question is "why is the one-drop rule still being used in 2021?"
In case you don't know, the race question is as simple as black or white, literally. There are no mixed races in the US. Tiger woods needs to pick black or asian, period.
1622727334374.png

The "one drop rule"means that Tiger would most likely be classified as "black".
"In the United States, the “one-drop rule” — also known as hypodescent — dates to a 1662 Virginia law on the treatment of mixed-race individuals. The legal notion of hypodescent has been upheld as recently as 1985, when a Louisiana court ruled that a woman with a black great-great-great-great-grandmother could not identify herself as “white” on her passport."

So my question to the forum is, would eliminating the "one drop rule" in favor of a new race called "mixed" help alleviate some of the race issues that persist?

There are so many light skinned "blacks" as well as Tiger Woods who prefers "mixed race" instead of picking only one race. My question is "why is the one-drop rule still being used in 2021?"
In case you don't know, the race question is as simple as black or white, literally. There are no mixed races in the US. Tiger woods needs to pick black or asian, period.
View attachment 496855

"In the United States, the “one-drop rule” — also known as hypodescent — dates to a 1662 Virginia law on the treatment of mixed-race individuals. The legal notion of hypodescent has been upheld as recently as 1985, when a Louisiana court ruled that a woman with a black great-great-great-great-grandmother could not identify herself as “white” on her passport."

So my question to the forum is, would eliminating the "one drop rule" in favor of a new race called "mixed" help alleviate some of the race issues that persist?
Hmmmm................ How about just American? No, nothing will eliminate the xenophobia of weak minded people whom fear anyone that looks a little different that them.

All I know is I had a black president. Did not like his policies or his rhetoric, but I was part of history watching him being inaugurated. I am sick and tired to hear bout "black and white"....if one black man can be president, something is going right.
My ancestors came from Europe in the early 1900's. My family were never slave owners. Racist? Maybe. I dont know. When I was born? Skin color was never an issue. Did I know someone was black? Sure. I have eyesight. DId they know I was white? Sure, they had eyesight.
Did it matter to me?
Fucking never.
You racist assholes are pathetic .

I don't care who you screw nor do I give a damn what pops out nine months later.
I go with that. Above. Why do I care?
If you read the link to the 1985 case, and you and your kids are "black", even though you are white, you might think differently. Not that I'm racist, but just looking for accuracy and fairness.
IMHO we need a new race designation with a better rule than the "one drop rule".

The time when being mixed race was a disadvantage for the offspring are in the past. If the census sees the need to add mixed to their intrusive questionaire it would be up to the individual as to how they answer. Me, I check other and write in TexIan.

View attachment 496855

Hmmmm................ How about just American? No, nothing will eliminate the xenophobia of weak minded people whom fear anyone that looks a little different that them.
Actually I'm very fine eliminating race from the census.
"American" is the optimum solution. THANKS!

I don't care who you screw nor do I give a damn what pops out nine months later.
I go with that. Above. Why do I care?
If you read the link the 1985 case, and you and your kids are "black", even though you are white, you might think differently. Not that I'm racist, but just looking for accuracy and fairness.
IMHO we need a new race designation with a better rule than the "one drop rule".
AMRICANS.
Enough with race designation

Forum List

Back