Birth Control Pills For Men

I'm going to just make points.

* Fact, a married woman cannot have sterilization surgery (tubes tied) without the permission from her husband; yet she can an abortion.

* What about the men who have chosen the abortion?

* It is a woman's body & she should have the right to say what her body will & will not do/ go through. But in a marriage, she is not existing in a vaccuum. Does not the Bible say that once married a woman's body is not hers but her husband's and that the husband's is no longer just his, but hers as well?

* All the sexual revolution taught is that people can have sex without responsibility; and that is a LIE.
Sex was given as a joining of man & woman. But after sin entered the world, it, as did everything else, become a detriment rather than a blessing. There are many who have had children who should have NEVER done so.

* I don't think that birth control is immoral. Strictly because of the previous statement. The only other choice would be absteinence, even after marriage.

And at one time, this was actually advised. That a man should not be so eager as to have sex with his wife because her body was wearing out & she was dying at such a young age from giving birth so often & to so many children. And also, should there be complications, medicine was not advanced enough to save the mother, thus leaving the father to rear all the children alone.
That is why there were many gentlemen's houses. A man would go there to have sex. He would make love to his wife for a family. How thoughtful of the husband.

* I think anything that interupts the natural cycle of a body function can't be good, tho' I think the Pill has been a blessing to many. I'm not sure that male birth control is a good thing; stopping the making of so many little wigglers compared to stopping the release of one egg?
Having sex, you take the chance of becoming pregnant. But the amount of abortions, I'm inclined to believe, is out of convenience, not out of as many mistakes or complications, as we are lead to believe.

Ps. Mr P. Don't feel bad about the shots. There are many that share your fear. My ex is a manly man & is deathly afraid of needles. I've had to soothe his fear many a time while the drs have taken blood.

Birth Control Pill for Men

Men may soon be able to bear their share of family planning. Since the advent of the birth control pill in the 1960s, women have used pills, patches, and implants to avoid becoming pregnant, but guys had only two choices — a condom or a vasectomy. That may soon change.

Researchers are testing forms of hormonal contraception for men that would temporarily stop the production of sperm. Formulations include an androgen and a progestin, which work together to block the production of sperm in much the same way female birth control pills prevent eggs from being released. These formulations have been even more effective at preventing pregnancy than condoms, but scientists have questioned whether or not the effects are permanent.

A study that reviewed male contraceptives has shown that after quitting the contraceptive, most men become fertile once again within five months, and 90 percent were fertile within a year.

Still, male contraception won’t be as simple as taking a pill each day. Dr. Peter Liu, who co-authored the study, thinks male contraception will consist of a monthly injection of an androgen, such as testosterone, coupled with a daily pill or implanted capsule of progestin.

Liu predicts the new form of male contraception will be popular once it is available. “Couples want to share the responsibility of family planning, and this allows them to do it,” said Liu.

What I DON'T see addressed here is the effect of androgens on the male body. I'm not sure too many men are willing to accept the possible side effects; especially, when the most noticeable is growing breasts.

What I DON'T see addressed here is the effect of androgens on the male body. I'm not sure too many men are willing to accept the possible side effects; especially, when the most noticeable is growing breasts.
Yes, but then they'll have their very own pair to fondle. :)

As far as a male contraceptive pill, count me out if I'm going to grow tits.

I tried to get a vasectomy when I was in the Air Force. They wouldn't give me one because I was single and only had one child, even though I knew then as I know now, I never want any more kids. I wanted to get the operation while was active duty, because then it would have been free.

I think the biggest problem people should be worried about with sex today is STD's.

Herpes being THE most important.

At least AIDS kills you eventually.

Forum List

Back