Billy Graham Purchases Ads

No.

I don't 'cheer' deaths.
De mortuis nil nisi bonum

I try to allow time to pass before posting negative material about individuals with whom I have political differences.....as difficult as it is at times.

And this:
"I will also cheer Rush Limbaugh's death, whenever it should occur."

Disgusting.
Of course you find it disgusting - you are on the side of those who seek to divide and destroy the United States.

You are a globalist who believes that if you can make a dime more by screwing Americans by investing overseas, you will jump at it.

Wow....a post attempting to scurry away from your original disgusting post.

Good that you realize that it was an abomination.

As for " believes that if you can make a dime more by screwing Americans by investing overseas,"....

....my butler and chauffeur will be by to have a few words with you.

I am scurrying away from nothing.

There used to be a time when Republicans also were against those who would tear this country apart.

Then came Reagan. And Gordon Gekko. And now we have Romney, who would combine the failed policies of the former with the unbridled greed and "me, first" of the latter to totally abandon America while draping themselves in the American flag.

Disgusting, indeed.

Of course you find it disgusting - you are on the side of those who seek to divide and destroy the United States.

You are a globalist who believes that if you can make a dime more by screwing Americans by investing overseas, you will jump at it.

As for " believes that if you can make a dime more by screwing Americans by investing overseas,"....

There used to be a time when Republicans also were against those who would tear this country apart.

Then came Reagan. And Gordon Gekko. And now we have Romney, who would combine the failed policies of the former with the unbridled greed and "me, first" of the latter to totally abandon America while draping themselves in the American flag.

Disgusting, indeed.

'And now we have Romney, who would combine the failed policies of the former with the unbridled greed and "me, first" of the latter to totally abandon America while draping themselves in the American flag.'

I can’t decide if you are insane or crazy.

1. “Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was far more generous to charities than President Barack Obama or Vice President Joe Biden last year, both in dollar terms and as a percentage of income,” reported Politico. “Romney and his wife, Ann, gave 29.4 percent of their income to charity in 2011, donating $4,020,772 out of the $13,696,951 they took in. Obama and first lady Michelle Obama gave 21.8 percent of their income to charitable organizations last year, donating $172,130 out of the $789,674 they made.”
Romney

2. Looking at the ten-year total of Biden’s giving, one percent would have been $24,500. One half of one percent would have been $12,250. One quarter of one percent would have been $6,125. And one eighth of one percent would have been $3,062 — just below what Biden actually contributed.

“The average American household gives about two percent of adjusted gross income,” says Arthur Brooks, the Syracuse University scholar, soon to take over as head of the American Enterprise Institute, who has done extensive research on American giving. “On average, [Biden] is not giving more than one tenth as much as the average American household, and that is evidence that he doesn’t share charitable values with the average American.”
Joe Biden and American Charity - Byron York - National Review Online

3. Up until recent years when their income increased sharply from book revenues and a Senate salary, Obama's family donated a relatively minor amount of its earnings to charity. From 2000 through 2004, the senator and his wife never gave more than $3,500 a year in charitable donations -- about 1 percent of their annual earnings.(Sam Stein Huffington Post)
Obama’s running mate, Joe Biden, was even stingier about spreading his wealth. When his tax records were released in September, they revealed that over the past decade he had only donated an average of $369 each year. In 2007, his charitable giving was only $995, or 0.3 percent of income in a year when his tax returns reported $319,853 in income.

Patterico's Pontifications » Obama and Biden’s Charitable Giving: They Don’t Want to Spread Their Own Wealth Around

Before you next post, you should consider asking yourself "Do I really want the word ‘moron’ in my obituary?”

Disgusting, indeed.

1. “Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was far more generous to charities than President Barack Obama or Vice President Joe Biden last year, both in dollar terms and as a percentage of income,” reported Politico.

He did not give to 'charities', he gave to his cult, the Mormon "church".

No different from paying dues at the country club.

The LDS cultists take in billions of dollars per year in dues, and - in their entire history - have only given $350 million to other, actual charities.

You have failed again, PC. When are you going to learn that you are at a distinct disadvantage in this contest of intelligence and knowledge?

Disgusting, indeed.

1. “Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was far more generous to charities than President Barack Obama or Vice President Joe Biden last year, both in dollar terms and as a percentage of income,” reported Politico.

He did not give to 'charities', he gave to his cult, the Mormon "church".

No different from paying dues at the country club.

The LDS cultists take in billions of dollars per year in dues, and - in their entire history - have only given $350 million to other, actual charities.

You have failed again, PC. When are you going to learn that you are at a distinct disadvantage in this contest of intelligence and knowledge?

Well, well, well....the Mensa reject reminds why no one ever cheated off his paper.
Truly....you are a fool.

Time to award you 'The Wylie Coyote Mounting Disaster Award.'

The very idea that one as severely limited in knowledge and acumen as you are can pronounce judgment on what is and what is not a charity.....

...having as tenuous a hold on reality as you do, how do you find your way back to the refrigerator box you call home?

"We enjoy relationships with a number of organizations around the world dedicated to relief efforts and to humanitarian efforts that truly help strengthen families and communities.

Examples of our partners include:

Asociación Dominicana de Rehabilitación (ADR) in the Dominican Republic: Over ten years, we have organized seven projects with ADR in the Dominican Republic, resulting in the donation of 3,434 wheelchairs and the initiation of training programs for disabled individuals seeking employment. The founder of this organization has been dedicated to serving the disabled holistically and has been a model of a champion in making efforts to meet their needs. Our partnership thrives on the broad community support given to this well-established organization since its formation in 1986.

Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW): We have partnered with IRW and its associated organizations since 2004. Together, we have helped relieve suffering in 15 countries with supplies and equipment needed in response to disasters and for other basic needs. Following the 2004 earthquake and tsunami in Indonesia, we worked together to build ten schools and three health centers.

L V Prasad Eye Institute (LVPEI): We have been working with the L V Prasad Eye Institute in Hyderabad, India, for several years to help establish rural eye clinics in India. The institute’s director had a passion for benefiting the rural poor with an extensive plan. Recognizing a common goal, we provided the institute's rural clinics with the equipment necessary to treat and diagnose their patients. As of 2012, we predict that our assistance with equipment and supplies will help the institute provide eyeglasses, screen diabetes patients, perform general eye screenings in schools and villages, and train technicians, affecting a total of more than 150,000 individuals.
LDS Charities Partner Organizations

My, oh my.....if I were a Liberal, I'd be screaming what a LIAR you are. I'll simply say you were proven wrong......again.

Time and again you prove to be no more than a whiny tool, a true 'reliable Democrat voter'
and no more than comic relief.

And this:Two tenets of humanitarian aid define LDS Charities: 1) One hundred percent of every dollar donated is used to help those in need without regard to race, religion, or ethnic origin, and 2) LDS Charities helps people attain self-sufficiency so they can be self-reliant long after LDS Charities departs.

In 2011, help was provided to more than 2 million people in 132 countries. Currently we are receiving donations for:

Humanitarian Aid Fund
Clean Water
Wheelchairs
Neonatal Resuscitation Training
Vision Care
Food Production & Nutrition
LDS Charities

How do you like having your ignorance and prevarications revealed?
Is this what usually happens?
Hope ya’ crunches come in bunches!

Don’t look now, but someone wrote ‘wash me’ on your back.

LOL. Senile old man, a TV evangilist, is what you consider a quality endorsement? One that has changed a lifelong aversion to the LDS simply on the basis of present politics?

I couldn't believe that when I read that the other day. The blatant hypocrisy of removing Mormonism from their cult list. These people have no shame.

Money and the promise of political power overrides settled faith...everytime.

1. "Washington (CNN) - The most famous and revered pastor in America, Billy Graham, is calling on voters to cast a ballot for their faith in full-page ads in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today and other newspapers.

2. "As I approach my 94th birthday, I realize this election could be my last."

3. "I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel.

4. I urge you to vote for those who protect the sanctity of life and support the biblical definition of marriage between a man and a woman.

5. Vote for biblical values this November 6, and pray with me that America will remain one nation under God."

6. The ad hit the prominent papers Wednesday and Thursday, and could hit a dozen more newspapers, a week after the famed evangelist met with Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney at Graham's Montreat, North Carolina, home and less than a month after his son Franklin Graham issued a full-throated endorsement of Romney in a USA Today opinion piece.

7. "This ad is consistent with both the mission of the BGEA and Billy Graham's personal methodology to diligently and consistently remain politically neutral and nonpartisan throughout his public ministry," Ross said.

8. "Against the backdrop of moral decline and a cultural shift in our nation that reflects timely issues, Mr. Graham's quotation in the ad is an extension of his faithful preaching of a timeless message and strong stand on biblical values for more than six decades.""
Billy Graham buys election ads after Romney meeting – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Do any of Graham's ads say the following:
"Vote for the guy in a cult!"

"Influential pastor Billy Graham is signaling to evangelical Christians that they shouldn't hesitate to vote for Mitt Romney because of his Mormon religion, further cementing Romney's strong standing with the key Republican voting bloc.

The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association this week removed Mormonism from its list of religious cults, the Charlotte Observer reports. Mormons consider themselves Christians, though not all of their beliefs align with mainstream Christian doctrine."

Will it influence evangelical Christians?

I wonder if my buddy Joe will stop hatin' on Mormons now?

Not at all.

You miss the point. I think ALL religion is bullshit.

The only thing Grahmnn has proved is that these guys are all phonies, which has always been my opinion of them.

How can it be that they thought Mormonism was a cult for something like 60 years, and then suddenly, it's not a cult when they are running against the black guy?

If you are an evangelical who is voting for Romney, you're a hypocrite. You really don't believe in your Sky Pixie as much as you claim.
This is what is so sad and quite maddening with radical RW fundamental so-called Christians.

They conflate religion and politics.

We're not voting for the Pastor-in-Chief, we're voting for the Commander-In-Chief...two totally different things.

What these people are, are radical RW fundamentalists.

And yes, they show their hypocracy as clear as day w/stunts like what Graham is doing.

He spent 2/3 of his life preaching one thing about Mormons, but is ready to sweep it under the rug for this.

That is not conviction.

No sir, it most certainly is not.

These are the types of psuedo-Christians that give Christianity a bad name.

It would be delicious justice if the was such high profile hypocrisy the people really start to rally around the removal of religion's tax-exempt rip off.

This is just proof that he's another con artist.

If he believed that they were a cult yesterday, what changed his mind today?

Politics. This is a man who has abandoned his faith and his convictions.

"This is just proof that he's another con artist."

When Obama was asked about his relationship with terrorist Bill Ayers....

"Obama: George, but this is an example of what I'm talking about.

This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who's a professor of English in Chicago, who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. He's not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis."
FactCheck.org: "He Lied" About Bill Ayers?

Now.....I know you mean what you say....

....so, who ya' votin' for?

Why is Billy Graham's integrity and honesty dependent upon any other person's supposed actions?
Excellent question.

What? I went out with my family you twat. Its not all about you cumbucket.
You didn't do anything.

Im not sure what your point was with this post. I answered that you where wrong and nothing more. I know you don't live in reality like the rest of us, but hey what a going to do.

Watch your language....you're not speaking to your family right now.

Interesting comment. Says more about you and your...er...familial ..um...relationships.

"Intellectual"?

I don't recall ever applying said term to myself....but I do get a kick out of it whenever you Lefties attach it to moi.
An inadvertent compliment.

Those of us on the Right often use 'intellectual,' or 'elite' in the pejorative, as follows:

"Unlike advocates of the more conservative, constrained vision, this intellectual vanguard tends to take the “benefits of civilization for granted.” The “vision of the anointed” lacks respect for the wisdom inherent in experience and common opinion. Its practitioners value abstractions—dreams for a peaceful, egalitarian world where conflicts have been overcome—over the “tacit knowledge” available to the parent, the consumer, the entrepreneur, and the citizen.

Sowell vigorously defends wisdom—practical reason—against an abstract rationalism that values ideas over the experience of actual human beings. Intellectuals, he argues, are particularly suspicious of the ties ordinary men and women feel to family, religion, and country. They look down upon “objective reality and objective criteria” in the social sciences, art, music, and philosophy. Their “systems” tend to be self-referential and lack accountability in the external world."
From a review of Intellectuals and Society, by Thomas Sowell (Basic Books, 416 pp., $29.95)

Are you napping?
"It just eats you alive every time i expose you..."
According to Freud, wish fulfillment takes place during sleep.

You know, don't you, that you have zero effects on my mood.
An "intellectual" post might.....you have quite a ways to go.
So your answer to me calling you a faux intellectual is to bluster about intellectualism, and quote Sigmund Freud?

Thank you for proving my point. :lol:

Now answer the post about Billy Graham that you have desperately tried to ignore.

1. Once again, I appreciate your inadvertent compliment.

2. And, I'm so very sorry that your....limitations....prevented you from understanding the references you note.

3. I hate to rub it in.....but this is a perfect example of why you should have stayed in school.

Noting you still avoid answering his question about Graham.

Harry Truman didn't like Billy Graham. In fact, Truman had THIS to say about Graham.
"But now we've got just this one evangelist, this Billy Graham, and he's gone off the beam. He's...well, I hadn’t ought to say this, but he’s one of those counterfeits I was telling you about. He claims he's a friend of all the Presidents, but he was never a friend of mine when I was President. I just don’t go for people like that. All he's interested in is getting his name in the paper."[

Not sure what you would like....

This from the OP:

"I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel.

4. I urge you to vote for those who protect the sanctity of life and support the biblical definition of marriage between a man and a woman.

5. Vote for biblical values this November 6, and pray with me that America will remain one nation under God."

Excellent advice.

I oppose any candidate who endorses infanticide, doesn't support Israel, and eschews biblical values.

If you care to take the opposite perspective,....go for it.
So, you admit that you have no defense of Billy Graham's lack of integrity?

As I predicted.

You really must avoid getting into debates with me, Political Chic - you always lose.

What a stupidly self-congratulatory post.

The point under discussion is the advice that Graham gave in the ad.

This:

"As I approach my 94th birthday, I realize this election could be my last."

3. "I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel.

I find it laudatory.

Of course you do...Rightwingers are known for embracing and reveling in their own hypocrisy.

When Obama was asked about his relationship with terrorist Bill Ayers....

"Obama: George, but this is an example of what I'm talking about.

This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who's a professor of English in Chicago, who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. He's not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis."
FactCheck.org: "He Lied" About Bill Ayers?

Now.....I know you mean what you say....

....so, who ya' votin' for?

Why is Billy Graham's integrity and honesty dependent upon any other person's supposed actions?
Excellent question.
And one that PoliticalChic refuses to answer.

1. Did you know that Brigham Young and Joseph Smith are no longer with us?

2. "... there is no question that the LDS Church has a racist past. Just like the United States of America. And there is no question in my mind that racism does not fade easily—whether from Mormonism, or from American culture at large. But there are many African-American Mormons and their allies who work hard to address it. To get a sense of their lives and their experience, check out this site or this article or this movie.

It’s impossible to generalize how Black people are treated by Mormons, but a little data helps to fill in the story. Although the Church doesn’t keep track of members’ racial identities, folks in the know have estimated that there are between 500,000 and 1,000,000 LDS Church members of African descent worldwide.
What do Mormons believe about African-Americans? | Ask Mormon Girl

3. As you may recall, I have posted that I've been to Salt Lake City and met black officials of the Mormon Church.

4. What do you think of folks who slander the current members with past memories?
What did you say your ethnic background is....and when did they give up owning slaves?

Excellent reply PoliticalChic!! Here is something else, MIA LOVE, who is black and also Mormon is running as a Republican for the U.S. House of Representatives in Utah. So, these people who think the Mormon church is racist should get with Mia, too on that one.

All the lefties have is racism, big bird, binders of women, inflated job numbers, personal attacks and ZERO idea and ZERO solutions.

Synthaholic leaned over in his chair to flatulate:

I'm so glad the guy in your avatar is dead. As I do with all America-destroyers.

No, Breitbart is not dead. He is very much alive in millions of people, including me. I believe Breitbart is looking down from Heaven and is very proud of the impact he has had, his impact with the new media will forever live.

Thanks for the reply you gave, it more than proves what people say about the left, in that they want anyone who disagrees with them dead. Nice to see you couldn't address the reply, but instead replied in the manner you did. Yep, leftism is indeed a mental disorder, and your reply proved it. All too easy.

Excellent reply PoliticalChic!! Here is something else, MIA LOVE, who is black and also Mormon is running as a Republican for the U.S. House of Representatives in Utah. So, these people who think the Mormon church is racist should get with Mia, too on that one.

All the lefties have is racism, big bird, binders of women, inflated job numbers, personal attacks and ZERO idea and ZERO solutions.

I'm so glad the guy in your avatar is dead. As I do with all America-destroyers.

No, Breitbart is not dead. He is very much alive in millions of people, including me. I believe Breitbart is looking down from Heaven and is very proud of the impact he has had, his impact with the new media will forever live.

Thanks for the reply you gave, it more than proves what people say about the left, in that they want anyone who disagrees with them dead. Nice to see you couldn't address the reply, but instead replied in the manner you did. Yep, leftism is indeed a mental disorder, and your reply proved it. All too easy.

:lol::lol::lol:

Reported.

"Influential pastor Billy Graham is signaling to evangelical Christians that they shouldn't hesitate to vote for Mitt Romney because of his Mormon religion, further cementing Romney's strong standing with the key Republican voting bloc.

The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association this week removed Mormonism from its list of religious cults, the Charlotte Observer reports. Mormons consider themselves Christians, though not all of their beliefs align with mainstream Christian doctrine."

Will it influence evangelical Christians?

I wonder if my buddy Joe will stop hatin' on Mormons now?

Not at all.

You miss the point. I think ALL religion is bullshit.

The only thing Grahmnn has proved is that these guys are all phonies, which has always been my opinion of them.

How can it be that they thought Mormonism was a cult for something like 60 years, and then suddenly, it's not a cult when they are running against the black guy?

If you are an evangelical who is voting for Romney, you're a hypocrite. You really don't believe in your Sky Pixie as much as you claim.

Wow, you are a hypocrite for supporting Romney? Sort of reminiscent of the very notion of having a strong believing "Catholic" (John F Kennedy) serving as President of the United States. So what does that say of an evangelical who supports a candidate who then changes his views on marriage, which stands contrary to HIS aclaimed christian belief? Would that choice be viewed as being just as hypocritical? What does a man's faith values have to do with his decision for the economy and the current state (direction) of our country?

Forum List

Back