Bill Maher slams Boston police

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
OK, who took Maher off the DNC talking points memos?

Bill Maher called Boston police officers “unprofessional” on Friday for shooting at the boat where Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was hiding even though it turned out he was unarmed.

“I agree that we shouldn’t have given the kid his Miranda rights because he probably had information. We wanted to take him alive. We all agree with that.… there could’ve been bombs out there, there could’ve been an accomplice. So we wanted to take him alive. If you agree with that then what the cops did there was unprofessional. That’s called contagious fire,” Maher said on HBO’s “Real Time.”

Read more: Bill Maher slams Boston police - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com

It did sorta turn into a feeding frenzy. I bet if the boatman had followed Biden's advice and fired a double barreled shotgun in the air to scare the guy off they would have blown him away.

It's apparent some of the above people posting on this topic never actually watch Bill Maher's show. They probably just rely on "talking points" from the RNC or Fox in order to understand what actually happens live on HBO every Friday night.

If some of the above-mentioned pinheads actually tuned in to "Real Time" they would see people from both the right and the left and somewhere in between discussing things that would...oh well, probably go right over their heads anyway. So, as Bill would say, "...fuck it. Go back inside your bubble...."

I was wondering about that myself, shooting up the boat appeared to be excessive force since the subject didn't present an immediate threat. There was no way for him to have fired on police, so what was the justification to fire on him?

It's apparent some of the above people posting on this topic never actually watch Bill Maher's show. They probably just rely on "talking points" from the RNC or Fox in order to understand what actually happens live on HBO every Friday night.

If some of the above-mentioned pinheads actually tuned in to "Real Time" they would see people from both the right and the left and somewhere in between discussing things that would...oh well, probably go right over their heads anyway. So, as Bill would say, "...fuck it. Go back inside your bubble...."

Nice deflection.

What does any of that have to do with what he said???

Of course I am not going to listen to him he is a liberal and I don't hide the fact that I won't listen. I am not going to tell you what he thinks or says without a direct quote. Very unlike those who "quote" Beck or Jones without one shread of a real quote only what they heard on the Dailykos.

You do understand that the quote and article was from Politico.

Nice deflection.

Gotta disagree, it wasn't that nice.

Uhh.. read his first line. Kind of tells you what the post is about. Hint: just after "It's apparent". :eusa_wall:

Of course I am not going to listen to him he is a liberal and I don't hide the fact that I won't listen.

-- then on what basis can you write the OP?

:lalala:

Last edited:
I was wondering about that myself, shooting up the boat appeared to be excessive force since the subject didn't present an immediate threat. There was no way for him to have fired on police, so what was the justification to fire on him?

they saw a thermal image inside the boat. Apparently they used facial recognition software to identify him, either that or dental records. In the end the proof is in the pudding, they got the right guy.

I agree. Much the same as LAPD putting all those bullet holes in a pickup delivering papers under the theory that it might have been Chris Dorner in there, even though the truck didn't match the description.

Uhh.. read his first line. Kind of tells you what the post is about. Hint: just after "It's apparent". :eusa_wall:

Of course I am not going to listen to him he is a liberal and I don't hide the fact that I won't listen.

I read the article.

I read the article.

And you also wrote, "OK, who took Maher off the DNC talking points memos?".
So you admit you don't know what you're talking about.

I can't in a million years imagine shutting some voice out because I might not agree with it, and then going on to write about what that voice does. Seems hypocritical. When your beliefs are secure, and when you're open enough to be unafraid of having them challenged (and maybe even changed), then you have no fear of that alternate view.

Last edited:

they saw a thermal image inside the boat. Apparently they used facial recognition software to identify him, either that or dental records. In the end the proof is in the pudding, they got the right guy.

That didn't answer the question, lethal force is only justified when a threat is present, the a-hole in the boat did not present a threat just by the fact he was there. So I'll ask again, what was the justification to fire on him?

I read the article.

I can't in a million years imagine shutting some voice out because I might not agree with it, and then going on to write about what that voice does. Seems hypocritical. When your beliefs are secure, and when you're open enough to be unafraid of having them challenged (and maybe even changed), then you have no fear of that alternate view.

No, I admit you can't recognize sarcasm.

Where or who did I say someone should be shut out? I didn't. My point is that look at this board. Almost all, but not all, of the liberals have absolutely no problem with the police shooting through the boat without positive identification. Most, but not all, had no problem with the way the house to house search was conducted. Meher disagreed with both. The liberals are so in lock step one would think they get talking points from the DNC or Dailykos.

Bill Maher called Boston police officers “unprofessional” on Friday for shooting at the boat where Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was hiding even though it turned out he was unarmed.

“I agree that we shouldn’t have given the kid his Miranda rights because he probably had information. We wanted to take him alive. We all agree with that.… there could’ve been bombs out there, there could’ve been an accomplice. So we wanted to take him alive. If you agree with that then what the cops did there was unprofessional. That’s called contagious fire,” Maher said on HBO’s “Real Time.”

Bill Maher has never followed talking points, you fucking retard.

If you weren't so naive, you would know that.

I read the article.

Where or who did I say someone should be shut out? I didn't. My point is that look at this board. Almost all, but not all, of the liberals have absolutely no problem with the police shooting through the boat without positive identification. Most, but not all, had no problem with the way the house to house search was conducted. Meher disagreed with both. The liberals are so in lock step one would think they get talking points from the DNC or Dailykos.

"Liberals in lock step"??? :rofl: How long have you been on this planet then?

"I belong to no organized party. I am a Democrat." -- Will Rogers, 1935
See also Cowman above.

The passage where you shut your ears and earned the :lalala: icon was:

I even put it in bold for you. Do I have to write it real big?

Last edited:

"Liberals in lock step"??? :rofl: How long have you been on this planet then?

"I belong to no organized party. I am a Democrat." -- Will Rogers, 1935
See also Cowman above.

The passage where you shut your ears and earned the :lalala: icon was:

I even put it in bold for you. Do I have to write it real big?

Will Rogers 1935, he can't be talking about todays Democrats, remember the parties switched not long ago.

Bill Maher has never followed talking points, you fucking retard.

If you weren't so naive, you would know that.

Yet another ignorant low information voter that doesn't know when they are being mocked. Yikes you guys are a narcissistic bunch.

Forum List

Back