Bill Maher basically admits abortion is murder, and tells us why we need to embrace it anyway.

Yet many posters here bitch about religious crazies being the problem.
You are jumping from one strawman to another. I'm not many posters, I speak for myself.

Hmm, maybe you do belive stuff based on coin flips, the rest is just an excercise in rationalization. :D

Or they will make their mind up in the 10-15 weeks.

Again, unlike you I am willing to compromise to get what I want.
So, a woman gets an abortion at 16 weeks. Further, she lies to her doctor and tells him that she only got pregnant 14 weeks ago.

Are you going to prosecute her or not?

Seems to me that you want to compromise to make your awful position sound more palatable.

Now they are out in the open and dont care
Leftists have never cared about human life.

So, a woman gets an abortion at 16 weeks. Further, she lies to her doctor and tells him that she only got pregnant 14 weeks ago.

Are you going to prosecute her or not?

That's for the legal people to figure out. When I flick a light switch, I don't have to figure out how to get power from the plant to my apartment.

I have always stood by the notion that SCOTUS are cowards for not addressing the issue of personhood for the unborn like they did for Blacks.
Actually, SCOTUS did address the issue of personhood in Roe v. Wade.

Yep, you are correct.....But "correct" is not always the best path forward.

All SCOTUS did was prevent a "red wave" in '22 and the gop will suffer anywhere an abortion issue is on the ballot in '24, mark my words.

Show me a state that has banned abortion if the citizenry gets to have a vote on it.....I'll save you the trouble.....None.
What I predicted for years and years is coming to fruition exactly as I said it would.

2012:
I have repeatedly argued on this forum that pro-lifers need to come to the realization that repealing Roe v. Wade would have virtually no effect on the number of abortions in this country. I have backed that up with evidence.

The first few years after will be rough as the lines get drawn. What the Abortion restrictions people need to do is realize some is better than all. Most people would support a 10-15 week ban on birth control abortions, with life of the mother exceptions or fetal viability exceptions after
93 percent of abortions occur in the first trimester.

Actually, SCOTUS did address the issue of personhood in Roe v. Wade.
Not really.

They hid behind the notion of the right to privacy for the woman.

There is no official ruling as to when a human being becomes a human being. This now allows the blue states to murder infants up to birth as well as red states since abortion will now be completely deregulated via state constitutional amendments.

Instead, they more or less admitted they were in over their heads in deciding this, and then added when they thought the cut off time should be for an abortion with a rather arbitrary gestational age.

Hiding behind the right to privacy for the mother screams that there is no real concern for the unborn child's life.

All Roe did was get rid of the laws no one was obeying.
Correct.

There was a small difference in the incidence of abortion before and after Roe. Abortions increased slightly.

Before Roe v. Wade, t

That's because even those states which banned abortion had exceptions for "the health of the mother". Those states which allowed abortion for "health of the mother" were virtually abortion-on-demand states because doctors can always provide a circumstantial "health of the mother" excuse, and that's what they did. An abortion could be granted for the mothers mental health.

Not really.

They hid behind the notion of the right to privacy for the woman.

There is no official ruling as to when a human being becomes a human being.
No, that is incorrect. The court ruled the fetus was protected in the third trimester.

You should read the decision.

U.S. — As struggling American citizens finished filing their taxes this week, many expressed hope that their small contributions will be instrumental in getting the national debt down to a much more manageable $34 trillion.

"We know this national debt is a real problem, and we're just happy we can help out," said one couple who just spent the money they were saving for a car to pay an unexpectedly high tax bill for 2023. "We know the government is doing everything it can to use our money wisely and address the debt issue. That really makes the pain of paying taxes worthwhile."

Mike Johnson, the Republican in charge of all the nation's spending, echoed the sentiment. "Yeah I really want to do something about this debt. We'll be sure to address it after we've spent the necessary funds on Ukraine, Israel, Iran, Mexico, Canada, Haiti, Gaza, Saudi Arabia, entitlement spending, military spending, and every single earmark the Democrats want to spend money on. Whatever's left over, we'll totally throw at the debt. For sure."
No, that is incorrect. The court ruled the fetus was protected in the third trimester.

You should read the decision.
Protected, but not a human being.

That is a big difference. That is like saying the slave is protected, but not really a human being with natural rights.

Nonetheless, notice state Constitutions being shoved in the face of the American people, especially in red states that pass, have no such provision for protecting infants in the third trimester. As bad as the Roe vs Wade ruling was, at least the unborn have more protection than they do today.

Since Roe was overturned, abortions are more prevalent.

That is the irony here.

I have been pointing out for many years that a lot people who self-identify as "pro-choice" actually have beliefs which are in direct opposition to Roe V. Wade.

Roe allows for abortion on demand all the way through the second trimester, and yet every poll ever conducted shows 2/3 of all Americans are opposed to abortion after the first trimester.

This means a lot of "pro-choice" people are also opposed to abortion after the first trimester, while Roe allows for abortions in the second trimester.

That is why I have been saying all this time we need to stop allowing the extremists to control the conversation because there is a middle ground upon which pro-lifers and pro-choicers can find common cause. That is, banning abortion after the first trimester.

What's more, we need to start working together to educate the public about birth control. About HALF of all unplanned pregnancies which result in abortion are the result of NO birth control being used. Another fifth are the result of the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

Just imagine the impact on the incidence of abortions if we could get people to use birth control regularly and properly!

It's far past time for us to take control away from the emotional extremists who are getting in the way of actually achieving success on this issue

Protected, but not a human being.
Yes, a human being.

Read the decision.

You complained SCOTUS did not declare fetuses a protected class like they have for blacks.

Well, in Roe v Wade they did just that.

Unless your belief system is not bound by earthly powers.

Also, the Nuremberg trials put the lie to your claim.
Not the same thing.

Do you think if Hitler had won WW2 that Nazis would have been held accountable for killing Jews?

I have been pointing out for many years that a lot people who self-identify as "pro-choice" actually have beliefs which are in direct opposition to Roe V. Wade.

Roe allows for abortion on demand all the way through the second trimester, and yet every poll ever conducted shows 2/3 of all Americans are opposed to abortion after the first trimester.

This means a lot of "pro-choice" people are also opposed to abortion after the first trimester, while Roe allows for abortions in the second trimester.

That is why I have been saying all this time we need to stop allowing the extremists to control the conversation because there is a middle ground upon which pro-lifers and pro-choicers can find common cause. That is, banning abortion after the first trimester.

What's more, we need to start working together to educate the public about birth control. About HALF of all unplanned pregnancies which result in abortion are the result of NO birth control being used. Another fifth are the result of the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

Just imagine the impact on the incidence of abortions if we could get people to use birth control regularly and properly!

It's far past time for us to take control away from the emotional extremists who are getting in the way of actually achieving success on this issue
Working together?

Leftists don't compromise with anyone. They simply infiltrate and subvert the system. It is what they are best at. Really, it's all they know.

It is their way or the highway, which is why abortion is being deregulated all across the country via state, even in Red states via state constitutions. They present their amendments as returning to Roe vs. Wade, when in actuality, there is no verbiage to restrain abortions in the third trimester, it is all a big lie to completely deregulate abortion. Now it will all be done in secret.

The extremists have quietly taken over after Roe was overturned. They have zero incentive now to compromise with anyone about anything. It was the only way they could have done it. Like you said, over 2/3 of the populace are opposed to late term abortion, and would never have voted for it, so quietly legalizing it was the only way they could have gotten away with this crap. But Leftists, being Leftists, are full of shit, so there is that.

Forum List

Back