Bill Maher basically admits abortion is murder, and tells us why we need to embrace it anyway.

No comprimises with religious fanatics... because if you clowns had your way, women would be expected to DIE making babies as God intended.

No respect for people who can't spell.

15 weeks is what a majority of Americans would be OK with, with exceptions for the life of the mother or fetal non-viability.

It is a unique organism and a unique life. Human life.

The person thing is just semantics.
No it's not "just semantics", only hardcore theologians would recognize a few cells as a person make. Only most religious would ever think that these few cells have rights that can over-ride the rights of the parents.

This is why absolutist anti-abortion movement will never get populist support and those that do no understand that fundamental point are in for a lifetime of disapointment.

Last edited:
15 weeks is what a majority of Americans would be OK with, with exceptions for the life of the mother or fetal non-viability.

A lot of polls show people aren't okay with that. Not that it matters, it's not their bodies.

Did I add viable?

Oh wait, you did. Dishonest hack is Dishonest.

More qualifications and semantics to avoid the root of the discussion.

If it isn't viable, it's the woman's decision.

No it's not "just semantics", only hardcore theologians would recognize a few cells as a person make.

This is why absolutist anti-abortion movement will never get populist support and those that do no understand that fundamental point are in for a lifetime of disapointment.
FB_IMG_1709043215244.jpg

You loons are becoming increasingly nazi by the day.

Again with the "person" semantics.

it's a unique human life. That is a fact beyond dispute.
Ok dummy, good luck convincing people that THIS has rights that over-ride the rights of the mother:

Zygote1.jpg

If it's "just sementics" and not about substance of what you are looking at, then surely you can find the right words to make it happen without funny costumes and waving Bibles around. :rolleyes-41:

Now they are out in the open and dont care
Yes. They pretty much don't care.

And there is the point of view I support. The extreme right who would essentially ban ALL abortion for any reason and the extreme left wants no restrictions of any kind on abortion and admires those who get one or many.

My view is that once the egg is fertilized and attached to the uterine wall, you have the beginning of a new human life. Not a single one of us made it into the world without going through that and all the other stages of human development. Whatever one's view of abortion, we ALL should be aware that we are dealing with a human life.

I and the vast majority of Americans want some reasonable restrictions on abortion. I want only a licensed physician to do them and then only when NECESSARY. And that decision should be left to the mother and the doctor or, if the mother is incapable of making the decision, whoever can make medical decisions for her can consent.

And as there is absolutely no constitutional authority given for the federal government to make laws governing abortion, the various states should make any laws to regulate abortion along with any other medical procedures and practices that are necessary to regulate.

(And yes, my preference for abortion would put organizations like Planned Parenthood out of business.)

My view is that once the egg is fertilized and attached to the uterine wall, you have the beginning of a new human life. Not a single one of us made it into the world without going through that and all the other stages of human development. Whatever one's view of abortion, we ALL should be aware that we are dealing with a human life.

How does attachment make for human life, let alone a person with rights that over-ride those of the mother?

No it's not "just semantics", only hardcore theologians would recognize a few cells as a person make. Only most religious would ever think that these few cells have rights that can over-ride the rights of the parents.

Next time reply, don't stealth edit when I already responded.

Meanwhile if you propose a 15 week ban on birth control abortions with exceptions for the life of the mother and fetal non-viability, most Americans would be on board with it.

A lot of polls show people aren't okay with that. Not that it matters, it's not their bodies.

If it isn't viable, it's the woman's decision.

A lot of polls say the 10-15 week bans on birth control abortions are just fine.

Actually in NY an CA even a viable fetus can be aborted at the last second as long as you can convince one doctor the woman's health is at some undefined level of risk.

Please join the group I've recommended for remedial reading comprehension. I did not mention 'rights' once in my post.
You clearly do not understand that abortion debate is fundamentally about RIGHTS.

Rights of the parents to have reproductive freedom and have children when they are ready to VS interests of the child and the state to restict those rights.

Next time reply, don't stealth edit when I already responded.

Meanwhile if you propose a 15 week ban on birth control abortions with exceptions for the life of the mother and fetal non-viability, most Americans would be on board with it.

It does sound like you do agree that abortion should be legal up certain point of pregnancy.

Forum List

Back