Bill Burr’s ‘offensive’ monologue on ‘SNL’ ignites Twitter firestorm

RightNorLeft

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2010
Antfa must be up in arms, the truth can suck sometimes

Stand-up comic and former “Breaking Bad” actor Bill Burr has ignited a Twitter firestorm — for mocking everyone from white women to gays in his first “Saturday Night Live’’ monologue.

The Netflix star referred to white women as his “bitches” while claiming they had “somehow hijacked the woke movement.”

“The woke movement was supposed to be about people of color not getting opportunities. … Somehow, white women swung their Gucci-booted feet over the fence of oppression and stuck themselves at the front of the line,’’ said the creator of Netflix’s animated show “F is for Family” as he opened TV’s “SNL” on Saturday.

“I’ve never heard such complaining in my life from white women,” Burr said.

He made fun of gays, too — suggesting their struggle has been nothing like racial minorities’.

“The month of June is Gay Pride month. That’s a little long, don’t you think, for a group of people that were never enslaved?’’ Burr said. “How did they get all of June?

“The black people were actually enslaved. They get February, they get 28 days of overcast weather. … How about you hook them up with July? These are equator people.”

ROTFLMAO!

He has a point about white women and the woke movement..and PC in general. Some of the most entitled people on the planet moaning about injustice..holding their $7 soy latte from Starbucks!

Since the Jews were the original victims, they got dibs on purchasing the months. They bought all twelve months and then rent each of them out to the various victim groups. Since blacks are the least self-sufficient of them all and are subsidized by the gov as a result, the money flows directly and freely from the fed, making February the most cost effective month since its fewer days result in reduced overhead. ;)

But it wasn't really funny. That kind of comedy is easy. If he can't be any funnier than that Gutfeld idiot, he should give up comedy and do something else.

But it wasn't really funny. That kind of comedy is easy. If he can't be any funnier than that Gutfeld idiot, he should give up comedy and do something else.
What makes it funny is that it was logical and spot-on.
Which is why it hit a nerve and made you dislike it.
BTW, Gutfeld’s old show, Red Eye, was a launching pad for several other comedians/entertainers including Amy Schumer.

Humor is in the eye of the beholder...and I do think that folks should take themselves and their cultural bs just a bit more lightly. All these 'untouchable' subjects..are ripe for humor...IMO.

Laugh...or not..and move on. Without finding some profound social indignation in humor.

BTW, Gutfeld’s old show, Red Eye, was a launching pad for several other comedians/entertainers including Amy Schumer.

She is a hard worker. She went on every stupid show she could get just to get her start. It's a shame she didn't give him any tips on being funny.

She is a hard worker. She went on every stupid show she could get just to get her start. It's a shame she didn't give him any tips on being funny.
There were several others. You missed the point that gutfeld helped them all along.

Humor is in the eye of the beholder...and I do think that folks should take themselves and their cultural bs just a bit more lightly. All these 'untouchable' subjects..are ripe for humor...IMO. Laugh...or not..and move on. Without finding some profound social indignation in humor.
Burr goes after everything and everybody. He's the best, in my book. Americans are wound up so tightly that we can no longer laugh at ourselves. That can't be a good sign.

There were several others. You missed the point that gutfeld helped them all along.

And he really wishes he was funny.

Woke white women are like barking seals clapping their hands waiting to be given a treat from the black men who parade them around.

I didn’t find it funny only because it wasn’t overly clever nor did it point out some Seinfeld observation. The month bit of Feb vs June was only clever part I thought.

I didn’t find it funny only because it wasn’t overly clever nor did it point out some Seinfeld observation. The month bit of Feb vs June was only clever part I thought.

That was kinda my point.

Antfa must be up in arms, the truth can suck sometimes

Stand-up comic and former “Breaking Bad” actor Bill Burr has ignited a Twitter firestorm — for mocking everyone from white women to gays in his first “Saturday Night Live’’ monologue.

The Netflix star referred to white women as his “bitches” while claiming they had “somehow hijacked the woke movement.”

“The woke movement was supposed to be about people of color not getting opportunities. … Somehow, white women swung their Gucci-booted feet over the fence of oppression and stuck themselves at the front of the line,’’ said the creator of Netflix’s animated show “F is for Family” as he opened TV’s “SNL” on Saturday.

“I’ve never heard such complaining in my life from white women,” Burr said.

He made fun of gays, too — suggesting their struggle has been nothing like racial minorities’.

“The month of June is Gay Pride month. That’s a little long, don’t you think, for a group of people that were never enslaved?’’ Burr said. “How did they get all of June?

“The black people were actually enslaved. They get February, they get 28 days of overcast weather. … How about you hook them up with July? These are equator people.”

I reckon systemic racism won't even let blacks play the victim.

LOL.

Well there you have it, let's feel sorry for Bill and company.

One, two, three.............."Awe!!" "There, there"

What if the guy wasn't trying to be funny in the first place? Maybe he was only addressing what he considers to be important enough. Why do people automatically assume that something or someone is being made fun of whenever the subject of them is brought up at all period? To me, people should just be glad that they are mentioned at all when they could just be completely ignored all together. Is other people acting like certain other people don't exist really the hope that some people on this planet have?

God bless you and that man always!!!

Holly

What if the guy wasn't trying to be funny in the first place? Maybe he was only addressing what he considers to be important enough. Why do people automatically assume that something or someone is being made fun of whenever the subject of them is brought up at all period? To me, people should just be glad that they are mentioned at all when they could just be completely ignored all together. Is other people acting like certain other people don't exist really the hope that some people on this planet have?

God bless you and that man always!!!

Holly

I've seen lots of other skits on SNL that looked like they weren't even trying to be funny.

OK Karen.

th

And he really wishes he was funny.
Sometimes he is.

I wouldn’t think a white woke woman would have found it funny.

In fact I don’t think woke white women find anything funny.

They’re too busy bitching about something... like bitching about someone not being funny

Forum List

Back