Bilingual Ed

I can't imagine trying to learn ANYTHING when the teacher and everyone around me is speaking a foreign language. I just can't. One of my half brothers was adopted from Colombia when he was 6 or so. They offered bilingual ed and my Dad insisted no. Poor kid did somehow make it (my stepmom spoke Spanish so at least at home he got a bit of a break) but I can't imagine what it must have been like. Seems to me the law before was pretty damned cruel.

I can't imagine trying to learn ANYTHING when the teacher and everyone around me is speaking a foreign language. I just can't. One of my half brothers was adopted from Colombia when he was 6 or so. They offered bilingual ed and my Dad insisted no. Poor kid did somehow make it (my stepmom spoke Spanish so at least at home he got a bit of a break) but I can't imagine what it must have been like. Seems to me the law before was pretty damned cruel.
90 % of the world's school children learn everything in a foreign language from the very 1st day in school. I am one of them. Believe me, if it is just a fact of your life, you will do it too, with no problems.

90 % of the world's school children learn everything in a foreign language from the very 1st day in school. I am one of them. Believe me, if it is just a fact of your life, you will do it too, with no problems.
Why do 90% of the world's school children learn everything in a foreign language from the very 1st day in school? I'm glad you had no problems, though.

My parents would never have allowed me to be in a classroom where anything other than English was spoken. Nor would any child of mine be in any educational multilingual situation.

My parents would never have allowed me to be in a classroom where anything other than English was spoken. Nor would any child of mine be in any educational multilingual situation.
Why? Do you not understand the bennefits or are you just one of those close minded nationalists?

Why do 90% of the world's school children learn everything in a foreign language from the very 1st day in school? I'm glad you had no problems, though.
Nobody has problems with this, except political trouble makers. The reason for the 90 % is that 90 % of all the ~ 200 countries is a formal colony with hundreds of tribes in them whose languages can't be tracked so they all agree to just continue in the old colonial language for the schools. Then there are even more people, and I am in this category, who are members of some ethnic minority or another, and are actively denied an education in their native languages. The purpose of this is to loot and rob them off of their money, off of their ability to do business, and off of their identities and traditions. Centralized governments that operate popular democracies all realize that they can sell in a new market when they kill off the local language of that market. Check out France.

"Cruel"?

90%? Link?

90%? Link?
Link blink. You need to purchase a real world interface.

90%? Link?
Link blink. You need to purchase a real world interface.

Can you support your claim or not?

"Cruel"?
I'd be lost. Yes it seems cruel.

Nobody has problems with this, except political trouble makers. The reason for the 90 % is that 90 % of all the ~ 200 countries is a formal colony with hundreds of tribes in them whose languages can't be tracked so they all agree to just continue in the old colonial language for the schools. Then there are even more people, and I am in this category, who are members of some ethnic minority or another, and are actively denied an education in their native languages. The purpose of this is to loot and rob them off of their money, off of their ability to do business, and off of their identities and traditions. Centralized governments that operate popular democracies all realize that they can sell in a new market when they kill off the local language of that market. Check out France.
Where did you live?

"Cruel"?
I'd be lost. Yes it seems cruel.

It's certainly not easy, but "cruel"?

Forum List

Back