'Big nothing burger': Fani Willis hearing failed to turn up evidence of corruption

Her and Wade weren't lovers?
She didn't put him on the case?
Wade was experienced in RICO cases?
Willis didn't pay him substantially more than the other prosecutors?
They didn't go on lavish vacations paid for by Wade?

What am I "wrong" on?
"The defense attorney who first exposed the relationship says it creates a conflict of interest?"

name the supposed conflict of interest

"Willis said she hired three special prosecutors for the election case: a white man, a white woman and a Black man. They are paid the same hourly rate and no one has questioned the qualifications of the two white lawyers, she said."

"The defense attorney who first exposed the relationship says it creates a conflict of interest?"

name the supposed conflict of interest

"Willis said she hired three special prosecutors for the election case: a white man, a white woman and a Black man. They are paid the same hourly rate and no one has questioned the qualifications of the two white lawyers, she said."
When she said they were paid the same hourly rate she lied. Wade was paid a hundred dollars an hour MORE than the other two lawyers even though THEY had much more trial experience than he did and also had tried RICO cases before!

When she said they were paid the same hourly rate she lied. Wade was paid a hundred dollars an hour MORE than the other two lawyers even though THEY had much more trial experience than he did and also had tried RICO cases before!

Actually the discussion of rates was for three different types of activities:
  • First Appearance Contract
  • Taint Contract
  • Special Prosecutor Rate
And actually it makes sense to pay different rates for different types of work depending on the intensity and complexity of the tasks to be performed.

WW

1708527105203.png

1708527137587.png

Actually the discussion of rates was for three different types of activities:
  • First Appearance Contract
  • Taint Contract
  • Special Prosecutor Rate
And actually it makes sense to pay different rates for different types of work depending on the intensity and complexity of the tasks to be performed.

WW

View attachment 905998

View attachment 905999
In what way does it "make sense" to pay a lawyer with zero experience in RICO cases more money to do a RICO case than lawyers with a great deal of experience in RICO cases?

Come on, WW...you know as well as I do why Willis paid Wade a hundred bucks an hour more than the other two lawyers! Don't embarrass yourself excusing what she did.

In what way does it "make sense" to pay a lawyer with zero experience in RICO cases more money to do a RICO case than lawyers with a great deal of experience in RICO cases?

Come on, WW...you know as well as I do why Willis paid Wade a hundred bucks an hour more than the other two lawyers!

It's in the testimony, the other two lawyers in the firm were not doing RICO work, they were doing First Appearance and Filter/Taint reviews. First Appearance work is basically showing up for arraignments at night court, taint work was filter files from the GBI for police statements that could or could not be turned over to Prosecutors.

Come on, Oldestyle would you pay the janitor the same rate to change a lightbulb as you would for an electrical to rewire a room.

I know I wouldn't.

Don't embarrass yourself excusing what she did.

I'm not "excusing" what she did, she was wrong for boinking a contractor. No if, ands or butts. The question isn't was she paying attorney's at the same firm different rates for different work, it's absolutely good management to do that. That is what the testimony about was in court.

What the claimants should have done is introduce evidence (if they had any) that Willis was paying Wade more than she paid other contract prosecutors. Now THAT would have been an indication of fiscal malfeasance. Now either multiple lawyers for multiple claimants from the RICO clients didn't think of that, OR they did think of it and found that Wade was paid the same and didn't want it brought up during the hearing. Given there were at least half a dozen (maybe as many as 10 if you count those that Zoom'd in) lawyers for the claimants they to shut down the case, I suspect that Wade was paid the same otherwise they would have brought it in.

So come on, Oldstyle recognize that this wasn't about Willis, it was trying to get the case stalled or dismissed to protect the big fish in the case.

WW

It's in the testimony, the other two lawyers in the firm were not doing RICO work, they were doing First Appearance and Filter/Taint reviews. First Appearance work is basically showing up for arraignments at night court, taint work was filter files from the GBI for police statements that could or could not be turned over to Prosecutors.

Come on, Oldestyle would you pay the janitor the same rate to change a lightbulb as you would for an electrical to rewire a room.

I know I wouldn't.

I'm not "excusing" what she did, she was wrong for boinking a contractor. No if, ands or butts. The question isn't was she paying attorney's at the same firm different rates for different work, it's absolutely good management to do that. That is what the testimony about was in court.

What the claimants should have done is introduce evidence (if they had any) that Willis was paying Wade more than she paid other contract prosecutors. Now THAT would have been an indication of fiscal malfeasance. Now either multiple lawyers for multiple claimants from the RICO clients didn't think of that, OR they did think of it and found that Wade was paid the same and didn't want it brought up during the hearing. Given there were at least half a dozen (maybe as many as 10 if you count those that Zoom'd in) lawyers for the claimants they to shut down the case, I suspect that Wade was paid the same otherwise they would have brought it in.

So come on, Oldstyle recognize that this wasn't about Willis, it was trying to get the case stalled or dismissed to protect the big fish in the case.

WW
So let me get this straight...
You've hired 3 lawyers to help prosecute a RICO case against a former President of the United States. 2 of the lawyers have experience with RICO cases. 1 has no experience with RICO cases at all. So you have the 2 lawyers with experience with RICO cases doing the "grunt" legal work and the lawyer with no RICO expertise is working on the case with Willis? Did that even sound vaguely believable when you wrote it?

As for what Willis was paying them? She was paying Wade a hundred dollars an hour MORE than the other two lawyers! That was pointed out in court.

Of course it's about Willis. She's bringing charges against a former President with the blinding spot light that accompanies doing something like that. Who the hell is stupid enough to do what she did with Wade? You put your boy toy on the payroll? And think nobody will notice? You go off on lavish vacations in the midst of preparing for the trial? Then when you get caught...you blame "racism"? Fani Willis has no business being a District Attorney let alone one who's going after a former President!

I know I wouldn't.

WW
And calling the other two lawyers "janitors" that didn't deserve to be paid what Wade was paid is hilarious! Wade has no experience at all with this kind of case...NONE! He's like the guy looking for work standing in the Home Depot parking lot. He's the guy you're going to hire to wire your house or do your plumbing? Don't make me laugh!

And calling the other two lawyers "janitors" that didn't deserve to be paid what Wade was paid is hilarious! Wade has no experience at all with this kind of case...NONE! He's like the guy looking for work standing in the Home Depot parking lot. He's the guy you're going to hire to wire your house or do your plumbing? Don't make me laugh!
Don't make me laugh. The judge already said Wade's qualifications aren't in question. What's hilarious is that we're supposed to take seriously a criminal defendant demanding an even better prosecutor put him in jail. The argument is basically "this guy isn't experienced enough to lock me up". How stupid do you have to be to think that's a serious legal argument? :lmao:

You've hired 3 lawyers to help prosecute a RICO case against a former President of the United States. 2 of the lawyers have experience with RICO cases. 1 has no experience with RICO cases at all. So you have the 2 lawyers with experience with RICO cases doing the "grunt" legal work and the lawyer with no RICO expertise is working on the case with Willis? Did that even sound vaguely believable when you wrote it?

As for what Willis was paying them? She was paying Wade a hundred dollars an hour MORE than the other two lawyers! That was pointed out in court.

Of course it's about Willis. She's bringing charges against a former President with the blinding spot light that accompanies doing something like that. Who the hell is stupid enough to do what she did with Wade? You put your boy toy on the payroll? And think nobody will notice? You go off on lavish vacations in the midst of preparing for the trial? Then when you get caught...you blame "racism"? Fani Willis has no business being a District Attorney let alone one who's going after a former President!
1) There is no basis for disqualifying Willis, at least not if Judge McAfee credits compelling sworn testimony on her part—testimony corroborated by both Wade and Willis’s father

2) Wade has displayed a sufficient lack of candor with the courts that he is not a credible figure to continue to represent the state in this case

see the details here.

Don't make me laugh. The judge already said Wade's qualifications aren't in question. What's hilarious is that we're supposed to take seriously a criminal defendant demanding an even better prosecutor put him in jail. The argument is basically "this guy isn't experienced enough to lock me up". How stupid do you have to be to think that's a serious legal argument? :lmao:
What qualifies Wade to try a RICO case? His vast experience with RICO cases? HE HAS NONE!!! So why was he hired to prosecute a former President on a RICO charge?

1) There is no basis for disqualifying Willis, at least not if Judge McAfee credits compelling sworn testimony on her part—testimony corroborated by both Wade and Willis’s father

2) Wade has displayed a sufficient lack of candor with the courts that he is not a credible figure to continue to represent the state in this case

see the details here.
With all due respect, Dud? If Willis lied to the court about when her and Wade's romantic relationship began then she's committed perjury. That's a crime.

With all due respect, Dud? If Willis lied to the court about when her and Wade's romantic relationship began then she's committed perjury. That's a crime.
Trump's attorney Steve Sadow accused Nathan Wade of perjury, but no such accusation on WIllis. Also, the judge would need to weigh in on such a claim.

Trump's attorney Steve Sadow accused Nathan Wade of perjury, but no such accusation on WIllis. Also, the judge would need to weigh in on such a claim.
There are two witnesses that have the Willis - Wade romantic relationship taking place from back in 2019, Dud...which means that both Willis and Wade lied in their testimony before the divorce court. That's perjury.

You've hired 3 lawyers to help prosecute a RICO case against a former President of the United States.

Let me stop you right there because you don’t have it straight.

The only discussion in the transcripts was about the 3 lawyer in her firm at the time. The testimony clearly talks about different rates for First Appearances, Taint/Filter work, and Prosecutor.

Screen shots of the testimony were already previously provided.

Please discuss what was actually questioned and answered instead of making stuff up and then arguing against that.

Appreciate it.

WW

See the transcripts for the different work rates that were presented. Wade was the only one contracted for prosecution work. The other two were contracted for First Appearance and Filter/Taint work.

WW

See the transcripts for the different work rates that were presented. Wade was the only one contracted for prosecution work. The other two were contracted for First Appearance and Filter/Taint work.

WW
Why would you contract someone for "prosecution work" that has no experience with RICO prosecutions and at the same time hire two other attorneys that DO have RICO experience to do work that isn't related to a RICO case?

Think about what you're saying here, WW! It doesn't make sense.

What qualifies Wade to try a RICO case? His vast experience with RICO cases? HE HAS NONE!!! So why was he hired to prosecute a former President on a RICO charge?
You didn't hear the judge Dumb Dumb? What qualifies him is having a heartbeat and a bar card. That's all the qualifications one needs. This Dipshit argument where the criminal defendant tells the judge that the prosecutor isn't experienced enough to put him on trial isn't a serious one.

Forum List

Back