Big Mac in Denmark

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
I just had a Big Mac last week, first time in over 10 years, and the price quoted is correct.

That said, the lazy teenagers who work there are barely worth $9.00 an hour

280490901_5401510339871745_7453583769871202990_n.png

I literally can't recall the last time I had a Big Mac. In all honesty I think it was back in high school; late 70's, maybe?

I always like the McDLT, which separated the hot from the cold contents of the burger. It was sold in polystyrene packaging like this:

deliveryService.jpeg

The only down side is that, if you liked melted cheese on your burger, you were shit outta' luck.

I remember it was only around two bucks...

I just had a Big Mac last week, first time in over 10 years, and the price quoted is correct.

That's right. And in Denmark you also pay 90% of your income in taxes.
Last time I went through a drive through, they said, they couldn't even organize the food so that my stuff was in one bag and the rest for a friend in another-- too complicated for them.

So how much do they pay in taxes?

Someone making $9/hr as the OP claimed would pay an adjusted Federal income tax rate of about 6% in the US:

In Denmark, it's 27%, not including state and local taxes:

The people responsible for these shouldn't be getting $9 an hour, they should be getting fired:

1490132879-gywnn.jpg

This-Instagram-account-features-the-worst-McDonalds-hamburgers-6193a7c358cbc__700.jpg

mcdonalds-food-fails-mcsenget-instagram-1.jpg

561e79db9dd7cc03308b66bb

wl35q3hj8n541.jpg

This-Instagram-account-features-the-worst-McDonalds-hamburgers-6193a7afe8c71__700.jpg

And let's not forget how often they simply fuck up the orders. I ordered a Quarter Pounder with cheese once at the drive through and received a Filet O' Fish. I parked the truck and walked inside, carrying the entire order I was given and my receipt, which clearly showed a Quarter Pounder with cheese. I asked to speak to speak to the manager who, despite being a remarkable pleasant young woman, was also monumentally stupid. She asked "Are you sure you didn't order the Filet O' Fish?"

I kinda' let her have it. How could that even be a reasonable question?

She got a Quarter Pounder with cheese and placed it in the bag with my fries. It was then that I told her I wanted a fresh order of fries, as I had to be in the restaurant dealing with her and her stupid questions instead of enjoying my fries as I was screaming down I-95.

Before I left the restaurant I looked at the manage and told her that she was supposed to be setting the example for the workers there, whose average age was probably 19.

She set a poor example, and I made sure her workers were aware of that...

View attachment 642384
It is really funny you mention the employees in Denmark. One day I thought I'd eat at the KFC right on Rådhuspladsen. Back then we didn't have KFC in my coutnry. I tried the door but I was too early and it handn't yet opened for the day. I saw some movement as I looked inside through the glass door and what did I see ...? Yep, a young employee was strutting around smoking a cigarette! FORBIDDEN!! He turned white as a ghost when he saw I was looking at him and he dived for cover! I thought of reporting it to the management but I didn't.

Last edited:
The people responsible for these shouldn't be getting $9 an hour, they should be getting fired:

1490132879-gywnn.jpg

This-Instagram-account-features-the-worst-McDonalds-hamburgers-6193a7c358cbc__700.jpg

mcdonalds-food-fails-mcsenget-instagram-1.jpg

561e79db9dd7cc03308b66bb

wl35q3hj8n541.jpg

This-Instagram-account-features-the-worst-McDonalds-hamburgers-6193a7afe8c71__700.jpg

And let's not forget how often they simply fuck up the orders. I ordered a Quarter Pounder with cheese once at the drive through and received a Filet O' Fish. I parked the truck and walked inside, carrying the entire order I was given and my receipt, which clearly showed a Quarter Pounder with cheese. I asked to speak to speak to the manager who, despite being a remarkable pleasant young woman, was also monumentally stupid. She asked "Are you sure you didn't order the Filet O' Fish?"

I kinda' let her have it. How could that even be a reasonable question?

She got a Quarter Pounder with cheese and placed it in the bag with my fries. It was then that I told her I wanted a fresh order of fries, as I had to be in the restaurant dealing with her and her stupid questions instead of enjoying my fries as I was screaming down I-95.

Before I left the restaurant I looked at the manage and told her that she was supposed to be setting the example for the workers there, whose average age was probably 19.

She set a poor example, and I made sure her workers were aware of that...
That's disgusting.

I literally can't recall the last time I had a Big Mac. In all honesty I think it was back in high school; late 70's, maybe?

I always like the McDLT, which separated the hot from the cold contents of the burger. It was sold in polystyrene packaging like this:

deliveryService.jpeg

The only down side is that, if you liked melted cheese on your burger, you were shit outta' luck.

I remember it was only around two bucks...
I was born in 1947 and I remember when McDonalds proudly displayed the number of burgers they'd sold. That was about early 1960s and I distinclty remember it being 1 million! They had to change it over the years and now of course they don't do it any more.

I got a job at a factory, since I thought a McDonalds job was beneath me. I'll be getting $18.75 an hour, with all kinds of benefits. Vacation could be better, but I'm not complaining. The only spot I want to go vacation at, is only two hours away.

Good for you.

You say "I'll be getting...", so is it safe to assume that you've not started yet and that's your starting hourly wage? Vacation is nice, but benefits is what you should be looking at if you're just entering the job market.

Mind if I ask your age?

I only liked the McDonald fish burgers and fries but haven't been to one in years.
The only fast food place I'll go to nowadays is Chick-fil-A

Chick-Fil-A has a great grilled chicken sandwich. I remember the first time I saw the drive-thru line. I was flabbergasted. They've got that shit down to a science, though, and they keep that line moving...

I was born in 1947 and I remember when McDonalds proudly displayed the number of burgers they'd sold. That was about early 1960s and I distinclty remember it being 1 million! They had to change it over the years and now of course they don't do it any more.

Now they just proclaim "BILLIONS AND BILLIONS SERVED"...

I got a job at a factory, since I thought a McDonalds job was beneath me. I'll be getting $18.75 an hour, with all kinds of benefits. Vacation could be better, but I'm not complaining. The only spot I want to go vacation at, is only two hours away.

I've never worked a min wage job in my life.
I used the talents I honed as a kid while racing BMX. I of course knew how to tear down a bike and rebuild it.
Went to my local bicycle shop and got a job.
Easy peasy.
Kids nowadays dont know shit about anything other than video games.
Hell,the vast majority couldnt perform an oil change or change a flat tire if their life depended on it.

Forum List

Back