Big Day Today

Stupid statement!

Offhand, I own one of these...though mine is yellow.
Helix.jpg

And next year, I hope to buy one of these:
Burgman400.jpg

Does that come with air-conditioning?

What is that ?

Stupid statement!

Offhand, I own one of these...though mine is yellow.
Helix.jpg

And next year, I hope to buy one of these:
Burgman400.jpg

Does that come with air-conditioning?

What is that ?

It's a process where you remove moisture from the air and lower the air temperature through Sub-cooling and Super-heating depending on whether it's the condensing phase or the evaporation phase using HFC-134a, better known as Hydrofluorocarbons.

We are back.

My daughter came with....and while we were on our way to the Scion dealer, she reminded her brother that I always say that it is better to buy a used car. She's right.....I do.

I have a softball friend who manages a BMW dealership. I called him to see what he had in the 20-25k range in a certified pre-owned. He said he had a nice 2011 328i with just over 40,000 miles that we could get for $26,700.

We went to look at it. Drove it and liked it. Got him down to $23,500 plus $3700 for trade on the Hyundai.

My son is now the proud owner of a BMW..........with a year left on the factory warranty and until late 2016 on the Certified Pre-owned Warranty.

Nice car! He drives less than 8,000 miles per year so he should be good to go for another decade without too much trouble.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

We are back.

My daughter came with....and while we were on our way to the Scion dealer, she reminded her brother that I always say that it is better to buy a used car. She's right.....I do.

I have a softball friend who manages a BMW dealership. I called him to see what he had in the 20-25k range in a certified pre-owned. He said he had a nice 2011 328i with just over 40,000 miles that we could get for $26,700.

We went to look at it. Drove it and liked it. Got him down to $23,500 plus $3700 for trade on the Hyundai.

My son is now the proud owner of a BMW..........with a year left on the factory warranty and until late 2016 on the Certified Pre-owned Warranty.

Nice car! He drives less than 8,000 miles per year so he should be good to go for another decade without too much trouble.

I wouldn't have hoped for a BMW.

I owned one in Germany. Loved that car.

We are back.

Nice car, safe too. :thup:

for money spent (in terms of reliability, handling, features and comfort), been my experience that nothing beats a 10-12-year-old manual-transmission Subaru with 150-175K miles on it...

particularly the one- or two-owner cars...

such cars have usually been babied... and they're practically bulletproof...

and you can probably find one for under $5000...

just need to know from the seller when the timing belt will need to be replaced...

I am going with my 25 year old son as he buys his first new car today. He's narrowed his choice down to three models. A Scion tC, a Kia Forte or a Hyundai Elantra. I tried to get him to look at the Camaro and the Charger.....but he said he wanted something sporty but more "sensible" with really high gas mileage. Kids!

Anyone with any info on any of those cars?

I still love Consumer Reports:

New car reviews and buying advice from Consumer Reports

We are back.

Nice.

We are back.

Nice.

Yes...it is. The car I owned when I was 25 required shoelaces.

He's been really good with his money...so he got financed at 1.9%. I looked at ten year old BMW's with under 100,000 miles. They retain value well. I am guessing he'll get 8-10 grand for the trade in when he is ready to buy again.

We are back.

Nice.

Yes...it is. The car I owned when I was 25 required shoelaces.

He's been really good with his money...so he got financed at 1.9%. I looked at ten year old BMW's with under 100,000 miles. They retain value well. I am guessing he'll get 8-10 grand for the trade in when he is ready to buy again.

Sold my 8 year old Mini Cooper for 50% of what I paid for it. Quality lasts and BMW's are quality vehicles.

Forum List

Back