Bierocks, runza?

blessing and/or curse depending on how one looks at it. With all the moving I got to see lots of great places and experience some different cultures but since we moved a lot during my formative years I never learned (until MUCH later) to develop lasting relationships and even then.........

Exactly what my wife says/ feels.

blessing and/or curse depending on how one looks at it. With all the moving I got to see lots of great places and experience some different cultures but since we moved a lot during my formative years I never learned (until MUCH later) to develop lasting relationships and even then.........

Understand. I read this stuff to the wife. You'd like her, Trying to get her join usmb.

Think on this. I lived grew up Waterford CT, Grad. What did I see? Bunch retards, glad I left!!!!

Once I did, left, never looked back. Think I would have enjoyed the different places. But tit for tat I guess I dunno

Not surprised though some deal with it better than others. One day you may look back and realize that though you may have "escaped" your roots you may desire to return. The good thing about that is you have those roots, people like your wife and I don't, we're nomads lost in the world without roots, no place that our souls call home, true loners trying to cope the best we can. Doesn't mean she doesn't love you or that I don't love my wife its just that often we feel disconnected, adrift within ourselves. Yeah our current home is where we live, where we hang our hats but down deep it still feels temporary so we never fully sink those roots too deep, we don't know how.

Last edited:

Not surprised though some deal with it better than others. One day you may look back and realize that though you may have "escaped" your roots you may desire to return. The good thing about that is you have those roots, people like your wife and I don't, we're nomads lost in the world without roots, no place that our souls call home, true loners trying to cope the best we can. Doesn't mean she doesn't love you or that I don't love my wife its just that often we feel disconnected, adrift within ourselves. Yeah our current home is where we live, where we hang our hats but down deep it still feels temporary so we never fully sink those roots too deep, we don't know how.
Don't get me wrong, what I wrote above doesn't mean that we haven't developed huge positives within ourselves. We tend to make great human chameleons, we can blend in almost anywhere, we can stand isolation much better than most and tend to have a more worldly outlook than those with deep roots just to name a few positives.

I wouldn't go back there to take a shit. Sorry. Yeah some is pretty, miss some like the beach. But really was glad to leave. I joined the service during Nam just to get away.

OK hear you on the roots, home. I do. All relatives gone, property gone, memories gone bad. I hear you Bro but got such bad mems. I have been back, seen old buddies etc.

Dad did 20 at sea, old diesel/electrics. Joined 43. He would not float a desk in New London/Groton. All 20 on a boat. Loved the sea. Volunteer on the sail when surfaced to have a camel and think. Kinda like him, good Old man. Hero

me wrong, what I wrote above doesn't mean that we haven't developed huge positives within ourselves. We tend to make great human chameleons, we can blend in almost anywhere, we can stand isolation much better than most and tend to have a more worldly outlook than those with deep roots just to name a few positives.

Not getting you wrong, appreciate what you said, time to post it. Really. Thank you. I'm lost but back there is not the answer. Yes I isolated. My emails, name 50 years been "hermit" Working?

No. Great wife, known her since 72, married 5. Farm, vette, all I need, bucks. But not happy. Least once a day, or way more tell people I want to die? I don't think being back in CT would help. Know it wouldn't.

But thank you. Pm me if you like. Visit is OK too. Wife makes kick ass cookies!!!!

Forum List

Back