Bierocks, runza?

Shawnee_b

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2019
South Central KY
Anyone made them? Been craving. Got everything, 2 acres mowed (froze)

Let you know later. You got input, ideas, recips please post.

I'm the cook, wife the eater/critic. Hard too. Rather deal with Hells Kitchen dude.

A staple in the Upper Peninsula. Sorta similar:

Don't remember any of those but then again the vast majority of my Yooper relations are of Flemish origin. And I only lived there on and off for a couple of years.........
Up around Munising/Pictured Rock area they're everywhere.
Born in Escanaba, most of my relations are in Gladstone.

I'd clean them out too! Gonna do a classy MH soon.

"indian" (india) place in Boeling green has these similar things, very good.

They always come shake my hand and thank me for visiting there store. Great people. Outside? not so great people, bad area.

Don't remember any of those but then again the vast majority of my Yooper relations are of Flemish origin. And I only lived there on and off for a couple of years.........
A good friend retired up in Beaulah (sp)? Gorgeous country.

I have no idea where that's at. :dunno:

Anyone made them? Been craving. Got everything, 2 acres mowed (froze)

Let you know later. You got input, ideas, recips please post.

I'm the cook, wife the eater/critic. Hard too. Rather deal with Hells Kitchen dude.
Sounds strangely like a Welsh pastie. There were a lot of Welsh miners here during the gold rush days so there are still Pastie shops around locally. I know of two of them off the top of my head.
They were popular with the miners because it was easy to eat them with dirty hands and keep the dirt out of your food.

North of Travers City

North of Travers City
Without looking at a map I have no idea. Last time I was back up there was late 70s.

I have no clue, was born there but only spent a couple of years combined total growing up in Gladstone. Military brat, started kindergarten in Guam graduated HS in Taiwan.

Wife a military brat. lived everywhere. She tells me these places. She is bummed kinda never really grew up some were steady but what cool places!!!

Dad was ww2 sub sailor, engineman, 20 years but we never moved. He WOULD not float a desk, loved the boats. Killed him but dies happy. Engineman in asbestos 20 years? Yah Good ole man. Joined 1943 qt 15 years old. His bro too.

Sounds strangely like a Welsh pastie. There were a lot of Welsh miners here during the gold rush days so there are still Pastie shops around locally. I know of two of them off the top of my head.
They were popular with the miners because it was easy to eat them with dirty hands and keep the dirt out of your food.

Pastie, isnt that what hooures put on their tits? Like Graduate? :)

I have no clue, was born there but only spent a couple of years combined total growing up in Gladstone. Military brat, started kindergarten in Guam graduated HS in Taiwan.

Wife a military brat. lived everywhere. She tells me these places. She is bummed kinda never really grew up some were steady but what cool places!!!

Dad was ww2 sub sailor, engineman, 20 years but we never moved. He WOULD not float a desk, loved the boats. Killed him but dies happy. Engineman in asbestos 20 years? Yah Good ole man. Joined 1943 qt 15 years old. His bro too.
It's a mixed blessing and/or curse depending on how one looks at it. With all the moving I got to see lots of great places and experience some different cultures but since we moved a lot during my formative years I never learned (until MUCH later) to develop lasting relationships and even then.........

Forum List

Back