Biden's regime must be held accountable for this outrage.

Blaze News investigative writer Steve Baker — who's been reporting on January 6 — handcuffed, charged​

Blaze News investigative journalist Steve Baker — who for years has been searching for the truth about Jan. 6, 2021, and believes the U.S. government has been targeting him for it — on Friday was charged with four misdemeanors related to his Jan. 6 coverage at the U.S. Capitol after turning himself in to the FBI in Dallas.

The charges are:

• Knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority
  • Disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds
  • Disorderly conduct in a capitol building
  • Parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a capitol building
Baker learned of the charges for the first time Friday and earlier this week told Blaze News that the powers that be wouldn't tell his attorney about the charges because they believed Baker will post them on social media.
Glenn Beck, co-founder of Blaze Media, wrote in a Friday morning op-ed that Baker's First Amendment battle is ours, too: "When the United States government can come after individuals, that's when you know our republic is crumbling. I've always said that if they can go after Donald Trump, they will go after people like you and me. And now they are. But Steve Baker is not deterred, and neither are we."
Attorneys representing Baker in January told Blaze News that the Justice Department might be orchestrating a "retaliation" against Baker over his Jan. 6 reporting.

"Steve’s actions on January 6 have been known to the Department of Justice for 3 years," Baker's attorneys said in a January news release. "But it is only now — after Steve has broken two major stories greatly embarrassing to the DOJ — that he is possibly being targeted for arrest and possibly felony prosecution. Any action taken to put him in handcuffs, hold him in custody, and have him transported to court by federal law enforcement will be nothing other than retaliation for his recent reporting."

Baker discussed his legal saga in a pair of October commentary pieces for Blaze News (here and here), detailing the ins and outs of the federal investigation he's been under following his independent journalistic work on Jan. 6, which began before he joined Blaze News.
Baker's first Jan. 6 analysis for Blaze News came last October following countless hours in a House subcommittee office looking at frame after frame of Jan. 6 closed-circuit video — and it had him wondering: did Capitol Police Special Agent David Lazarus perjure himself in the Oath Keepers trial?

Soon after, the slow pace of getting an unrestricted look at everything recorded on video prompted Blaze Media editor in chief Matthew Peterson's appeal to House Speaker Mike Johnson to release all the videos. On Nov. 17, Johnson did just that.

Baker's investigative efforts also resulted in two additional analyses, both focusing on Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn: "January 6 and the N-word that wasn't" and "Harry Dunn's account of January 6 does not add up. At all."

In December, Baker alleged that he uncovered major irregularities involving Dunn, the Capitol Police, the press, and U.S. Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Maryland).

In January, Baker asserted that newly released U.S. Capitol closed-circuit TV video clips from Jan. 6 show Lazarus gave false testimony in the Oath Keepers trial.

Blaze News' Steve Baker released from courthouse after arrest over his Jan. 6 reporting — and notables have been reacting​

Numerous X=Twitter comments pages in this one.​

The outrageous arrest of Steve Baker must not be tolerated.

Breanna; Steve has @ least three very competent/experienced attorneys that SPECIALIZE in defending 1st amendment free speech. Our American constituencies 1st amendment to our U.S. Constitution(contract)AUTOMATICALLY makes ALL PROPERLY VETTED Americans INVESTIGATVE JOURNALISTS BY DEFAULT. If it happens in/on non posted public property then there exist no MANDATORY special clearance credentials, nor does a PROPERLY VETTED U.S. citizen have to belong to any body or SO CALLED certified/credentialed body of journalism' Things to remember;

1) ALL levels of government exist ONLY to protect & SERVE their Masters which are the American constituency. There remains no other need for government.

2) Government cannot own any PUBLIC property for ALL PUBLIC property is owned by PROPERLY VETTED, tax paying Americans that form the American constituency.

I am SURE that Steve's attorneys are quite aware of the above mentioned & will be enlightening our less than worthless federal bureaucratic servants about their "servant status".

Unfortunately, since the old Yahoo Answers fired me for supporting the little grade school tykes that the muslim terrorists slaughtered I no longer frequent the social media sites, so will not be able to follow you & your site. I am online frequently with USMB & U can find me here anytime. If U are into deer/goats ESPECIALLY FAWNS/KIDS I possess a bevy of vids that may make your day. Take care, till next time!

Forum List

Back