Biden's Inflation Hits The Gun Market

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Looks like the usual "Summer Doldrums" in the gun market has hit a few months early.....Shops are laying-off or reducing the hours of employees.....Distributors are sitting on inventory.

Inflation has hit disposable income to the point where that money is now needed to fill-up or spend at the grocery store.

Ammo is still priced stupid so people shoot less. I was tickled to death the other day to get 400 rounds of 5.56 for .25 cents a round.

About the only thing moving at a steady clip are mil-surps, lever actions, and Colt/S&W revolvers.

Looks like the usual "Summer Doldrums" in the gun market has hit a few months early.....Shops are laying-off or reducing the hours of employees.....Distributors are sitting on inventory.

Inflation has hit disposable income to the point where that money is now needed to fill-up or spend at the grocery store.

Ammo is still priced stupid so people shoot less. I was tickled to death the other day to get 400 rounds of 5.56 for .25 cents a round.

About the only thing moving at a steady clip are mil-surps, lever actions, and Colt/S&W revolvers.
Where did you find your ammo if you don't mind me asking? Local or online? .25 is a great price these days

Where did you find your ammo if you don't mind me asking? Local or online? .25 is a great price these days
Local pawn shop from a "walk-in" while I was there.....The owner doubled his money so he was happy.

It was all 70s vintage Lake City M193. That works out fine for me as I have a Daewoo to feed. ;)

k-2.jpg

Local pawn shop from a "walk-in" while I was there.....The owner doubled his money so he was happy.

It was all 70s vintage Lake City M193. That works out fine for me as I have a Daewoo to feed. ;)

View attachment 639303
Nice! I stock up whenever I can find good deals. I know what's coming soon & ammo/guns will just become more valuable when SHTF

Nice! I stock up whenever I can find good deals. I know what's coming soon & ammo/guns will just become more valuable when SHTF

Personally I just bit the bullet,no pun intended, and assed up the money for 6k rounds of 5.56 of various types including 1k of green tips.
Also picked up 4k rounds of 10mm. and 10mm. Magnum.
While it was expensive it was at a lower price than it had been. Buying in bulk also helped.
4BD399B6-C924-4B97-95FE-B7345C11C31F.jpeg
6511F34E-D545-4813-81FA-8C870C80F41B.jpeg

The pic below is the ammo options for my new S&W 610-3 10mm. after having the cylinder bored to accept 10mm. Magnum which is the equivalent of the .41 Magnum. It'll shoot .40 10mm. and 10mm. Magnum.
49E54582-54BA-4BAB-B068-96BA2BDDB867.jpeg

The S&W 610-3 in 10mm.
7F561C30-4036-4BA6-A152-B3FFACBF7188.jpeg

Last edited:
Personally I just bit the bullet,no pun intended, and assed up the money for 6k rounds of 5.56 of various types including 1k of green tips.
Also picked up 4k rounds of 10mm. and 10mm. Magnum.
While it was expensive it was at a lower price than it had been. Buying in bulk also helped.View attachment 639599View attachment 639600
The pic below is the ammo options for my new S&W 610-3 10mm. after having the cylinder bored to accept 10mm. Magnum which is the equivalent of the .41 Magnum. It'll shoot .40 10mm. and 10mm. Magnum.
View attachment 639601

The S&W 610-3 in 10mm.
View attachment 639603
Dude, that's impressive! I'm glad to see others stocking up because bad times 'r a comin".
I used to have a S&W .41 Mag but I traded it in years ago. Looked very Dirty Harry-ish, just slightly smaller. It was just too much for me personally.
Cool you customized your pistol. I know some .357 are good for .410 shotgun as well as .38 but never tried one.
I prefer the accuracy & availability of a few standard rounds now that might be more available when SHTF.
I love the pile of ammo. I've been building up for a number of years myself & have been trying to stick with 9MM, 12 Ga,, .223/5.56, 30-06. I have some others but these are all kinda standard military calibers that might still be available if manufacturing is stopped.
I'm going to be looking at shotguns with extended capacity magazine.
Maybe the Kel Tec KSG 12 Ga with dual extended mags. 25 mini round capacity or 13 reg rounds.
Keep it up bro! It's not like they will lose value even if you (hopefully) never need them

Dude, that's impressive! I'm glad to see others stocking up because bad times 'r a comin".
I used to have a S&W .41 Mag but I traded it in years ago. Looked very Dirty Harry-ish, just slightly smaller. It was just too much for me personally.
Cool you customized your pistol. I know some .357 are good for .410 shotgun as well as .38 but never tried one.
I prefer the accuracy & availability of a few standard rounds now that might be more available when SHTF.
I love the pile of ammo. I've been building up for a number of years myself & have been trying to stick with 9MM, 12 Ga,, .223/5.56, 30-06. I have some others but these are all kinda standard military calibers that might still be available if manufacturing is stopped.
I'm going to be looking at shotguns with extended capacity magazine.
Maybe the Kel Tec KSG 12 Ga with dual extended mags. 25 mini round capacity or 13 reg rounds.
Keep it up bro! It's not like they will lose value even if you (hopefully) never need them

These are my main home protection guns....
I forgot to mention the 4k rounds of .45
The Wife prefers Her 870 Wingmaster cut down to just above legal length that Her father gave Her when She moved to Houston for work. And She knows how to use it. She told me shortly after we started dating that She could shoot a beer can in the air from the hip. Of course I had my doubts. Took Her to a buddies place in the boonies and and started tossing beer cans,She missed the first two so obviously I started thinking she was full of shit. She then proceeded to hit five in a row.
At that point I knew I was going to Marry Her.
D41D18B9-B9B5-4237-BAC4-A6B77F824FC0_1_201_a.jpeg

0314AF4F-82BA-4533-9189-B94DBFA026D3.jpeg

These are my main home protection guns....
I forgot to mention the 4k rounds of .45
The Wife prefers Her 870 Wingmaster cut down to just above legal length that Her father gave Her when She moved to Houston for work. And She knows how to use it. She told me shortly after we started dating that She could shoot a beer can in the air from the hip. Of course I had my doubts. Took Her to a buddies place in the boonies and and started tossing beer cans,She missed the first two so obviously I started thinking she was full of shit. She then proceeded to hit five in a row.
At that point I knew I was going to Marry Her.
View attachment 639636

View attachment 639639
Love it! My daughter is getting married soon herself to a good Christian & conservative man. He even asked permission before asking for her hand in marriage.
She & my son are down in the Dallas area now. I want them back on the ranch but respect their decisions. I was the same when younger

Love it! My daughter is getting married soon herself to a good Christian & conservative man. He even asked permission before asking for her hand in marriage.
She & my son are down in the Dallas area now. I want them back on the ranch but respect their decisions. I was the same when younger

Yeah..I did the same when I decided to ask for my Wife's hand.
She was adopted and her parents lived through the great depression so I I knew it would go over well if I asked him for permission.
She had divorced Her ex at 21. He was a cop in Houston and he was a Wife abuser.
My new father and law loved me because I knew what I was doing when it came to tools and home repair. The Wife's ex tried to hang a ceiling fan through sheetrock and of course it came down in short order.
The bad part was when we went to visit the inlaws in Bedias Tx he'd put me to work doing the things he could no longer do.
While he was a really cool old man I got to the point that I resented him for putting me to work after I'd worked a sixty hour week.

Forum List

Back