Biden's executive order on project labor agreements a 'lose-lose' policy: Construction industry insider

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021
So the result of this executive order is it's going to steer contracts to unionized contractors and union labor at the expense of taxpayers. And we know that project labor agreements increase the cost of construction between 12 percent and 20 percent. So that means we'll get fewer roads, schools, bridges and utilities that were funded through the infrastructure bill or earlier this year. So this is a real lose-lose policy for taxpayers and the construction industry.

Democrats for decades have always increased the costs to do business and reduced competition, all the way back to FDR. OG

So the result of this executive order is it's going to steer contracts to unionized contractors and union labor at the expense of taxpayers. And we know that project labor agreements increase the cost of construction between 12 percent and 20 percent. So that means we'll get fewer roads, schools, bridges and utilities that were funded through the infrastructure bill or earlier this year. So this is a real lose-lose policy for taxpayers and the construction industry.

Democrats for decades have always increased the costs to do business and reduced competition, all the way back to FDR. OG

Republican dedication to lowering wages for the working class is a fascinating phenomenon

non union workers make more, I make more now than I ever did working for a union. Unions are almost criminal these days
Congratulations. Meanwhile employers have more power than ever over workers and the middle class becomes a distant memory.

Congratulations. Meanwhile employers have more power than ever over workers and the middle class becomes a distant memory.
Haha... that has nothing to do with Unions.
Unions do nothing for the people that pay into them... well... except teacher unions.
It is not 1960 anymore.
The cause of the evaporating middle class... maybe... and this would be stretching it... the slow death of unions may contribute 5% of the problem. At best. In fact, unions have done more to encourage outsourcing than "save the middle class"

Haha... that has nothing to do with Unions.
Unions do nothing for the people that pay into them... well... except teacher unions.
It is not 1960 anymore.
The cause of the evaporating middle class... maybe... and this would be stretching it... the slow death of unions may contribute 5% of the problem. At best. In fact, unions have done more to encourage outsourcing than "save the middle class"
Trickle down economics destroyed the middle class for generations. There has been a total war against labor in favor of massive profits for 40 years now. Home ownership is an impossibility for the majority of the younger generations thanks to it.

Trickle down economics destroyed the middle class for generations. There has been a total war against labor in favor of massive profits for 40 years now. Home ownership is an impossibility for the majority of the younger generations thanks to it.
Trickle down economics... you do know Obama engaged in more trickle down economics than all the previous Presidents combined. Reagan would have been embarrassed.
You are only scratching the surface for what is killing America as we knew it. There is an entire system involved. And you can bet your ass both parties are equally at fault. Which neither side, especially the Democrats, are willing to blame their own party. So it just keeps right on happening.
Also... Covid was an amazing boost for the rich. Amazing windfall thanks to the shutdowns and restrictions.
Local retail business... YOU ARE SHUTDOWN!!!..... NOW!!! Walmart?... yeah no problem you can stay open.
Local appliance stores... SHUT YOUR DOORS NOW!!.... but Lowes/Home Depot.... yeah no problem.

Trickle down economics... you do know Obama engaged in more trickle down economics than all the previous
Who cares? Fuck them all and end that bullshit. Pray that corporations haven't fully bought this country yet and we can reverse course.

Who cares? Fuck them all and end that bullshit. Pray that corporations haven't fully bought this country yet and we can reverse course.
They already own it. That boat sailed.
Take for instance China.
China is one of the largest owners of retail property in the United States.
And now they have even moved to byuing farmland. Currently they own 198,000 acres of farmland.
They also own many-many-many more businesses than most people could fathom. Many well known companies based in the U.S. that everyone thinks is owned by someone in America, in fact is owned by an unknown parent company that is owned by China.
China even owns a lot of residential homes here. Since 2010 China has purchased 319,500 residential properties.
And then of course, China owns almost 17% of America's total debt.

And the Washington Democrats and Republicans have done exactly fuck all to stop it.

false, no one should be paid 6 figures for showing up and being able to fog a water glass, anyone can do that. Unions create more waste in every production facility. Unions can be defined as manufacturing welfare recipients, getting huge dollars for little skill is not the definition of a working middle class

So workers getting paid decently is a bad thing and seeing them get higher wages is bad. Got it. Lol

The more laborers that make six figures the better off their employer is.
WOW!!!
All this time all I had to do to make more money was to pay employees $100,000 a year??
So... is there a money tree I need to go to to make this happen? Or a pot of gold I should know about?
This is very interesting. So other businesses will have no problem paying double for the same product... I can just tell them I pay the employees $100,000 each and they will just say - "OH!... well here's the money!!"

This is awesome. Gosh... I have been doing this since the late 1980s... if only I knew about this before!!

The more laborers that make six figures the better off their employer is.
yeah that is what the Goodyear union thought and plant after plant started closing. Unions have no logical or reasoning skills, most monkeys are smart than a collective union.

initforme - do you have the routing# for the money tree account where this $100,000 per employee comes from??
My payroll is deducted from the companies checking account automatically... obviously there is not enough there to cover several $million in payroll... so what routing# do I tell my accountant to get the money from.

I need to know ASAP... we have a payroll withdraw on the 25th (Monday)... I am so excited to tell my workers they are getting a HUGE raise!!

Wahoo!

Forum List

Back