Biden Will Pick Klobuchar

Many people (including me) feel that Mr. Biden has no choice but to choose either Ms. Harris or Ms. Abrams.

If he chooses a female from the current majority ethnicity, some (many?) people of a certain vital Democratic constituency may choose to stay home on election day, even if it means that the incumbent president is reelected.

That certain vital constituency may be sick and tired of being taken for granted and decide to show its muscle by staying home.

Creepy Joe has to please the party, the media, blacks, and ultimately the American people with this VP pick. None of these women can please all four....he's screwed.

Klobuchar would be the safe choice and probably the best choice among the women.

Though he should take a serious look at Nevada Senator Catherine Cortez-Masto.

My money would be on Klobuchar.

What group does Klobuchar solidify for Biden?
We want some safety, some warm milk before bed. Bringing in Harris or Warren would be downright alarming to a lot of us.

I'm not really a fan. But Stacy Abrams is the only one I'm really negative on, and that's just because she chose to put her interest in the VP slot over running for a winnable Senate seat in Ga.

Harris is a veritable campaign cash machine from Ca. And she's used to the big stage. Although I just don't see her reason to be in politics besides the love of power all pols have.

But Biden's vp has to have a lot of energy to make for Analog Joe's lack of it. And Klobachar doesn't really radiate like a nuclear reactor.
We've had enough "radiating like a nuclear reactor" for a while, thank you.

Just from an electability point of view, Klobuchar would be fine. Probably the best choice. She’s got experience, comes from the Roosevelt and Farmer/Labor tradition of the party, will bring in women who will figure she’s our next president, and she can win votes in swing states like nobody else. She’ll look tougher and smarter on trade and China than Trump/Pence. Above all she will come off as decent, hardworking, competent.

As for black voters, soon after the election cycle begins, with Obama beside him, somebody will ask Biden who he will nominate for a Supreme Court vacancy ... and he will smile at his old friend. If the Democrats are smart they will publically announce that Senator Warren will head an “economic post-Covid recovery” commission to overhaul taxation and corporate governance. If they handle themselves well and Trump is faltering, they won’t even have to debate Trump. Maybe seize on some insult. Biden is right to keep a low profile right now. Trump can still win, of course, but the Dems have a shot at it ... even with a dull and semi-senile Biden at the head of the ticket.

Like Biden, Klobuchar supports codifying Roe but crucially supports late-term abortion restrictions. Klobuchar's rhetoric about abortion is moderate, at least in the scope of the current extremism in the Democrat Party. She celebrated a reduction in the abortion rate and declared that pro-life Democrats are still welcome in the party

Though he should take a serious look at Nevada Senator Catherine Cortez-Masto.

I live in Nevada and I can't tell you a single Cortez-Masto has done in the last three years since she got elected to the Senate. She isn't even visible in the state.

I'm not really a fan. But Stacy Abrams is the only one I'm really negative on, and that's just because she chose to put her interest in the VP slot over running for a winnable Senate seat in Ga.

Harris is a veritable campaign cash machine from Ca. And she's used to the big stage. Although I just don't see her reason to be in politics besides the love of power all pols have.

But Biden's vp has to have a lot of energy to make for Analog Joe's lack of it. And Klobachar doesn't really radiate like a nuclear reactor.
We've had enough "radiating like a nuclear reactor" for a while, thank you.
Good point. I was thinking more like TR as the VP on McKinley's campaign, or even Elanor Roosevelt, who would have made a great potus

Kobushar is being vetted but so is Whitmer. If he picks a white woman he can kiss the black vote goodbye. Blacks do not like white women in any event.

Just from an electability point of view, Klobuchar would be fine. Probably the best choice. She’s got experience, comes from the Roosevelt and Farmer/Labor tradition of the party, will bring in women who will figure she’s our next president, and she can win votes in swing states like nobody else. She’ll look tougher and smarter on trade and China than Trump/Pence. Above all she will come off as decent, hardworking, competent.

As for black voters, soon after the election cycle begins, with Obama beside him, somebody will ask Biden who he will nominate for a Supreme Court vacancy ... and he will smile at his old friend. If the Democrats are smart they will publically announce that Senator Warren will head an “economic post-Covid recovery” commission to overhaul taxation and corporate governance. If they handle themselves well and Trump is faltering, they won’t even have to debate Trump. Maybe seize on some insult. Biden is right to keep a low profile right now. Trump can still win, of course, but the Dems have a shot at it ... even with a dull and semi-senile Biden at the head of the ticket.

Barack Obama is not going to end up on the Supreme Court. The assertion is so ridiculous.

I disagree. Warren is more likely. Klobuchar earns him no demographic that he doesn’t already have.

Abrams is also more likely.

Warren is very unlikable and Abrams is an inexperienced lunatic. You really think people are going to think to themselves that Stacey Abrams is a suitable alternative to sit in the Oval Office if something happens to Biden? I mean, really?

Barack Obama is not going to end up on the Supreme Court. The assertion is so ridiculous.

Is it? I think he would make a fine Supreme Court Justice ...

Last edited:
It doesn't matter who the VP candidates will be....

This election will be 'boring as shit' vs. 'Narcissitic lunatic'

I'd say that 'boring as shit' would win, but most of his supporters will probably fall asleep instead of voting.

I agree that she's a safe pick. She's not the kind of person that is going to energize people to vote for Biden.

They're banking on looking like boring but adequate adults compared to the Trump dumpster-fire administration.
She's good pick
Most people are going to be voting against Trump. 2016 in reverse.

Frankly, i don't think it makes a lot of difference. Voting will be pro-Trump or anti-Trump.

This has been my feeling for the past couple of months and an article came out yesterday that she is now officially being vetted. Klobuchar is a safe pick. She's from the midwest and has that folksy charm (although there have been reports from former staffers she's anything but in private). She also doesn't have the baggage of women like Stacey Abrams, Kamala Harris, or Gretchen Whitmer. Also, given Biden's age, there is a fair chance he wouldn't make it through his first term, so it's really almost like there are two Democrats running for president on that ticket this year.

What baggage?
Can't be any worse than either Trump's or Biden's.
I'm rooting for Whitmer.
She's a strong woman who won't relent to a handful of gun-toting, tobacco-chewing rednecks.
She's trying to protect her citizen's health while also dealing with a massive 500-year flood event.
She's being tried by fire and will come out a winner.

Forum List

Back