Biden VP list narrows down to six serious contenders

As few as six serious contenders are entering a second round of vetting to become a potential vice presidential nominee.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Joe Biden’s search for a running mate is entering a second round of vetting for a dwindling list of potential vice presidential nominees, with several Black women in strong contention.

Elizabeth Warren
Kamala Harris
Susan Rice
Val Demings
Keisha Lance Bottoms
Michelle Lujan Grisham

One contender whose standing does appear to have fallen is Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, who was a prosecutor years ago in the county that includes Minneapolis. During that period, more than two dozen people — mostly minorities — died during encounters with police.

While the people with knowledge of Biden’s vetting process did not rule Klobuchar out, she is widely viewed among Democrats with close ties to the Biden campaign as less likely to be tapped given recent events.

Biden has several qualified and talented women to choose from. What do you think?

Why isn't Stacy Abrams on the short list? She could easily deliver Georgia assuming of course that Crooked Kemp doesn't go wild purging half a million voters from minority districts a week before the election again.

My thoughts:

Warren - Nope .. TOO progressive, too divisive, and too easy for Trump
Klobuchar - Nope, various problems, mostly being white .. Black females (the most reliable voting contingency in the country) will be pissed
Kamala - Like her but we don't need anyone to deliver California
Susan Rice - Too divisive due to her Benghazi testimony
Bottoms - Smart, tough, also could deliver Georgia
Grisham - Strong contender .. Brings Hispanics out in droves but Biden is up in NM by 8.1 point in the RCPA

That leaves my top pick assuming she vets well - Val Demings who almost certainly delivers Florida, and 29 electoral votes.

Abrams is too easy a target to attack in the media.
Val Demings would be harder to hit.

As few as six serious contenders are entering a second round of vetting to become a potential vice presidential nominee.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Joe Biden’s search for a running mate is entering a second round of vetting for a dwindling list of potential vice presidential nominees, with several Black women in strong contention.

Elizabeth Warren
Kamala Harris
Susan Rice
Val Demings
Keisha Lance Bottoms
Michelle Lujan Grisham

One contender whose standing does appear to have fallen is Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, who was a prosecutor years ago in the county that includes Minneapolis. During that period, more than two dozen people — mostly minorities — died during encounters with police.

While the people with knowledge of Biden’s vetting process did not rule Klobuchar out, she is widely viewed among Democrats with close ties to the Biden campaign as less likely to be tapped given recent events.

Biden has several qualified and talented women to choose from. What do you think?

Why isn't Stacy Abrams on the short list? She could easily deliver Georgia assuming of course that Crooked Kemp doesn't go wild purging half a million voters from minority districts a week before the election again.

My thoughts:

Klobuchar - Nope, various problems, mostly being white .. Black females (the most reliable voting contingency in the country) will be pissed
Grisham - Strong contender .. Brings Hispanics out in droves but Biden is up in NM by 8.1 point in the RCPA

That leaves my top pick assuming she vets well - Val Demings who almost certainly delivers Florida, and 29 electoral votes.

WHY on Abrams? She's "fat"?
I'm certain Fat Impeached Donnie would go there! ;)

Elizabeth Warren
Kamala Harris
Susan Rice
Val Demings
Keisha Lance Bottoms
Michelle Lujan Grisham

Your link:

"Warren and Biden have forged a surprising bond in recent months and talk regularly about the progressive policy ideas the Massachusetts senator put at the forefront of her campaign.

"Biden already has adopted her proposed bankruptcy law overhaul.

"And now, with the coronavirus pandemic and resulting economic slowdown elevating the nuts-and-bolts of governing, some Democrats see Warren’s policy credentials as an asset to the ticket.

"A Biden-Warren pairing would mean both Democrats on the ticket are white and in their 70s. Biden is 77, and Warren is 70."

Because of his age, some Democrats are floating the idea of Biden serving a single term IF he's elected next November.

Exceptional times make exceptional leader, and there's little doubt we are living in exceptional times.

Imho, Biden is too old and too corporate to change in any major way.

Perhaps Warren could make the necessary changes in 2024?

Elizabeth Warren
Kamala Harris
Susan Rice
Val Demings
Keisha Lance Bottoms
Michelle Lujan Grisham

I wasn't aware that there were any serious contenders left in the democratic party. It looks to me like all that's left are all fools and clowns.

Elizabeth Warren
Kamala Harris
Susan Rice
Val Demings
Keisha Lance Bottoms
Michelle Lujan Grisham

My thoughts:

People on social media already jump on appearance.
Can't get away from that.

Ideologically, the liberal focus on govt as "nannying" social programs
is the main issue. Unless you've built and managed an entire town yourself,
anyone coming in to a system already created on capitalism and wanting
to change it to redistribute the wealth of others to support those not earning
it but getting forced support through govt is always going to be rejected.

That approach is SO AGAINST the conservative beliefs in limited Constitutional govt,
it's in essence ILLEGAL to impose such beliefs on others by force of law.

So as long as Candidates have no commitment to enforce the Constitution
to protect the rights, liberties and property of taxpayers who don't believe
in imposing social legislation through govt, they will always get attacked as soft targets.

The thing with Biden is MSM has totally covered up for him. Most Americans will soon see his child sniffing for the first time and wonder how a perv like that became the nominee. They will blame the DNC shills.
Trump supporters should never use morality as a campaign issue. Glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind.

In fact, as Trump has no virtues, character should never be used against Biden.
Trump is so bad it makes it okay for you to nominate a pedophile. Do you creep on little girls like Biden does or do you just look the other way and give such behavior a pass?

I still don't think Biden will be the nominee but I hope he is.
The effort of the Trump campaign remains the same as 2016. Make the other candidate look worse than Trump. Hence "Crooked Hillary" (as if Trump is a straight, honest person), "Lock her up!" (while Trump quivers at the thought of investigations) and "Investigate her emails (while Ivanka uses a personal server herself).

Now they are trying to smear Biden as a pedophile, a sexual abuser, a creep (while Trump has two dozen accusers and he brags about accosting women with Billy Bragg).

The irony is so thick, you have to swat it away from your eyes.

Biden is a corrupt politician. His family has made millions of dollars off of him being in political office. Trump has made some egregious mistakes where I can’t in good conscience vote for him. Lessor of two evils is how I vote, but I’m not sure who is worse out of the two. I’ll be sitting my ass home on Election Day.

Last edited:

Elizabeth Warren
Kamala Harris
Susan Rice
Val Demings
Keisha Lance Bottoms
Michelle Lujan Grisham

Amy Klobuchar asked Biden to withdraw her name for VP consideration. She told him he should pick a woman of color.

She just broke this news on MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell a few minutes ago.

Elizabeth Warren INDIAN :abgg2q.jpg:

Kamala Harris Almost totally BLACK

Susan Rice Looks just BLACK

Val Demings Dang she's BLACK

Keisha Lance Bottoms Mostly BLACK

Michelle Lujan Grisham She's WHITE, I'll bet she's a lesbian.

Right sex, right color, right sexual orientation, no wonder Democrats do such fine work.

Elizabeth Warren
Kamala Harris
Susan Rice
Val Demings
Keisha Lance Bottoms
Michelle Lujan Grisham

Amy Klobuchar asked Biden to withdraw her name for VP consideration. She told him he should pick a woman of color.

She just broke this news on MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell a few minutes ago.

It is the EPITOME of Racism and Sexism to require a candidate to be a certain Race and Sex. BY DEFINITION! Or don't they teach logic, nor rational thought in the Tee Pee environment???

It is the EPITOME of Racism and Sexism to require a candidate to be a certain Race and Sex. BY DEFINITION! Or don't they teach logic, nor rational thought in the Tee Pee environment???

Every Vice President up to this point has been a White Male. Well, except for Charles Curtis. He was 3/8th Native American.

Maybe it's about time we had a woman or a person of color in the job.

Elizabeth Warren
Kamala Harris
Susan Rice
Val Demings
Keisha Lance Bottoms
Michelle Lujan Grisham

My thoughts:

She is half his age!

Forum List

Back