Biden, top Democrats swing behind bipartisan virus aid bill

Circle jerk. LOL

I finally got him to admit what I suspected was true from the start so I'm happy. I wish people like that would just own their real views without apology rather than dodging and weaving because they don't want to admit how they actually feel.

You stated what so many state but yet they do nothing to actually see that it happens.

How should I go about making sure employers get prosecuted? You seem to think it's my responsibility to do so. Tell me how.
I think you are taking this personally. It is not your job. It is the job of those you elect to office to make sure the laws are followed.

you are only using that to deflect from the real issue

I addressed the employment of illegals several times already. You seem to be pretending that I didn't.

You stated what so many state but yet they do nothing to actually see that it happens. By supporting the checks I believe it will make a difference in many.
We have had Mexicans in this country working the fields since before I was born. I can remember being with my Grandfather as a little girl talking with the workers who picked sugar beets for the biggest factory in the small town. They followed the harvests then went home for the rest of the year. They are not bogeymen. They still do the same work today. But we do need a system that works.

They are here legally and have legal protections. What I want stopped is the ability to hire people that you can cheat and abuse and not worry about any repercussions. If we need 10 million people here to work jobs, then we do but it needs done legally and with protections to those doing the work.

I think you are taking this personally. It is not your job. It is the job of those you elect to office to make sure the laws are followed.

Well he seems to be accusing me of being a hypocrite or inconsistent because politicians aren't cracking down on employers. All I can do is have my opinion about it. I can't force the Fed to do anything.

No, they stay either way. How many times do I need to repeat this? Give me an exact number.

I didn't say they would leave without the check. That's just the argument you put in place of mine so you don't have to approach the debate honestly. I said the check helps them. Do you seriously deny that?

Last time. It makes very little difference. Last time. It's irrelevant to me whether it does or not. I want the issue addressed not these distractions to the issue.

Politician A: I do not support giving checks to illegals.

Citizen: But what are you going to do about those employing them?

Politician. A should not be re-elected.

you are only using that to deflect from the real issue

I addressed the employment of illegals several times already. You seem to be pretending that I didn't.

You stated what so many state but yet they do nothing to actually see that it happens. By supporting the checks I believe it will make a difference in many.
We have had Mexicans in this country working the fields since before I was born. I can remember being with my Grandfather as a little girl talking with the workers who picked sugar beets for the biggest factory in the small town. They followed the harvests then went home for the rest of the year. They are not bogeymen. They still do the same work today. But we do need a system that works.

I agree. The US should do as Canada does. They contact the Mexican Govt. let them know how many workers they need and when. When the workers arrive, they do the work and then go back to Mexico. Works great for Canada and would work for the US as well. They get to work. Make money and then go home. We don't have to spend billions on them every year. Win, Win.

No, they stay either way. How many times do I need to repeat this? Give me an exact number.

I didn't say they would leave without the check. That's just the argument you put in place of mine so you don't have to approach the debate honestly. I said the check helps them. Do you seriously deny that?

Last time. It makes very little difference. Last time. It's irrelevant to me whether it does or not. I want the issue addressed not these distractions to the issue.

Citizen: But what are you going to do about those employing them?

Politician. A should not be re-elected.

Many did vote to do that.

The checks matter none.

Why distribute them if they don't matter and they won't help the illegals? You're entering the land of abject absurdity at this point. You think $1,200 or more doesn't matter to somebody that is here doing under the table work on a farm? You really think that doesn't help them, that it's inconsequential? Get real man.

Well he seems to be accusing me of being a hypocrite or inconsistent because politicians aren't cracking down on employers. All I can do is have my opinion about it. I can't force the Fed to do anything.
But you can vote for the person who will do something. As a by stander that is what I am reading.

BTW, I may be an older poster but just came back. I have had some really good discussions.

But you can vote for the person who will do something. As a by stander that is what I am reading.

BTW, may be an older poster but just came back. I have had some really good discussions.

Who is the person that will do something? I'll vote for them.

Circle jerk. LOL

I finally got him to admit what I suspected was true from the start so I'm happy. I wish people like that would just own their real views without apology rather than dodging and weaving because they don't want to admit how they actually feel.

The checks matter none.

What do you mean the checks don't matter?? That's American tax payer money your throwing away on illegal aliens. We already spend billions of dollars on illegals every year. They don't deserve the sweat of an Americans ass. They should all be booted out.

You sure are an idiot

What do you mean the checks don't matter?? That's American tax payer money your throwing away on illegal aliens. We already spend billions of dollars on illegals every year. They don't deserve the sweat of an Americans ass. They should all be booted out.

You sure are an idiot

On top of thinking the lost tax revenue doesn't matter he seems to think the money won't help a person that's here picking tomatoes in the hot sun for a living. He just wants to make Republicans angry apparently.

BTW, may be an older poster but just came back. I have had some really good discussions.

Who is the person that will do something? I'll vote for them.
That is your responsibility to know. I make sure I keep up with who I vote for and let them know if I disagree. You would be surprised how many respond.

This is of today. It appears that the Senate Majority and the House is nearing an agreement. Well, with the exception of Moscow Mitch (what else is new). This agreement is for an interim bill to get help to America fast and the other things to be dealt with AFTER the seating of the new President. It's for about 980B. It's also very close to what the House and Mnuchin was working on just before the election before we ceased to have an Administration.

Even with a couple of the Republican Senators still lying out their asses over the Heroes act, it appears that this may get passed. The stumbling block? You guess it, Moscow Mitch is not willing to allow it to come to the floor for a vote or send it to committees. It's being done behind closed doors anyway. Both sides (except for Moscow Mitch) wants it done before Dec. 25th because most of the relief for normal people runs out on Dec 26th.

Pbs convered this just a few minutes ago. It appears that the Dems are backing it hard as are many republicans. The details aren't out yet for us to see. But it appears by the end of next week it should be finalized. Again, we still have the problem of it's about 400mil more than Moscow Mitch (personally) demands. But he's about the only one that demands that figure. Unfortunately, he's also the only one that has the power to block it and intends to do just that.
McConnell slightly changed his mind yesterday by saying they need to pass a smaller bill now, then a bigger one in the new Congress. He is being outflanked by his own members in this by- partisan bill.

He's still sticking to his guns about his 550mil bill that doesn't include the relief checks. It is to protect Businesses and not really small businesses that need the help. I think the 980B figure was arrived at by adding Moscow Mitch's 550b plus the 430b that was taken back. Add those two together you you get 980B. Yet Moscow Mitch still refuses to consider it.

The checks matter none.

Why distribute them if they don't matter and they won't help the illegals? You're entering the land of abject absurdity at this point. You think $1,200 or more doesn't matter to somebody that is here doing under the table work on a farm? You really think that doesn't help them, that it's inconsequential? Get real man.

Because Pelosi understands it will piss people off. She isn't doing it to get the employers dealt with, she is doing it simply to piss people off but it then works for me.

Circle jerk. LOL

The checks matter none.

You sure are an idiot

Yes, we are spending billions to subsidize those who hire illegals. I want it stopped. A few hundred isn't the problem. The billions is.

You are the one that doesn't want any consequences. I've been calling for them for years.

Ah...

You see, the difference between our debate styles is I ask you for clarification on your views while you tell me what mine are without asking. You seem intent on not having an actual conversation so I won't bother anymore.

I agree. The dumbass see's nothing wrong with illegal aliens getting a check from the tax payers of America. They aren't American citizens and are entitled to nothing except a boot in the ass out of America.

Mans a lefty loon moron.

Let's see. In order to get that relief check, you had to pay Taxes for 2019. That equates out to ALL Taxpayers. Even some Illegals paid taxes. But not too many. Those that didn't pay taxes won't see a dime.

This is of today. It appears that the Senate Majority and the House is nearing an agreement. Well, with the exception of Moscow Mitch (what else is new). This agreement is for an interim bill to get help to America fast and the other things to be dealt with AFTER the seating of the new President. It's for about 980B. It's also very close to what the House and Mnuchin was working on just before the election before we ceased to have an Administration.

Even with a couple of the Republican Senators still lying out their asses over the Heroes act, it appears that this may get passed. The stumbling block? You guess it, Moscow Mitch is not willing to allow it to come to the floor for a vote or send it to committees. It's being done behind closed doors anyway. Both sides (except for Moscow Mitch) wants it done before Dec. 25th because most of the relief for normal people runs out on Dec 26th.

Pbs convered this just a few minutes ago. It appears that the Dems are backing it hard as are many republicans. The details aren't out yet for us to see. But it appears by the end of next week it should be finalized. Again, we still have the problem of it's about 400mil more than Moscow Mitch (personally) demands. But he's about the only one that demands that figure. Unfortunately, he's also the only one that has the power to block it and intends to do just that.
McConnell slightly changed his mind yesterday by saying they need to pass a smaller bill now, then a bigger one in the new Congress. He is being outflanked by his own members in this by- partisan bill.

He's still sticking to his guns about his 550mil bill that doesn't include the relief checks. It is to protect Businesses and not really small businesses that need the help. I think the 980B figure was arrived at by adding Moscow Mitch's 550b plus the 430b that was taken back. Add those two together you you get 980B. Yet Moscow Mitch still refuses to consider it.

It very well could cost him his position. That would be worth a chuckle. Right or wrong the electorate wants the help.

Forum List

Back