Biden to return to White House, address nation at 3:45 est after Afghanistan falls to Taliban

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
One wonders if his advisers would have told him to do this if not for MSNBC and CNN criticism of the W.H that I haven't seen since Trump was president.

I don't envy the position he was put in. Military leaders, intel and self-serving people who didn't have a clue or enough patriotism to be honest for the last 20 years are far more to blame than any one politician. It started with GWB who didn't have a a plan, if he did I didn't hear it.

America should have just turned Afghanistan into a West/East Berlin situation and set up borders if they were going to eventually relinquish. Assuming they knew how soft and unwilling to fight the Afghan security was.

China and Russian leaders just became more wealthy today.

President Biden will deliver an address from the White House at 3:45 p.m. ET Monday amid a dire situation in Afghanistan that forced Americans to abandon their Kabul embassy Sunday as the Taliban took over the country.

The change in schedule came after intense pressure on the president, who has been out of Washington, D.C., at Camp David over the weekend, to speak about the affair that's being compared to Americans' withdrawal from Saigon. The Taliban took over the entire country in mere days, killing American allies along the way. The U.S. is now struggling to keep the Kabul airport open for those still hoping to flee.

The scenes at the airport are notably stark, with a flood of civilians trying to force their way onto exiting airplanes and some Afghans reportedly falling from the sky as they cling onto departing American airplanes in a desperate effort to escape the Taliban's rule.

One wonders if his advisers would have told him to do this if not for MSNBC and CNN criticism of the W.H that I haven't seen since Trump was president.

I don't envy the position he was put in. Military leaders, intel and self-serving people who didn't have a clue or enough patriotism to be honest for the last 20 years are far more to blame than any one politician. It started with GWB who didn't have a a plan, if he did I didn't hear it.

America should have just turned Afghanistan into a West/East Berlin situation and set up borders if they were going to eventually relinquish. Assuming they knew how soft and unwilling to fight the Afghan security was.

China and Russian leaders just became more wealthy today.

President Biden will deliver an address from the White House at 3:45 p.m. ET Monday amid a dire situation in Afghanistan that forced Americans to abandon their Kabul embassy Sunday as the Taliban took over the country.

The change in schedule came after intense pressure on the president, who has been out of Washington, D.C., at Camp David over the weekend, to speak about the affair that's being compared to Americans' withdrawal from Saigon. The Taliban took over the entire country in mere days, killing American allies along the way. The U.S. is now struggling to keep the Kabul airport open for those still hoping to flee.

The scenes at the airport are notably stark, with a flood of civilians trying to force their way onto exiting airplanes and some Afghans reportedly falling from the sky as they cling onto departing American airplanes in a desperate effort to escape the Taliban's rule.
More than likely it will be a body double.

But why does Biden have to say anything about it if it is Trump's fault?

This is the guy who kicked Trump`s ass in 3 debates. Go sit in a corner and when we need another idiotic comment we`ll ring a bell or something.
hahaha why do you lie? Trump smacked him around in the first debate, then he refused to debate the second time and canceled it

Forum List

Back