Biden To Release Another 15M Barrels From SPR To Influence Midterms At Cost Of $825M Taxpayer Dollars

That will depend upon when it is replaced.
Dimwingers shot Trump down when he wanted to replenish at very low prices, can't recall if it was in the 20s or 40s per barrel. Then they bragged about stopping a windfall for the evil oil companies.

Let's see how the fuckwits spin it when they refill at $100 a barrel.

Last edited:
Yes., but there was nothing in the post about the cost to refill it. You compared the price it was bought at and what it was released at, almost as if you did not know the oil was sold and not given away.

What does that matter? What point are you trying to make exactly? Do you think it will be filled at a lower price than it was sold for, so there will still be a 'profit' from the sale?

You don't 'agree' with the move, that's about the most negative you can or will get on the issue? lol It's corrupt and dangerous, also using tax payer money to influence an election, I guess you just "don't agree" with that? Too funny... If it were Trump doing it, I'm guessing your feelings on it would be much stronger. :rolleyes: Talk about partisan.

What does that matter? What point are you trying to make exactly? Do you think it will be filled at a lower price than it was sold for, so there will still be a 'profit' from the sale?

You don't 'agree' with the move, that's about the most negative you can or will get on the issue? lol It's corrupt and dangerous, also using tax payer money to influence an election, I guess you just "don't agree" with that? Too funny... If it were Trump doing it, I'm guessing your feelings on it would be much stronger. :rolleyes: Talk about partisan.

Nope, I had the exact same feelings when Trump sold oil out of the SPR, I am always against it.

You keep trying, and keep failing every time, but it is fun to watch

Sure you did... :laughing0301:

Feel free to find post from me doing otherwise.

I will be happy to wait...

1666113998304.png

I am 100% against Biden doing this, as you pointed out it is not the purpose of the SPR.

But, with that said, how is selling oil for 85 bbl that was bought for 29.70 bbl costing the US money?

Seems the US will make a tidy profit off of it.

Quick math puts it at about a profit of $829,500,000.
Until it comes time to replenish it.

I am 100% against Biden doing this, as you pointed out it is not the purpose of the SPR.

But, with that said, how is selling oil for 85 bbl that was bought for 29.70 bbl costing the US money?

Seems the US will make a tidy profit off of it.

Quick math puts it at about a profit of $829,500,000.
First, emptying the SPR at any price is a strategic error and weakens our country. The purpose of that reserve is for us to have a backup of oil in the event of a worldwide crisis. The purpose is not for one party of the other to lower gas prices before an election.

The other is that all those reserves have to be REPLACED. And at what cost?

Quick math puts that cost at what?

Last edited:
First, emptying the SPR at any price is a strategic error and weakens our country. The purpose of that reserve is for us to have a backup of oil in the event of a worldwide situation. The purpose is not for one party of the other to lower gas prices before an election.

Yes I agree....I said that in my post. But thanks for saying it again so I can say I agree again.

We do not know yet, since it has not yet been replaced and we do not know when it will be.

A politcal stunt 3 weeks before the election while we are on the brink of WW3.

Remember when the cult went crazy over Trump’s tweets to Kim Jong Un?

You fucking frauds.

White House announced another 15M barrels of oil from the strategic petroleum reserve.

This oil is intended to be used in times of national emergency such as an oil embargo, massive natural disaster, or world war.

Instead he is using it for political gain, to moderate the inevitable and forthcoming surge in gas prices at the pump caused by his deliberate war on fossil fuels and inept leadership to actually address the real long-term supply issues we Americans face.

Current price of oil is about $85/bbl [Link]

The oil he is releasing to the global markets was put in the SPR at an average price of $29.70/bbl [Link]

So this latest release will cost taxpayers about $825M.

He is putting America's security at great risk in an attempt to influence an election. Some would say this is an impeachable offense.

White House 'plans to release another 15 MILLION barrels of oil' from the US's emergency stockpile this week in a bid to balance markets and crack down on rocketing gas prices​

• President Biden is planning to release up to 15million barrels of oil from the United States' emergency oil reserves as he tries to stem soaring gasoline prices
  • The oil release would be the latest portion of a deal Biden struck last spring to release 180million barrels of oil from energy companies
  • Sources close to the White House said Biden is hoping the release of oil reserves will be able to drop national prices just in time for the midterms

Well at least Biden isn't killing anybody to help his election chances, like Trump did. Covid denial and failure to act because he thought covid would hurt his election chances. A million dead and counting.

First, emptying the SPR at any price is a strategic error and weakens our country. The purpose of that reserve is for us to have a backup of oil in the event of a worldwide crisis. The purpose is not for one party of the other to lower gas prices before an election.

Is the war in the Ukraine NOT a worldwide crisis? Was covid and the drop in oil production it lead to not a worldwide crisis??? What would you define as a worldwide crisis of sufficient proportion to justify using the emergency supply?

Apparently, Biden offered to buy the replacement oil from the Saudis, at a good price if the upped production, but the Saudis prefer to align themselves with Russia and Iran, instead of their longtime "ally". I'd be cutting off all foreign aid to the Saudis.

Well at least Biden isn't killing anybody to help his election chances, like Trump did. Covid denial and failure to act because he thought covid would hurt his election chances. A million dead and counting.
More than half those dead from the Fauci Flu happened on Veggie Joe’s watch, Dumbass.

Is the war in the Ukraine NOT a worldwide crisis? Was covid and the drop in oil production it lead to not a worldwide crisis??? What would you define as a worldwide crisis of sufficient proportion to justify using the emergency supply?

Apparently, Biden offered to buy the replacement oil from the Saudis, at a good price if the upped production, but the Saudis prefer to align themselves with Russia and Iran, instead of their longtime "ally". I'd be cutting off all foreign aid to the Saudis.
No stupid, Pedo Peter didn’t offer to buy Saudi oil to replenish our SPR. He begged them to up production to save Dimwingers in the upcoming election.

Why do you ALWAYS have to be a lying sack of shit?

Trump tried buying oil at $24 a barrel and the dems killed it.

Remember When Democrats Blocked Trump from Filling the Strategic Oil Reserve While Gas Was Cheap?

Democrats blocked former President Trump from filling the reserve when oil was hovering around $24 per barrel,” reports Bloomberg. “Trump in March of 2020 was looking to stabilize the oil industry after Covid-19 hit in 2020 and crushed global petroleum demand. With oil at the time priced at about $24 a barrel, Republicans proposed spending $3 billion to fill up the reserve. But the idea became a political football in larger negotiations on trillions in coronavirus relief, with Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer proclaiming that his party had blocked a ‘bailout for big oil.’”
Evil idiot Demorats.

That's just goofy. Surely you're more reasonable than that.

Think about it, President Biden is trying to refill the reserve at the same time he is draining the reserve.

Here's a solution, simply reverse all the foolish executive orders he signed when he took office that crushed our oil production and caused skyrocketing gas prices. Exactly what he wanted, the American citizen be damned.

Relax guys, there's nothing going on around the world that might put us in any jeopardy if we drew down the strategic supply.
Don't worry, Joe's got it figured out.

White House announced another 15M barrels of oil from the strategic petroleum reserve.

This oil is intended to be used in times of national emergency such as an oil embargo, massive natural disaster, or world war.

Instead he is using it for political gain, to moderate the inevitable and forthcoming surge in gas prices at the pump caused by his deliberate war on fossil fuels and inept leadership to actually address the real long-term supply issues we Americans face.

Current price of oil is about $85/bbl [Link]

The oil he is releasing to the global markets was put in the SPR at an average price of $29.70/bbl [Link]

So this latest release will cost taxpayers about $825M.

He is putting America's security at great risk in an attempt to influence an election. Some would say this is an impeachable offense.

White House 'plans to release another 15 MILLION barrels of oil' from the US's emergency stockpile this week in a bid to balance markets and crack down on rocketing gas prices​

• President Biden is planning to release up to 15million barrels of oil from the United States' emergency oil reserves as he tries to stem soaring gasoline prices
  • The oil release would be the latest portion of a deal Biden struck last spring to release 180million barrels of oil from energy companies
  • Sources close to the White House said Biden is hoping the release of oil reserves will be able to drop national prices just in time for the midterms

dems = Party > Country

Wow they're concerned that they can't cheat their way to victory this time, that's how fucked they are

Forum List

Back