Biden To Diversify USPS Board, Cement Democrats' Oversight With Three Appointments

This is good news.

We don't need people who want to violate the constitution by privatizing the Post Office.

Nor do we want people who will sabotage the US Mail for political reasons.

I'm very glad to read that congress is finally trying to repeal that stupid law the republicans passed in the bush boy years that's designed to bankrupt the Post Office by forcing them to pre pay retirement benefits for 75 years into the future.

Americans don't like what trump and his cohorts have done to the post office.

There are nine members of the postal governing board. The three that Biden will put in will join the SIX that Trump put in. LOL.
actually it will be 5 democrats and 4 republicans...
Wrong. All six of the current independent governors were appointed by President Trump; three slots are empty. The Board appoints the Postmaster General, who acts as the CEO. How is the U.S. Postal Service governed and funded?
you are wrong.....2 of those 6 are democrats.....
Take it up with Brookings moron. I posted my link--where's yours?

This is good news.

We don't need people who want to violate the constitution by privatizing the Post Office.

I'm very glad to read that congress is finally trying to repeal that stupid law the republicans passed in the bush boy years that's designed to bankrupt the Post Office by forcing them to pre pay retirement benefits for 75 years into the future.

There are nine members of the postal governing board. The three that Biden will put in will join the SIX that Trump put in. LOL.
Wrong. All six of the current independent governors were appointed by President Trump; three slots are empty. The Board appoints the Postmaster General, who acts as the CEO. How is the U.S. Postal Service governed and funded?
hey dumbass the 2 democrats were appointed by trump.....

This is good news.

Hey, Einstein, go back and read the thread and tell me where I said one fucking word about party affiliation. Here is a cut & paste of my quote-- There are nine members of the postal governing board. The three that Biden will put in will join the SIX that Trump put in. LOL. Take your head out of your ass and pay attention.

This is good news.

Hey, Einstein, go back and read the thread and tell me where I said one fucking word about party affiliation. Here is a cut & paste of my quote-- There are nine members of the postal governing board. The three that Biden will put in will join the SIX that Trump put in. LOL. Take your head out of your ass and pay attention.
ok you got me.....BUT....when it comes to voting those 2 will side with the democrats....who ever is president determines how they vote......its been like that for quite a while.....if biden wants the new PMG out....he might as well resign.....they only last 2-3 years anyway.....

The USPS is in a death spiral. Competition by FedEx and UPS for the lucrative package delivery market and email has reduced it's funding base and caused spiraling higher prices which in turn, drive away even more business. Very few people send snail mail anymore, it's mostly junk mail and bills. For the USPS to survive, congress needs to bite the bullet and return it to being a department of the government funded from the general fund and reduce postage rates to a sane amount that will encourage usage by the common citizen.

This is good news.

what did Trump and his cohorts do to the post office?

The 2006 law you are referring to was written in a bipartisan fashion, it included Henry Waxman, and Danny Davis and past both chambers of Congress on a voice vote.

Moreover, the USPS hasn't paid it's prefunding obligations since 2012...and has continued to go bankrupt.

Now you can argue that the USPS workers don't deserve retirement heatlhcare benefits, and try to get rid of them....go for it.

This is good news.

Great, all we need are affirmative action Negroes or Queers running the USPS, which is already bankrupt and inefficient as hell.

You can always bank upon the Democrats to screw up something even more than it was.

Forum List

Back