Biden starts buying low priced oil for Strategic Reserve - bravo!

trolls-have-serious-S.jpg

There were 9 million threads about the strategic reserve. I’m getting ready to hit a few of them up based their dire predictions that didn’t come true.

This is one thread about the smart business plan by Biden.

1944Why do you hate $3.6B in profit Biden is squeaking out?

What profit?

the SPC was created in 1944

Are you claiming oil was $96 a barrel then?

It was increased during the embargo of the 70s.

What profit?

the SPC was created in 1944

It was increased during the embargo of the 70s.

If I loaned you my car I paid $40k for and you sold it for$96k and then bought another for $76k and gave it back to me you’d have $20k in profit even though I paid less originally. Duh.

Average price paid for oil in the strategic reserve in December of 2007
was - $29.70 per barrel

Liberal loon's that think bozo Biden made a profit when refilling the reserve, seriously need to take an elementary level class in basic business economics. ... :cuckoo:

Last edited:
If I loaned you my car I paid $40k for and you sold it for$96k and then bought another for $76k and gave it back to me you’d have $20k in profit even though I paid less originally. Duh.
Please tell me that you're not serious and just trolling?
Even a 12 year old kid would know the guy lost $36k replacing your car.

Please tell me that you're not serious and just trolling?
Even a 12 year old kid would know the guy lost $36k replacing your car.
At first you have 180 million barrels of oil.

Then you have 180 million barrels of oil plus $3.6B.

Average price paid for oil in the strategic reserve in December of 2007
was - $29.70 per barrel

Liberal loon's that think bozo Biden made a profit when refilling the reserve, seriously need to take an elementary level class in basic business economics. ... :cuckoo:
At first you have 180 million barrels of oil.

Then you have 180 million barrels of oil plus $3.6B.

What happens to the price of oil in the coming months will determine whether or not Biden has made a good deal. Most savvy investors wait for a bottom before they buy. With recession predicted it might be prudent to wait a while before committing to a price now (although the SPR will likely be filled incrementally over time).

What happens to the price of oil in the coming months will determine whether or not Biden has made a good deal. Most savvy investors wait for a bottom before they buy. With recession predicted it might be prudent to wait a while before committing to a price now (although the SPR will likely be filled incrementally over time).
Regardless of what happens to the price of oil, it was a terrible thing to do. It is the STRATEGIC OIL RESERVE, not the "try to cover up my gross energy failure" reserve.

Regardless of what happens to the price of oil, it was a terrible thing to do. It is the STRATEGIC OIL RESERVE, not the "try to cover up my gross energy failure" reserve.
What's done is done. Thankfully we're now going to recover the SPR.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back