Biden says we may be facing Armageddon.

The conditions will have to be right. This could be a good place for a discussion on the situation that will have to be created to start a nuclear war.

One of my biggest fears is that the US military mindset may believe it could be winnable.

But there's a lot more that needs to be considered before that.

I'm optimistic that Elon Musk's peace plan could be accepted by Americans after the coming election and a very big win by the R party.

I also fear Biden's state of mind!

The conditions will have to be right. This could be a good place for a discussion on the situation that will have to be created to start a nuclear war.

One of my biggest fears is that the US military mindset may believe it could be winnable.

I'm optimistic that Elon Musk's peace plan could be accepted by Americans after the coming election and a very big win by the R party.

It is something which has the whole world on edge so I doubt the US will forget all there is is mutually assured destruction. I think Biden acknowledging it is a first step. Hopefully they will start talking to each other with some sane advisers on hand.

It is something which has the whole world on edge so I doubt the US will forget all there is is mutually assured destruction. I think Biden acknowledging it is a first step. Hopefully they will start talking to each other with some sane advisers on hand.
Wise words! I tend to agree that we are a long way from nuclear war, but not so far from Russia's use of a tactical nuclear weapon.

How would you imagine America responding to that? I see the tactical advantage going to Russia in the immediate term because of the reluctance to face MAD.

But I can't quite imagine the blowback against Russia that would result?

I'm beginning to think that the best hopes could be in Russia's use of a tactical nuke, in the interest of getting the issue into the UN where the real true facts of the war would be considered by the world's majority of countries.

On your point of Biden acknowledging. He's long ago acknowledged in my opinion. But I can't understand why he's gone public with it? Any idea?

We no longer have a military capable of being a fighting force. There hasn't been combat training since Biden stole the election. It's all equity and diversity eliminating white rage.

Alexa, one of the questions to ponder is on what will be the sentiments of the world's countries when the situation is made much more dangerous by Russia's use of a tactical nuclear weapon to demonstrate their resolve.

I highly suspect that the US propaganda against Russia is not on firm ground with the rest of the world's countries. Many hugely populated countries haven't weighed in yet.

And after the cutting through of the propaganda, there's the reality of America's track record on continuous wars with the same purpose in mind of eliminating other superpower influence.

Leading US political scholars are making the point already but propaganda buries most of it.

We no longer have a military capable of being a fighting force. There hasn't been combat training since Biden stole the election. It's all equity and diversity eliminating white rage.
There's nothing to be gained by bringing that into the conversation.

Just consider that Russia's military is much inferior, but that wouldn't prevent Russia from demonstrating their nuclear power on America.

I'm beginning to think that the best hopes could be in Russia's use of a tactical nuke, in the interest of getting the issue into the UN where the real true facts of the war would be considered by the world's majority of countries.
Have you ever heard of the power of the VETO, duck? Russia, the US, China, UK and France (the five permanent members of the UN Security council--fancy that) hold the power of veto. I might remind you that three of those five are NATO members--so much for your hope of UN intervention.

According to the latest polls, two thirds of Republicans support continuing to support Ukraine in its fight agains the Russian invaders.

Nothing can save Russia now.

Wise words! I tend to agree that we are a long way from nuclear war, but not so far from Russia's use of a tactical nuclear weapon.

How would you imagine America responding to that? I see the tactical advantage going to Russia in the immediate term because of the reluctance to face MAD.

But I can't quite imagine the blowback against Russia that would result?

On your point of Biden acknowledging. He's long ago acknowledged in my opinion. But I can't understand why he's gone public with it? Any idea?
Why has he made his position public? well one reason

Most of the world doesn't see it the way we describe it. Most of the world is just terrified right now, frankly.

It is unbelievable to be hearing on one side that they will use nuclear weapons if they have to, while the other side says, "You can't frighten us."

Could be because many people will be like me and feel happier if I know they accept the seriousness of this and not risk bravado taking us to WW3. Earlier today I was hearing people say he is just using that to try and get people to talk to him and to stop the fighting in Ukraine. It is all very well Ukraine winning little battles but if they are going to result in me being nuked, not so much fun. We have to get grounded not just say 'can't frighten me'.

Another reason for making it public could be to get the public to understand we cannot just be continually fighting if we value our own lives. We need to get things sorted. Russia may have nothing on the conventional level but it has the most nukes and from what I have heard the best ones.

1665103987497.png

Sorry. But I think this guy is also nuts.

Good point! We're being driven to fear by the US propagandists who expect us to believe that it's a cakewalk for America over Russia.
Could be because many people will be like me and feel happier if I know they accept the seriousness of this and not risk bravado taking us to WW3.
Yes, but the propaganda is strengthening the bravado. It's almost exclusively bravado!
Earlier today I was hearing people say he is just using that to try and get people to talk to him and to stop the fighting in Ukraine. It is all very well Ukraine winning little battles but if they are going to result in me being nuked, not so much fun. We have to get grounded not just say 'can't frighten me'.

I think you make a valid point on the Ukraine winning little battles. But the propaganda is so consistent and heavy that it will have the people believing it's a cakewalk for America. That's a very dangerous illusion being created!

Forum List

Back