Three in four Americans say U.S. should support Ukraine despite Russian threats

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
WASHINGTON, Oct 5 (Reuters) - Nearly three-quarters of Americans say that the United States should continue to support Ukraine, despite Russian threats that it could use nuclear weapons to protect its territory, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Wednesday.

The polling suggested continuing backing for President Joe Biden's provision of weapons systems, training and other military assistance for President Volodymyr Zelenskiy's government, despite concerns that the war might escalate if Ukraine is provided longer-range weapons that could hit Russia.

The online poll of 1,005 Americans showed that 73% agreed that the United States should continue to support Ukraine, despite Russian warnings that it could make use of its nuclear arsenal. Both Democrats and Republicans agreed, although there was more support among Biden's fellow Democrats - 81% - than Republicans - at 66%.

And in the most recent poll, conducted Oct. 4-5, 66% of respondents said Washington specifically should continue providing weapons to Ukraine, up from 51% in a similar poll in August.

It is notable that 2/3 of Republicans support the current US policy of supporting Ukraine in its battle against the Russian invaders.

Though, I don't particularly trust the polls, I want to believe that these figures reflect the mindset more or less correctly. The US is the only country of the West that can stand against China, Russia and other autocracies and keep the West united.

WASHINGTON, Oct 5 (Reuters) - Nearly three-quarters of Americans say that the United States should continue to support Ukraine, despite Russian threats that it could use nuclear weapons to protect its territory, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Wednesday.

The polling suggested continuing backing for President Joe Biden's provision of weapons systems, training and other military assistance for President Volodymyr Zelenskiy's government, despite concerns that the war might escalate if Ukraine is provided longer-range weapons that could hit Russia.

The online poll of 1,005 Americans showed that 73% agreed that the United States should continue to support Ukraine, despite Russian warnings that it could make use of its nuclear arsenal. Both Democrats and Republicans agreed, although there was more support among Biden's fellow Democrats - 81% - than Republicans - at 66%.

And in the most recent poll, conducted Oct. 4-5, 66% of respondents said Washington specifically should continue providing weapons to Ukraine, up from 51% in a similar poll in August.

It is notable that 2/3 of Republicans support the current US policy of supporting Ukraine in its battle against the Russian invaders.

I say fuckem both.
The Ukraine is corrupt as all get out and the same goes for russia.

Clearly, if you live in the US, that puts you in a small minority.

That really doesn't make sense but whatever.
Americans for the most part dont know jack shit about much of anything especially politics.
Most couldnt find the Ukraine on a map and they sure as hell wouldnt know about corruption in the Ukraine if all they watch is the MSM.

That really doesn't make sense but whatever.
Americans for the most part dont know jack shit about much of anything especially politics.
Most couldnt find the Ukraine on a map and they sure as hell wouldnt know about corruption in the Ukraine if all they watch is the MSM.
And yet 3/4 of Americans and 2/3 of Republicans support US aid to Ukraine to fight off the Russian invasion and they think you don't know jack shit about anything.

And yet 3/4 of Americans and 2/3 of Republicans support US aid to Ukraine to fight off the Russian invasion and they think you don't know jack shit about anything.

You're gonna have to supply some links. And as I said most Americans have no idea about the corruption in the Ukraine because they watch the MSM.
They dont know about biden threatening to block aid for the Ukraine if they didnt fire the prosecutor that was investigating Burisma and the hunter connection.
This war is about money laundering. And the idea that the Ukraine can beat Russia is a joke.

You're gonna have to supply some links. And as I said most Americans have no idea about the corruption in the Ukraine because they watch the MSM.
They dont know about biden threatening to block aid for the Ukraine if they didnt fire the prosecutor that was investigating Burisma and the hunter connection.
This war is about money laundering. And the idea that the Ukraine can beat Russia is a joke.

Note that 66% of Republicans support continuing to aid Ukraine in fighting off the Russian invaders and only a small minority of Americans oppose this aid.

Note that 66% of Republicans support continuing to aid Ukraine in fighting off the Russian invaders and only a small minority of Americans oppose this aid.

Again.
What republicans? I sure as hell dont support sending billions to the Ukraine when we have need for that money here in our own country.
What exactly is the benefit for America?
As for as Reuters goes they aren't what they used to be and I find it hard to believe that nearly 3/4's of Americans support pissing away billions for no discernable reason.

Again.
What republicans? I sure as hell dont support sending billions to the Ukraine when we have need for that money here in our own country.
What exactly is the benefit for America?
As for as Reuters goes they aren't what they used to be and I find it hard to believe that nearly 3/4's of Americans support pissing away billions for no discernable reason.
All the polls I've seen have shown the majority of Americas support US aid to Ukraine, under 20% opposed it and that support was bipartisan. This is why I said in my original response to you that you fall into a small minority of Americans.

All the polls I've seen have shown the majority of Americas support US aid to Ukraine, under 20% opposed it and that support was bipartisan. This is why I said in my original response to you that you fall into a small minority of Americans.

And you claimed that even with the threat of nuclear war they would still support aid to Ukraine.
I'm going to call bullshit on that one,they're not even a member of NATO.

And you claimed that even with the threat of nuclear war they would still support aid to Ukraine.
I'm going to call bullshit on that one,they're not even a member of NATO.
This poll was taken after Putin threatened nuclear war so clearly the numbers hold. Understand that NATO has played no role in this war, but member states of NATO have individually assisted Ukraine with weapons and other military help and the EU is strongly supporting Ukraine. Since the NATO charier allows member states to take action as they see fit, either individually or collectively the fact that Ukraine is not a member state makes no difference to those states that strongly support Ukraine, the US among them. Again, only a small minority of Americans share your views on this issue.

This poll was taken after Putin threatened nuclear war so clearly the numbers hold. Understand that NATO has played no role in this war, but member states of NATO have individually assisted Ukraine with weapons and other military help and the EU is strongly supporting Ukraine. Since the NATO charier allows member states to take action as they see fit, either individually or collectively the fact that Ukraine is not a member state makes no difference to those states that strongly support Ukraine, the US among them. Again, only a small minority of Americans share your views on this issue.

I believe I just addressed the nuclear war threat dimwit.
And I dont believe for one second the American public is ready to go nuclear over the Ukraine.
If you believe that you're a fucken imbecile.

Ukraine was a huge supporter of Hitler and needs to be obliterated

Ukraine killed tens of thousands of Jews , too

And I dont believe for one second the American public is ready to go nuclear over the Ukraine.

The poll was taken after Putin made his nuclear threat so clearly 3/4 if Americans were willing to continue the aid despite Putin's nuclear threat.

Stop repeating yourself.
Do you really believe the American people are willing to go nuclear over the Ukraine?
If so you're an imbecile.
I repeat these things because you are obviously having trouble processing the results of the poll. Since the poll was taken after Putin made those threats, 3/4 of Americans obviously are willing to continue to support Ukraine despite Putin's threats of nuclear attacks.

I repeat these things because you are obviously having trouble processing the results of the poll. Since the poll was taken after Putin made those threats, 3/4 of Americans obviously are willing to continue to support Ukraine despite Putin's threats of nuclear attacks.

So it's your contention that Americans are willing to have their cities nuked over the Ukraine....
I'm done with you and your idiocy.

Forum List

Back