Biden says “No Amendment to the Constitution is absolute”

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.
lol so you believe only the government should have access to firearms?
FYI why doesn't that militia you keep referencing allowed to keep their weapons on them and at their homes?
DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
evidently, you don't and stop acting as if you've have lost this argument many times
FYI why doesn't that militia you keep referencing allowed to keep their weapons on them and at their homes?
How did I lose? Simply because a false witness bearing right-winger says so. You need valid arguments not merely gossip, hearsay, or soothsay.

I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on
Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.
DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
evidently, you don't and stop acting as if you've have lost this argument many times
How did I lose? Simply because a false witness bearing right-winger says so. You need valid arguments not merely gossip, hearsay, or soothsay.

I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."

It's really irrelevant. The Supreme Court ruled the 2nd applied to the people and that's unlikely to change for a long time.

DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

you keep repeating this same stuff and I ask you "DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN?"

DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

It's really irrelevant. The Supreme Court ruled the 2nd applied to the people and that's unlikely to change for a long time.
Our Tenth Amendment applies. States are free to challenge that ruling and ask the Court, why they ignored the rules of construction and sacrificed the end to the means.

DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

You can't or you would present actual valid arguments for rebuttal instead of nonsequiturs which are usually considered fallacies.

DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

Our Tenth Amendment applies. States are free to challenge that ruling and ask the Court, why they ignored the rules of construction and sacrificed the end to the means.

They can. The court isn't going to rule otherwise for many years if then.

DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

They can. The court isn't going to rule otherwise for many years if then.
States are free to challenge that ruling and ask the Court, why they ignored the rules of construction and sacrificed the end to the means.

Well, this could get interesting...

View attachment 478215

That is exactly what the late Justice Scalia said.

“So yes, there are some limitations that can be imposed,” Scalia said. “What they are will depend on what the society understood were reasonable limitations at the time.”

DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

You can't or you would present actual valid arguments for rebuttal instead of nonsequiturs which are usually considered fallacies.
Dude, you act as if all your post are forgotten from other threads they don't go away
You say don't regulate guns regulate gun lovers
You don't like the unorganized militia you believe the only militia is the national guard
You believe the only group that should have access to firearms is the government
So tell me do you know the meaning of George Mason's words?

DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

Dude, you act as if all your post are forgotten from other threads they don't go away
You don't like the unorganized militia you believe the only militia is the national guard
You believe the only group that should have access to firearms is the government
Mason's quote supports my argument more than yours. Do You understand Mason's quote?

You notice it does not claim the unorganized militia is necessary to the security of a free State.

DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

Mason's quote supports my argument more than yours. Do You understand Mason's quote?

You notice it does not claim the unorganized militia is necessary to the security of a free State.
How do the words of George Mason support your position when you disliked pknopp post?
"It's really irrelevant. The Supreme Court ruled the 2nd applied to the people and that's unlikely to change for a long time."
pknopp and I have gone toe to toe a few times but he seems to understand what George Mason was saying you on the other hand not so much.

DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

How do the words of George Mason support your position when you disliked pknopp post?
"It's really irrelevant. The Supreme Court ruled the 2nd applied to the people and that's unlikely to change for a long time."
pknopp and I have gone toe to toe a few times but he seems to understand what George Mason was saying you on the other hand not so much.
States are welcome to challenge that ruling whenever it is convenient. Our Tenth Amendment is more supreme than any judiciary who cannot explain why they ignored the rules of construction and sacrificed the end to the means. Any legal error can be easily challenged.

DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

States are welcome to challenge that ruling whenever it is convenient. Our Tenth Amendment is more supreme than any judiciary who cannot explain why they ignored the rules of construction and sacrificed the end to the means. Any legal error can be easily challenged.
Just as I said you do not know what you quote means
Do you believe George Mason would agree with you that a state can have restrictive gun laws?
Interesting you believe a state can suspend the 13th Amendment since the states have a tenth amendment right to do so?

DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

Do you believe George Mason would agree with you that a state can have restrictive gun laws?
Interesting you believe a state can suspend the 13th Amendment since the states have a tenth amendment right to do so?
Dude, you have nothing but appeals to ignorance and claiming that of me.

The whole and entire People are the Militia. Only well regulated militia of the whole and entire People are declared Necessary to the security of a free State.

DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

The whole and entire People are the Militia. Only well regulated militia of the whole and entire People are declared Necessary to the security of a free State.
BUT DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS? EXPLAIN IT TO ME

While true its a pretty vague general statement. While no Amendment is absolute there is very little he can do on his own. Maybe nothing.
all amendments are protected rights therefore they are absolute
There are limits on any and all rights.

For example, the second amendment only applies to public property. You do not have the right to bring weapons onto private property without permission from the owner.

While true its a pretty vague general statement. While no Amendment is absolute there is very little he can do on his own. Maybe nothing.

For example, the second amendment only applies to public property. You do not have the right to bring weapons onto private property without permission from the owner.
I've done it countless times
When your concealed carry no one should see your firearm.
But to address your query I have every right to enter
since jo believe rights are not absolute he could start and demand we have a state run religion

DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

You explain it to Me. I am not the one appealing to ignorance, straw man fallacies or ad hominems. Ask (relevant) questions on where you don't understand the concept.

I've done it countless times
When your concealed carry no one should see your firearm.
But to address your query I have every right to enter
since jo believe rights are not absolute he could start and demand we have a state run religion
Our Second Amendment absolutely states it is a well regulated militia that is Necessary to the security of a free State.

DODGE AWAY
I know how to read.

You explain it to Me. I am not the one appealing to ignorance, straw man fallacies or ad hominems. Ask (relevant) questions on where you don't understand the concept.
no you're the one that keeps repeating the cut and paste post
You really don't understand what it means.
It's not up to me to explain it to you it's up to you to show you actually understand what you are posting.

Forum List

Back