Biden needs to move whatever infrastructure bill 50 dems will support, and what taxes they'll support, because the GOP's just shining him on

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
Obama belatedly came to the conclusion that whatever compromise on healthcare he floated, the gop would always find a reason to say Nyet. Here they go again, not even agreeing on what they even agree upon with themselves.

Imo more than half of what the dems propose isn't even infrastructure. But I'm pretty sure Biden doesn't even have 50 votes that that pig. But the gop is saying ANY bill has to be paid for with taxes of some kind, but the taxes they agree to won't even fund the 800billion some of them say they could bring themselves to approve for new roads bridges harbors water etc. I suspect that in the end they'll just say .... "well we tried to compromise but 800, 600, 400 or one dollar was just too much debt .... after 4 years of Trump deficits.

If the dems want a bill paid for largely with taxes on those making over 500K, they should just pass the damn thing. We need the roads.

Obama belatedly came to the conclusion that whatever compromise on healthcare he floated, the gop would always find a reason to say Nyet. Here they go again, not even agreeing on what they even agree upon with themselves.

Imo more than half of what the dems propose isn't even infrastructure. But I'm pretty sure Biden doesn't even have 50 votes that that pig. But the gop is saying ANY bill has to be paid for with taxes of some kind, but the taxes they agree to won't even fund the 800billion some of them say they could bring themselves to approve for new roads bridges harbors water etc. I suspect that in the end they'll just say .... "well we tried to compromise but 800, 600, 400 or one dollar was just too much debt .... after 4 years of Trump deficits.

If the dems want a bill paid for largely with taxes on those making over 500K, they should just pass the damn thing. We need the roads.

Perhaps you shouldn't have "elected" a senile octogenarian with the mind of a child to handle these types of problems.

States should be responsible for their own infrastructure and the feds should be relegated to fed property only.
I already pay increased taxes locally for "infrastructure" projects so why should I be taxed again

I agree OP.
What seems crazy to me is the GOP. Trump supported deficit spending on infrastructure, but he was unable to get the GOP congress to do it, even when they had majorities in both chambers. Under either Reagan or HW, the gop could have agreed to 600-800 billion, and paid for it with a mix of taxes on both workers and capital. Possibly even W, although deficit spending was one addiction he never conquered.

Today's GOP is even more tied to protecting the 1% and .1% than they were before Obama, and the only way they won the WH was by running a TV reality guy who campaigned against them in the primary.

I'm not saying I'm ready to marry-up with Analog Joe ... but the GOP was nuts when Trump kicked its ass, and its even nuttier now.

Forum List

Back