Biden mass spending sparks warning of hyperinflation and market crash

No one knows for sure. We were certain of hyperinflation because of QE after the Meltdown.

If there is inflation it could be long and rough or it could be spiky and short lived.

No one knows for sure. Especially those whose perceptions are distorted by partisan ideology.

To be fair I think this is one of the times that it's not partisan ideology to realise that spending trillions and giving every endless free stuff would equate to hyperinflation and interest rates that will sink the economy. It's economics 1-0-1 that the biggest dummies like myself can understand.

I do agree though that hyperbole and ideology clouds folks views at the best of times, tho.

I have been screaming this on this site and I get crickets.

My only conclusion is that most Americans are really fucking dumb.

I have laid out the specific math....the response I get is...DERP!

BLACK LIVES MATTER!

As we become Greece.

This Republic is about to fall.

It's only a matter of time before the rest of the world realizes that they're subsidizing our cushy way of life and stops accepting the worthless pieces of paper we send them for the goods they actually create. We'll become a third world country overnight and you can say 'goodbye' to that 'thin veil of civility' that we're only barely holding on to as it is...
But if we print 30 trillion dollars, we can pay off the debt, right?

Wtf? You seriously need to go look at the difference between monetary policy and fiscal policy.

Debt is financed by gov bonds, meaning SOMEONE IS BUYING IT.

How much debt is too much?

"Too much" for what? For investors to stop buying American bonds?

If you knew anything at all you would know there is no way of knowing that.
No way of knowing what? The more bonds the government prints, the less interest investors are willing to pay.

It's as simple as that.

How is it possible for you to be sooo wrong, soo often?

Bonds are "printed" when they are bought ignoramus, they are just an "I-owe-you" note with interest the investors buy.

Interest rates are at historic lows, so obviously investors are VERY willing to buy at very low rates despite rapidly increasing national debt.
i mispoke. i mean the higher the interest rate they will demand. Rates are low now, but they are headed up. i recall what happened when Jimmy Carter was president. We had mortgage rates as high as 12%.

Yep, it was 12% interest despite very low national debt levels, so maybe you need to rethink your oversimplified understanding of that relationship.

Debt matters and ignoring it may one day end in a disaster for America, but to know exact debt level it happens at is more a matter of opinion than fact.
Carter was printing money to pay for his spending, dumbass.

Ironic for you to call someone a dumbass while saying dumbass nonsense.

Federal government does not "print money" to pay for spending. You are confusing monetary policy by the Federal Reserve Bank and fiscal policy that is taxing and spending.

National deficit is the difference between receipts and spending (inc interest spending), you cannot lower it by "printing money"
I didn't say the Federal Reserve prints money. I said it creates money. "Monetary policy" means creating money out of thin air. Are you claiming that the Federal Reserve isn't part of the Federal Government?

You can easily lower what the government owes by creating money. For one thing, debasing the currency lowers the value of what the federal government owes.

What else can I school you about, dumbass?

No one knows for sure. We were certain of hyperinflation because of QE after the Meltdown.

If there is inflation it could be long and rough or it could be spiky and short lived.

No one knows for sure. Especially those whose perceptions are distorted by partisan ideology.

To be fair I think this is one of the times that it's not partisan ideology to realise that spending trillions and giving every endless free stuff would equate to hyperinflation and interest rates that will sink the economy. It's economics 1-0-1 that the biggest dummies like myself can understand.

I do agree though that hyperbole and ideology clouds folks views at the best of times, tho.

BLACK LIVES MATTER!

As we become Greece.

It's only a matter of time before the rest of the world realizes that they're subsidizing our cushy way of life and stops accepting the worthless pieces of paper we send them for the goods they actually create. We'll become a third world country overnight and you can say 'goodbye' to that 'thin veil of civility' that we're only barely holding on to as it is...

Wtf? You seriously need to go look at the difference between monetary policy and fiscal policy.

No way of knowing what? The more bonds the government prints, the less interest investors are willing to pay.

It's as simple as that.

Bonds are "printed" when they are bought ignoramus, they are just an "I-owe-you" note with interest the investors buy.

Interest rates are at historic lows, so obviously investors are VERY willing to buy at very low rates despite rapidly increasing national debt.
i mispoke. i mean the higher the interest rate they will demand. Rates are low now, but they are headed up. i recall what happened when Jimmy Carter was president. We had mortgage rates as high as 12%.

Yep, it was 12% interest despite very low national debt levels, so maybe you need to rethink your oversimplified understanding of that relationship.

Debt matters and ignoring it may one day end in a disaster for America, but to know exact debt level it happens at is more a matter of opinion than fact.
Inflation was out of hand in the late 70's due in large part to the end of the war in Vietnam in 75. Gerald Ford had the WIN program that was an acronym for "Whip Inflation Now." High interest rates followed until Reagan's tax act of 1986 and soon after that, interest rates fell, wages kept pace with low inflation for whatever reason. I don't know what the exact influencing factors were as I am not an economist--but that is what happened as a point of history.
It was out of hand because the government created money to pay for the war.

BLACK LIVES MATTER!

As we become Greece.

It's as simple as that.

Federal government does not "print money" to pay for spending. You are confusing monetary policy by the Federal Reserve Bank and fiscal policy that is taxing and spending.

National deficit is the difference between receipts and spending (inc interest spending), you cannot lower it by "printing money"
I didn't say the Federal Reserve prints money. I said it creates money. "Monetary policy" means creating money out of thin air. Are you claiming that the Federal Reserve isn't part of the Federal Government?

You can easily lower what the government owes by creating money. For one thing, debasing the currency lowers the value of what the federal government owes.

Federal bank does not print money to pay for Fed spending.

Get it? No? Ok it is what it is, you can get back to your regularly scheduled life of never ending bs and ignorance.

Well, if the Fed expands their balance sheet by $1 trillion at the same time the Treasury borrows $3 trillion, you could make the case that the Fed printed money to partially pay for federal spending.
I think that could be considered currency manipulation--the Chinese are experts.

Well, if the Fed expands their balance sheet by $1 trillion at the same time the Treasury borrows $3 trillion, you could make the case that the Fed printed money to partially pay for federal spending.
I think that could be considered currency manipulation--the Chinese are experts.

The Chinese currency is pegged. Manipulation by definition.

We are all fucked. I put 100% of my invesment equity into Magic:The Gathering cards.

My real fear is another 2008 collapse. Lets all lose 30% of the value of our homes. That will be nice.
I doubled down on Beanie Babies, one day Hoot the Owl will be more valuable than the Klimt painting of the Woman in Gold

Democrats are just outright pillaging the country.

God forbid that ANYONE give money to people in need. Corporations and the wealthy are the only ones entitled to "free shit". Giving money to people makes them lazy.

You're not entirely wrong on this one, but one question, what is a corporation made of?

You're looking for me to say "people", but that's not the correct answer. People manage corporations, they work for corporations, and they own corporations, but they are NOT corporations. A corporation is a legal entity having all of the rights of a natural person to own property, and to conduct business, in the ordinary course.

A corporation is made up of a charter, or an constating document setting out the name, purpose, initial share structure, and limitations of the corporation, and it's initial directors. There is a capital structure, share certificates, and a corporate minute book containing the By-laws and Resolutions of the Directors and Shareholders, The corporation is made up of assets owned by the corporation and liabilities owed by it.

All stimulus monies should be paid to the tax payers. Not the corporations who had their tax bills nearly cut in half from 35% to 21% - a permanent 40% tax reduction. Large multinational corporations were allowed a one-time opportunity to bring home capital overseas subsidiaries at the nominal tax rate of 10%. Capital which had be sitting in offshore accounts for a generation was brought home and the taxes collected on these funds resulted in big jump in corporate taxes paid in 2018. This one time repatriation of funds covered up true costs of the corporate tax cuts.

Almost none of this gift to corporations ended up in the hands of workers. 40% of this money went straight to the shareholders.

These people don't need stimulus money, but their workers do.
Gasoline? 87 Octane, not "name brand".
$2.89 at 5:30 this morning as I passed the gas station.
$3.09 when I returned from grocery shopping.
Exhausted from racing to stay ahead of the crew increasing the shelf prices only to learn that the "new" and "improved" (read: "higher" prices) were already in the checkout computers.
Front end manager says the chain's M.I.S. department is perfecting software that will raise the prices of items with product codes ending in odd numbers on Mondays, Wednesdays qne Fridays. UPC's ending in even numbers on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. They're arguing over whether on Sundays to leave all prices alone or just increase all prices at once.
Plan is to leave the percentage increase programmable up to midnight each night so a management team call review what Xiden said that day and how much room that gives them.

Think I'm kidding? Show on any three or rour (3 or 4, liberals) successive days; look at the UPC codes and prices.

Do you have any evidence that ANY of this is happening, or is this more right wing fear mongering.? I notice not one link is posted. It appears that the radical right has absolutely nothing to counter any of Biden's plan other than scare tactics.

You do understand that your food prices have gone up because there's no illegal immigrants to work in the fields or the processing plants, don't you? That the ONLY reason your food prices have been this cheap for this long is illegal immigration?

Or that your gas prices went up because OPEC cut production to drive up the price of gas?

Geezus Christo, she's loonier than I ever imagined. And that's saying something b/c I thought she was a loon BEFORE this response...

We are all fucked. I put 100% of my invesment equity into Magic:The Gathering cards.

My real fear is another 2008 collapse. Lets all lose 30% of the value of our homes. That will be nice.

On a thread where you trying to say money is going to loose its value against assets.. You afe now stating the opposite by claiming homes loose value...

Thanks for playing...

BLACK LIVES MATTER!

As we become Greece.

Oh his spending will bite us all in the ass and only a dumb fuck doesn't see that. I sure hope we can survive four years of that incompetent stuttering fuck.

You can't fix stupid.

We are certain because of the massive amount of spending which requires printing a massive amount of money. QE was done under Obama too, no hyperinflation. This is completely out of control spending to the nth degree. You voted for it.

So, we'll see.

You’ll see. We know the ultimate result of Biden’s reckless spending and policies. The only thing we don’t know is if it possible that there are at least 1 or 2 sane Democrats to stop all the nonsense and anti-US policies, including expanding/packing the Supreme Court, ending the filibuster and election reform(fixing), which will secure elections for Democrats for decades. If these three things occur, our country is finished on all fronts. China will be happy.

Democrats are just outright pillaging the country.

God forbid that ANYONE give money to people in need. Corporations and the wealthy are the only ones entitled to "free shit". Giving money to people makes them lazy.

You're not entirely wrong on this one, but one question, what is a corporation made of?

You're looking for me to say "people", but that's not the correct answer. People manage corporations, they work for corporations, and they own corporations, but they are NOT corporations. A corporation is a legal entity having all of the rights of a natural person to own property, and to conduct business, in the ordinary course.

A corporation is made up of a charter, or an constating document setting out the name, purpose, initial share structure, and limitations of the corporation, and it's initial directors. There is a capital structure, share certificates, and a corporate minute book containing the By-laws and Resolutions of the Directors and Shareholders, The corporation is made up of assets owned by the corporation and liabilities owed by it.

All stimulus monies should be paid to the tax payers. Not the corporations who had their tax bills nearly cut in half from 35% to 21% - a permanent 40% tax reduction. Large multinational corporations were allowed a one-time opportunity to bring home capital overseas subsidiaries at the nominal tax rate of 10%. Capital which had be sitting in offshore accounts for a generation was brought home and the taxes collected on these funds resulted in big jump in corporate taxes paid in 2018. This one time repatriation of funds covered up true costs of the corporate tax cuts.

Almost none of this gift to corporations ended up in the hands of workers. 40% of this money went straight to the shareholders.

These people don't need stimulus money, but their workers do.
Gasoline? 87 Octane, not "name brand".
$2.89 at 5:30 this morning as I passed the gas station.
$3.09 when I returned from grocery shopping.
Exhausted from racing to stay ahead of the crew increasing the shelf prices only to learn that the "new" and "improved" (read: "higher" prices) were already in the checkout computers.
Front end manager says the chain's M.I.S. department is perfecting software that will raise the prices of items with product codes ending in odd numbers on Mondays, Wednesdays qne Fridays. UPC's ending in even numbers on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. They're arguing over whether on Sundays to leave all prices alone or just increase all prices at once.
Plan is to leave the percentage increase programmable up to midnight each night so a management team call review what Xiden said that day and how much room that gives them.

Think I'm kidding? Show on any three or rour (3 or 4, liberals) successive days; look at the UPC codes and prices.

Do you have any evidence that ANY of this is happening, or is this more right wing fear mongering.? I notice not one link is posted. It appears that the radical right has absolutely nothing to counter any of Biden's plan other than scare tactics.

You do understand that your food prices have gone up because there's no illegal immigrants to work in the fields or the processing plants, don't you? That the ONLY reason your food prices have been this cheap for this long is illegal immigration?

Or that your gas prices went up because OPEC cut production to drive up the price of gas?

Geezus Christo, she's loonier than I ever imagined. And that's saying something b/c I thought she was a loon BEFORE this response...

So in other words you've got nothing but insults. You didn't even comprehend my post and can't formulate an answer so you resort to insults.

Thanks for playing.

BLACK LIVES MATTER!

As we become Greece.

It's as simple as that.

Get it? No? Ok it is what it is, you can get back to your regularly scheduled life of never ending bs and ignorance.
I said it creates money, and yes it does. People who don't understand that are brainwashed minions.

BLACK LIVES MATTER!

As we become Greece.

It's as simple as that.

I said it creates money, and yes it does. People who don't understand that are brainwashed minions.

You read things but you can't seem to be able to understand them.

I wasn't nitpicking which exact way Fed Bank inflates their balances, by "printing money" or "QE" or whatever you want to call it. IT DOES NOT REDUCE DEFICITS, because deficits are simply a difference between what government recieves and spends.

During Carter's presidency defcit was only about 60 Billion (with very high inflation). You can compare to Reagan's 175billion dollar deficits(reduced inflation) and Bush Sr's 250 Billion (with normalized inflation).

Relationship simply has not been there in the modern history.

Last edited:
Do a search on this site and look at how many times I have posted about this. Its simple fucking math. Yes, I have a degree in finance and 25 years experience in corporate finance in the tech industry...but any fucking 4th grader can understand this math DOES NOT FUCKING WORK.

My lefty friends have said for years they dont care about the debt as long as they keep getting free shit. IT....IS....NOT...SUSTAINABLE.

Diversification into counter market investments is crucial now. And by the way...the Biden Gestapo will shut down cyrptocurrencies. It will happen. The Fed will demand it.

As soon as one realizes they WANT to collapse the economy and make the dollar worthless, everything comes into focus. People with even half a brain can see the train wreck in progress. I'd almost enjoy watching the reaction of the plantation-dwellers when they realize the party is well and truly over and even their free food will be in jeopardy. The blue cesspools will be a special kind of hellscape.
I live about 50 miles from a city of about 300 K people and fully expect to have to dissuade some of the more energetic Democrats who will flee it once they've looted every square inch of the available resources. Oh well... as they say, elections have consequences.

Forum List

Back