Biden is 'obsessed' with lowering 'outrageous' gas prices, so why did he RAISE prices???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011

Biden is 'obsessed' with lowering 'outrageous' gas prices, but presidents don't control prices, says Energy Secretary​

So "obsessed" but he RAISED prices!

Biden increases oil royalty rate and scales back lease sales on federal lands​

April 16, 20229:44 AM ET​

BILLINGS, Mont. — The Interior Department on Friday said it's moving forward with the first onshore sales of public oil and natural gas drilling leases under President Joe Biden, but will sharply increase royalty rates for companies as federal officials weigh efforts to fight climate change against pressure to bring down high gasoline prices.

The royalty rate for new leases will increase to 18.75% from 12.5%.
That's a 50% jump and marks the first increase to royalties for the federal government since they were imposed in the 1920s.

Please explain how someone who is "OBSESSED" with lowering gas prices...RAISES prices on royalty rates on federal lands???

Obviously he doesn't want to lower them. He just says he does to save face with the public and act like he wants to for approval ratings.

If he did want to lower them he could by simply reversing all his decisions that got us here. Trump had everything in order concerning gas but Biden came in and changed it all, all he has to do is change them back, but he won't.

He said he would declare war on fossil fuels and that's exactly what he did. Then stands around acting like he has no idea how it happened besides Putin and COVID.

He basically stood on live tv as everyone watched him set fire to a house, then stood there explaining someone else started the fire. Meanwhile he has a phone in his hand he could call 911 to get the fire department there and doesn't but instead says "I'm trying to figure out how we can stop this fire".

couldn't u find a news source that... is really a NEWS source?
Right I agree... CNN???
OK.. not really any better I agree!

Biden is 'obsessed' with lowering 'outrageous' gas prices, but presidents don't control prices, says Energy Secretary​

So "obsessed" but he RAISED prices!

Biden increases oil royalty rate and scales back lease sales on federal lands​

April 16, 20229:44 AM ET​

BILLINGS, Mont. — The Interior Department on Friday said it's moving forward with the first onshore sales of public oil and natural gas drilling leases under President Joe Biden, but will sharply increase royalty rates for companies as federal officials weigh efforts to fight climate change against pressure to bring down high gasoline prices.

The royalty rate for new leases will increase to 18.75% from 12.5%.
That's a 50% jump and marks the first increase to royalties for the federal government since they were imposed in the 1920s.

Please explain how someone who is "OBSESSED" with lowering gas prices...RAISES prices on royalty rates on federal lands???

Why do you object to taxpayers being fairly compensated?

Why do you object to taxpayers being fairly compensated?
Because the Federal government pays NO taxes, but collects taxes already from the oil companies!
Now since YOU don't deal in facts, here let me educate you with the FACTS!
The most astounding fact from this chart is the amount of taxes paid by the three oil companies on the list and their effective tax rates. ExxonMobil, Chevron, and ConocoPhillips collectively paid $59 billion dollars last year for an average effective tax rate of 44.7 percent for their taxes throughout the world.
And actually YOU and I paid those taxes when we bought gas!
So I have no problem with oil companies complaining about the government raising 50% the cost of leasing oil land!

How did he raise the gas prices in practically every other nation?
They were getting oil from the US when Trump was president, and now that's no longer happening, and they also can't get oil from Russia. So they also have shortages.

• Apr 20, 2022
The U.S. Department of Interior announced it is making only
20% of eligible acreage for oil and natural gas production available for leasing on federal lands to comply with a federal court order.

On Monday, the BLM issued final environmental assessments and sale notices for the upcoming oil and gas lease sales. It also increased the royalty rate to 18.75% to “ensure fair return for the American taxpayer and on par with rates charged by states and private landowners.”

So in the meantime Biden begs OPEC to increase sales to the USA.
and

OPEC+ agrees to pump more oil ahead of possible Biden Middle East trip​

The White House offered measured praise for the move, giving credit to Riyadh for acknowledging tight market conditions and pushing OPEC members to boost their production.

SO MUCH FOR Energy independence!

Last week I saw gas prices in the Coumbia SC area (where I now live) upwards of 4.59/gal. Today? I filled my tank at 4.22/gal. Prices are dropping, and hopefully that trend will continue. If it gets to around 3.10/gal, I can live with that.

Saw gas in Irmo (a suburb of Columbia SC) at 4.19 yesterday. Gas prices are dropping, and I hope they continue to do so.
That's good.
I just can't understand people ignoring Biden's latest gripe and ignorance about the gas station pricing!
I mean I'm not an expert for sure BUT unlike Biden I understand the links in the chain of oil exploration (affected by raising
government royalty by 50%) then Biden telling Americans he wants to see fossil fuels go out of business and execs going to jail.
So what would ANYONE think if the President wants your industry destroyed, your officers thrown in jail and the prices of oil
exploration going up 50%. All of these negative aspects go into prices climbing for oil refineries by the oil production companies, and the refineries raising their prices for gas stations who raise the prices for us!
Why is that so complicated for Joe LET alone his advisors? How complicated is that to understand?

Forum List

Back