Biden, in a Push to Phase Out Gas Cars, to Tighten Pollution Rules

Until you can charge an EV as fast as you fill up a tank of gas, they will be inferior to ICE vehicles.
Thats coming

electric propulsion offers many benefits such as lower maintenance costs

and they will eventually replace ICE’s

but there is no great rush to do so except in the fevered brains of greenies who think the world is coming to an end because of global warming IF WE DONT DO SOMETHING NOW!!!

Last edited:
Uh oh, Horse and Buggy drivers, more bad news:

For the first time since its founding in 1903, Ford Motor Company plans to spend more on electrified vehicles than internal combustion vehicles, and the first year when that will happen is 2023.

The timeline was mentioned by the automaker’s chief operating officer for North America, Lisa Drake, while discussing Ford’s investments in EVs at an event hosted by Barclays.

"In 2023 ... we'll spend more on EVs than we will on ICE. We’ve been over the moon about the success of Mach-E, and the F-150 Lightning, by bringing in over 70% new customers to the Ford brand. What that allows us to do is, now we have an opportunity not only to lead on our ICE business, but also in the EV space with F-150. So our aspirations are high."

While it's a bit unclear whether by EVs she meant all-electric vehicles or electrified vehicles (we're more inclined toward the latter), Ford's commitment to battery-powered vehicles seems serious. Earlier this year, Ford announced plans to increase its investments in electrification to $30 billion through 2025. Ford also expects to electrify 40% of its global lineup by 2030.

Thats coming

electric propulsion offers many benefits such as lower maintenance costs

and they will eventually replace ICE’s

but there is no great rush to do so except in the fevered brains of greenies who think the world is coming to an end because of global warming IF WE DONT DO SOMETHING NOW!!!

Well, you're half right, that's a huge step forward for someone of your intellect, and cause for celebration.

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

Your first sentence was the first thing I thought when I tried to read that other person's post. When I read that I stopped reading.

It's a waste of time to read such ridiculous garbage.

If someone lives that far from the beach they usually take an airplane.

They also don't take that trip more than once every few years.

We have charging stations here too. Even Walmart has them here in their parking lots. Same with many other retailers.

We need as many charging stations and as available as gas stations are now.

Exactly - Road trips can be fun. You just had a good long one. I don't do as many as I used to, but I don't remember ever driving more than 5 hours a day - 300 miles at 60-70 mph is well within range for most of these EVs.

Some of our gas stations have charging stations - even several of the bigger hotels. And the mall has a Tesla station that'll do around 15 cars at once. More are going in all the time.

These combustion people are stubborn lil things - but it WILL be their future despite the stomping of feet, gnashing of teeth, and YouTube videos of exploding batteries. ;)

They are you idiot, whether you like it or not. Give it a few years.
This will happen. But Progs are on a stage and will make tens of millions of people suffer as they always do to bring it in a few years earlier. China of course will do what they want. And since they will be building most of everything we use while not following green guidelines it will not make much of a difference.

When has a poor person ever had the money to buy a new vehicle?

Answer.......NEVER.

A poor person is going to buy a used vehicle.

They can buy a used electric vehicle just as easily and just a cheaper as a used gas vehicle.

No one is is hurting anyone.

Aww, the Martian kid is worried about black people again. Isn't that the cutest thing? :rolleyes-41:

Good news.

Charging stations are already in the parking lots of many retail stores here in the west.

Walmart has a long line of over 10 charging stations in their parking lots.

Walgreens, Safeway and others also have charging stations in their parking lots.

I was in Central Oregon in 2019 in a very small town called Detriot on highway 22. It was in the middle of nowhere. A very small town but they had a long line of charging stations. And cars were there charging.

It's happening here in the west. It needs to happen faster and throughout the whole nation.

Yep, I know Detroit and Detroit Lake - about an hour east of Salem on the Santiam Hwy. Tiny little town that was ravaged by wildfire last Fall but rebounding already. Doesn't surprise me that the more liberal western states are ahead of the curve on this.

But even Boise, ID has a Tesla dealership now. Daughter and I are gonna test drive a few when I'm there in a couple weeks!

452733db-d9e7-4020-a3a2-907160367e01-medium16x9_dji_0031_50373469171_o.jpg

Last edited:
Molten salt reactors are safe, some can even use nuclear waste as a fuel source and they provide electricity 24/7/365, rain or shine, day and night. Hydro and geothermal are the only two other sources of electricity that offer comparable levels of reliability and availability.

We need to start investing in nuclear now.

"Wind farms require up to 360 times as much land area to produce the same amount of electricity as a nuclear energy facility, a Nuclear Energy Institute analysis has found. Solar photovoltaic (PV) facilities require up to 75 times the land area."

You trust a study from the Nuclear Energy Institute ?? LoL!! :lol:

This a shitty thing for Joe Dufus to be doing. Joe Dufus is a fucking idiot.

LI batteries are terrible technology. They are an ecological disaster to produce and dispose of, they don't save any emissions, and they are heavy and don't keep much of a charge. Not to mention being a significant fire hazard.

There is potential better battery technology possible, like Solid State, but that has not been engineered yet.

By the way, Joe Dufus didn't invite the premier electric car manufacturer in the world to the stupid meeting. Tesla was not invited. The reason is obvious. Musk moved his manufacturing plant out of oppressive Democrat Commie California and moved it to a less regulation more business friendly right to work state Texas.

The UAW owns the fithy ass Democrat Party lock, stock and barrel and they don't like competition and shitheads like Joe Dufus kisses their asses.

I just bought a new Honda Pilot a month ago. I bet (should we chose to keep it that long) that it will be running a decade after any EV sold this year will be in the junk yard.

Not only that but it cost $15K less than an EV (without the stupid government subsidies)

What the dumbass Democrats are trying to do is force the US to be like the filthy European Union and impose all kinds of Economic growth disaster Environmental requirements.

That will be a disaster for the US just like it is a disaster for them.

How could anybody have been so stupid as to have voted for Joe Dufus and then ignore the fact he stole the election? Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Exactly - Road trips can be fun. You just had a good long one. I don't do as many as I used to, but I don't remember ever driving more than 5 hours a day - 300 miles at 60-70 mph is well within range for most of these EVs.

Some of our gas stations have charging stations - even several of the bigger hotels. And the mall has a Tesla station that'll do around 15 cars at once. More are going in all the time.

These combustion people are stubborn lil things - but it WILL be their future despite the stomping of feet, gnashing of teeth, and YouTube videos of exploding batteries. ;)

I love road trips too.

I don't drive more than one tank of gas. Which in my car is around 500 miles but I don't drain the tank. I take it down to about a two bars which is around 2 gallons then fill it. Which is around 400 miles. Since speed limits are 70 mph or more in other states, It doesn't take long to drive that far. What makes it take longer is stopping to take photos and enjoy the area. I hardly ever go directly somewhere. There's always side stops at cool out of the way places.

Sometimes I'll go farther but it's usually not worth tiring myself.

Yes the malls here have charging stations too. I've seen some charging stations at gas stations but not many.

I love road trips too.

I don't drive more than one tank of gas. Which in my car is around 500 miles but I don't drain the tank. I take it down to about a two bars which is around 2 gallons then fill it. Which is around 400 miles. Since speed limits are 70 mph or more in other states, It doesn't take long to drive that far. What makes it take longer is stopping to take photos and enjoy the area. I hardly ever go directly somewhere. There's always side stops at cool out of the way places.

Sometimes I'll go farther but it's usually not worth tiring myself.

Yes the malls here have charging stations too. I've seen some charging stations at gas stations but not many.

Tesla supercharger stations are an INCREDIBLE idea for malls.
Plug in, shop, and ready to rumble in around 90 minutes or less!

Matthew Lambert
"Right by the outlet mall."

Steven Palmer
"Back parking lot of the mall has plenty of charging stations. Half in use, plenty of open space, and easy access to a side entrance to the mall shopping area."

Delphi
"Great place to charge up while you shop at the outlet mall."

Yep, I know Detroit and Detroit Lake - about an hour east of Salem on the Santiam Hwy. Tiny little town that was ravaged by wildfire last Fall but rebounding already. Doesn't surprise me that the more liberal western states are ahead of the curve on this.

But even Boise, ID has a Tesla dealership now. Daughter and I are gonna test drive a few when I'm there in a couple weeks!

452733db-d9e7-4020-a3a2-907160367e01-medium16x9_dji_0031_50373469171_o.jpg

Oh man. That so sucks. Not far from there is a huge old wildfire area that goes on forever. I had never driven through a burned area so big that lasted so many miles. It was just too much, I pulled over and cried. Then I took photos of it.

I'm glad I got to photograph the area before it burned.

Something like that happened to a small town in California that a photo friend and I went through in late summer 2019. When we got to the town and saw it's name, we had to stop to take photos. We have a town called Paradise here but it's on the top of a very high mountain in Mt. Rainier National Park.

A couple weeks after we photographed it, it went up in flames. The wildfire was called the "Campfire" wildfire.

Something has to be done. We can't keep letting our forests be destroyed by fire.

Detroit had something I had not seen in several years. A public pay phone booth. So I took a shot of it. LOL.
Detroit#86.jpg
Detroit#89.jpg
Detroit#82.jpg
Detroit#80.jpg

No it hasn't
Yes, actually it has. Do you ever drive more than 8 hours to get to a beach? Well, then you're just as weird as Harley. For the love of God FLY - Actually cheaper even figuring in an Uber or two. But if you wanna make it a road trip, fine. Who drives more than 4 hours at a time without stopping 40 minutes for gas and a bite to eat anyway?

How long does it take to charge a Tesla using a Supercharging station? Superchargers can recharge a vehicle's battery up to 80% in just about 40 minutes. After the battery reaches 80%, it will begin to charge slower to protect the battery's health until it reaches a full charge.

Forum List

Back