Biden, in a Push to Phase Out Gas Cars, to Tighten Pollution Rules

There couldn't be a better or more succinct description of the neo-Marxists who now own and operate the Democrat Party.
You have a one track mind speaking dodo when dodo is not even part of this forums topic.
As best you can, try to at least rephrase your one liner dodo

Just friendly advise

:)-

Not to mention that IF your new EV even GETS the stated driving range in ACTUAL USE they claim from factory tests, it is likely that as time goes on with use your range capacity will DROP.

I'm betting a typical EV with a range of 250 miles, by the time its batteries reach middle of their lifespan, that range will drop to more like 200 miles.

Then there is the cost of replacing those batteries.

• More expensive car.
  • Less driving range.
  • Inconvenient "fill ups."
  • Soaring cost of electricity (you bet)
  • High maintenence cost of replacing batteries.
  • Eventual waiting list to GET the batteries, due to environmental impact and government restrictions on how many / how often you can buy them.
Then after all of that, officials will never be able to show or demonstrate any measurable impact on reducing "climate change."

You left out no costly repairs like those found with ICE vehicles, as maintenance costs are nothing compared to conventional combustion engines.

But you keep spending your money, it's good for the economy.

You left out no costly repairs like those found with ICE vehicles, as maintenance costs are nothing compared to conventional combustion engines.
My maintenance cost on my 20 year old car in the past SEVERAL years has been:
  • Inspection.
  • Gas.
  • Annual oil change.
  • One fuel pump.
Cost of car: I could buy TWELVE of my cars for the cost of one CHEAP EV. Meantime, car launches like a rocket with a V6 DOHC fuel injected hemi, body is mint, sunroof, leather interior seats 5 comfortably, big trunk, traction control, power everything, cruise, AC, and premium 6-CD changer AM/FM cassette sound system.

But you keep spending your money, it's good for the economy.
I'm spending NOTHING idiot.

Meantime, EVs will cost THOUSANDS of automotive worker jobs, and put a lot of mechanics out of business, and when your EV does break down, it'll REALLY Be expensive to fix.

Add to that, have you even asked where all the electricity is coming from? Most of it is generated by COAL, and hydro damns (whose reservoirs are running dry), and the grid is already overtaxed and fragile. What will Californians do when they shut down the grid during high wind to prevent forest fires? Imagine thousands stranded on the highway because the power has been cut for miles and miles.

Then there is the mining of all that lithium from China. Yum. There will be power shortages, brown outs, panic, and all this will drive the cost of electricity SKY HIGH.

When this hosebag halfcocked solution blows up in your face and you are sitting there stranded with no power or an enemy takes out the grid with an EMP and your car is nothing but a big paper weight, and the cost of automobiling has SKYROCKETED to where you must limit trips and vacations, I'll be sure to honk as I drive by. :SMILEW~130:

You people need to be a little more inventive in order to solve this problem.

So far, the only drawback in electric cars is the charge time, what an inconvenience it is.

There is a solution
You do not charge your battery, you exchange it.

I see it happening this way, just like you drive into a car wash where you drive between two metal rails until the red stop like comes on then the wash begins, instead of a wash or at the same time an underground machine reaches up to the bottom of your car, removes the discharged battery and replaces it with a charged one.
This may take three (3) minutes or five (5) if you want your car washed too.

Last edited:
You people need to be a little more inventive in order to solve this problem.

So far, the only drawback in electric cars is the charge time, what an inconvenience it is.

There is a solution
You do not charge your battery, you exchange it.

I see it happening this way, just like you drive into a car wash where you drive between two metal rails until the red stop like comes on then the wash begins, instead of a was or at the same time an underground machine reaches up to the bottom of your car, removes the discharged battery and replaces it with a charged one.
This may take three (3) minutes or five (5) if you want your car washed too.
That will be unnecessary as charge times increase, in fact, you can pull over for a 50% charge for 7 minutes or a 90% charge for 15 minutes will be likely very soon. Charging stations will be located next to stores, restaurants, and coffee shops, like gas stations are. For a charge of your car to go 500 miles, a 15 minute wait is nothing. The dinosaurs on this thread won't give up their horse and buggy, but they are going extinct, and the future looks exciting.

In the continuing run-up to the electric future:

President Biden on Thursday will roll out a two-step strategy that uses tailpipe regulations to try to rapidly shift Americans from gasoline-powered cars and trucks toward electric vehicles — a central part of his plan to cut pollution that is heating the planet.
Mr. Biden plans to first restore and slightly strengthen auto mileage standards to the levels that existed under President Barack Obama but were weakened during the Trump administration. Next, his administration will draft a set of even more stringent auto pollution rules for both passenger vehicles and heavy-duty trucks that are designed to ramp up sales of electric vehicles.

“When I say electric vehicles are the future, I’m not joking,” Mr. Biden wrote in a tweet on Wednesday evening. “Tune in for big news tomorrow.”
He will also sign an executive order that sets a target that half of all vehicles sold in the United States be powered by batteries, fuel cells or be hybrid electric by 2030.
In a signal of industry support, the president will be flanked by the chief executives of the nation’s three largest automakers as well as the head of the United Auto Workers. The automakers will pledge that 40 to 50 percent of their new car sales will be electric vehicles by 2030, up from just 2 percent this year — on the condition that Congress passes a $1 trillion infrastructure bill that calls for $7.5 billion for a national network of electric vehicle charging stations.
That goal faces several challenges.
Experts say it will not be possible for electric vehicles to go from niche to mainstream without making electric charging stations as ubiquitous as the corner gas station is today. And while labor leaders will attend the White House event, they remain concerned about a wholesale shift to electric vehicles, which require fewer workers to assemble.
But without a radical change to the type of vehicles Americans drive, it will be impossible for Mr. Biden to meet his ambitious pledge to cut planet-warming emissions by 50 percent from 2005 levels by the end of this decade. Gasoline-powered cars and trucks are the largest single source of greenhouse gases produced in the United States, accounting for 28 percent of the nation’s total carbon emissions.

Yep thank Chairman Xiden!!!!

How China Dominates Global Battery Supply Chain​

Then there is the mining of all that lithium from China. Yum. There will be power shortages, brown outs, panic, and all this will drive the cost of electricity SKY HIGH.

And Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, OH MY!

Lithium mining is being done in Australia and Chile, you idiot, and we probably have enough to mine right here in the good old U.S.A. in the McDermitt Caldera, which is due to happen next year.

That will be unnecessary as charge times increase,
I like your response, but I would rather replace the battery instead. This way I will only have to pay for the first battery, the rest come free, it is just the charge I am paying for.

And Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, OH MY!

Lithium mining is being done in Australia and Chile, you idiot, and we probably have enough to mine right here in the good old U.S.A. in the McDermitt Caldera, which is due to happen next year.

You just REFUSE to get. It isn't any one thing it is the combination of like TEN major long term liabilities to EVs when they are FORCED upon people by government as a takeaway of FREE MARKET FORCES for the CONSUMER to naturally pick which type vehicle naturally serves them best!

Not only isn't it any fucking business what brand, model or type car you like, but by FORCING you to have no other choice, they guarantee the EV market will be fraught with all kinds of seen and unseen problems and liabilities not yet understood or willingly admitted to.

And it just opens the door to next mandating what type of home you live in, because, if your home is wasting energy, then THAT IS AS BAD AS THE CAR!

First it was healthcare, now the vaccine, then what you drive, then the government will take away single family private home ownership for all but the elite and will plunk you down in some cheap row-house they RENT to you.

After that, it will be the job you do and the food you eat.

You're either too STUPID to see it or you may actually think you WANT the government running your lives right down to planning your family.

I guarantee you this is all in the planning by the ruling elite that want that for everyone but THEMSELVES.

You are a problem to them to be MANAGED.

I like your response, but I would rather replace the battery instead. This way I will only have to pay for the first battery, the rest come free, it is just the charge I am paying for.
Have you heard of NIO? They are proposing something similar, but it's not the hassle of removing and reinstalling a new battery (although your suggestion might someday become a possibility)

What I believe NIO is doing (they are China's Tesla and are making really nice cars) is they will swap out batteries for the life of the car, as long as you own it, you have any problems, they'll replace the battery for you.

In the continuing run-up to the electric future:

President Biden on Thursday will roll out a two-step strategy that uses tailpipe regulations to try to rapidly shift Americans from gasoline-powered cars and trucks toward electric vehicles — a central part of his plan to cut pollution that is heating the planet.
Mr. Biden plans to first restore and slightly strengthen auto mileage standards to the levels that existed under President Barack Obama but were weakened during the Trump administration. Next, his administration will draft a set of even more stringent auto pollution rules for both passenger vehicles and heavy-duty trucks that are designed to ramp up sales of electric vehicles.

“When I say electric vehicles are the future, I’m not joking,” Mr. Biden wrote in a tweet on Wednesday evening. “Tune in for big news tomorrow.”
He will also sign an executive order that sets a target that half of all vehicles sold in the United States be powered by batteries, fuel cells or be hybrid electric by 2030.
In a signal of industry support, the president will be flanked by the chief executives of the nation’s three largest automakers as well as the head of the United Auto Workers. The automakers will pledge that 40 to 50 percent of their new car sales will be electric vehicles by 2030, up from just 2 percent this year — on the condition that Congress passes a $1 trillion infrastructure bill that calls for $7.5 billion for a national network of electric vehicle charging stations.
That goal faces several challenges.
Experts say it will not be possible for electric vehicles to go from niche to mainstream without making electric charging stations as ubiquitous as the corner gas station is today. And while labor leaders will attend the White House event, they remain concerned about a wholesale shift to electric vehicles, which require fewer workers to assemble.
But without a radical change to the type of vehicles Americans drive, it will be impossible for Mr. Biden to meet his ambitious pledge to cut planet-warming emissions by 50 percent from 2005 levels by the end of this decade. Gasoline-powered cars and trucks are the largest single source of greenhouse gases produced in the United States, accounting for 28 percent of the nation’s total carbon emissions.

I bought my first hybrid car in 2001. I made the decision to never buy a regular gas vehicle again.

I have not bought a regular gas car since I made that decision.

The hybrid I drive now is the fourth one I've owned.

The emissions are so low, I don't have to get my car smog checked. I haven't had to get a car smog checked since the 90s when I owned a regular gas car.

I wish more people had converted to hybrid and other alternative energy vehicles back then. We probably wouldn't be in the mess with climate change now if more people had converted to those vehicles.

Tesla announced yesterday they will have a fully electric car that costs 25 thousand dollars on the market in the next couple years so more people can afford an all electric car.

I'm glad to see Biden taking the situation seriously and taking concrete measures that will help the situation.

I didn't realize how bad a regular gas car smelled until I started driving a hybrid car.

Wow do regular gas cars stink to high heaven. I used to think that cigarette smoke was bad but it's nothing like the stench of a regular gas vehicle. When I was on chemo the stench of a regular gas vehicle literally made me vomit. It now just makes me feel like I'm going to vomit.

Who drives 8 hours to go to the beach? That's goofy dude. I live on the beach. 95% of our weekenders come in from Portland or Salem metro areas. That's a 90 minute to 2 hour drive or 240 miles max round trip.

I see a TON of Teslas on weekends. They don't even have to charge prior to returning. But if they wanted to, we have 7 charging stations within a ten mile stretch of the coast here.

You should fly if you're really that far from a beach. ;)

Your first sentence was the first thing I thought when I tried to read that other person's post. When I read that I stopped reading.

It's a waste of time to read such ridiculous garbage.

If someone lives that far from the beach they usually take an airplane.

They also don't take that trip more than once every few years.

We have charging stations here too. Even Walmart has them here in their parking lots. Same with many other retailers.

We need as many charging stations and as available as gas stations are now.

Last edited:
Handlers are now dancing this dumb JoeXi POSPOTUS c.u.n.t. as a distraction to dilute Americans divided on vaccination. And this during the (fourth [italics]) wave of the commie virus.

See how the left cheers ANY proposal that hurts poor and working people more? And, especially non-white poor and working people.

When has a poor person ever had the money to buy a new vehicle?

Answer.......NEVER.

A poor person is going to buy a used vehicle.

They can buy a used electric vehicle just as easily and just a cheaper as a used gas vehicle.

No one is is hurting anyone.

That will be unnecessary as charge times increase, in fact, you can pull over for a 50% charge for 7 minutes or a 90% charge for 15 minutes will be likely very soon. Charging stations will be located next to stores, restaurants, and coffee shops, like gas stations are. For a charge of your car to go 500 miles, a 15 minute wait is nothing. The dinosaurs on this thread won't give up their horse and buggy, but they are going extinct, and the future looks exciting.

Good news.

Charging stations are already in the parking lots of many retail stores here in the west.

Walmart has a long line of over 10 charging stations in their parking lots.

Walgreens, Safeway and others also have charging stations in their parking lots.

I was in Central Oregon in 2019 in a very small town called Detriot on highway 22. It was in the middle of nowhere. A very small town but they had a long line of charging stations. And cars were there charging.

It's happening here in the west. It needs to happen faster and throughout the whole nation.

Why not make electric vehicles that out-compete ICE vehicles instead of trying to de facto ban them?
Thats too difficult for libs who expect instant gratification

Its as if teddy roosevelt “encouraged” farmers to buy tractors by shooting all their horses and mules

And its the same story with high speed rail that libs are so hot for

They are unwilling to engineer the trains in America but instead want to buy them from other countries

Time to start building molten salt nuclear reactors in order to provide a safe and reliable source of electricity.

Molten salt reactors are safe, some can even use nuclear waste as a fuel source and they provide electricity 24/7/365, rain or shine, day and night. Hydro and geothermal are the only two other sources of electricity that offer comparable levels of reliability and availability.

We need to start investing in nuclear now.

"Wind farms require up to 360 times as much land area to produce the same amount of electricity as a nuclear energy facility, a Nuclear Energy Institute analysis has found. Solar photovoltaic (PV) facilities require up to 75 times the land area."

Forum List

Back