Biden demands ban on ‘assault weapons,’ high-capacity magazines in first speech to Congress

Oh yes. You explained because they do it illegally, they feel guilty and turn themselves in. No need to bother the guy selling them the gun; convicted felons, kids and the mentally impaired all have a conscience and will voluntarily run to the nearest Fed and confess. Gotcha. Matter of fact, just knowing the universal background law won’t pass, has cause a mass confessional for all convicted felons carrying guns. The police stations are overwhelmed with criminals turning their guns in cause…..gee, they know they’re illegal. Right.

That is stupid.
All people have an inherent right of self defense, so have the right to be armed.
There is no legal means of stopping them.
Even kids traditionally could and did grab the shotgun over the mantel when necessary.
The feds need to butt out.
They have ZERO jurisdiction.

Oh, the drug dealers sell them to other criminals. So they manufacture them ? Or, do they grow them on trees. I heat there’s a gun tree in every state that druggies go to get their guns to sell to other felons. Amazing.

The guns come from the same places as the drugs.
There are hundreds of gun makers in South America.
And it is easy to get illegal Chinese or Pakistani arms as well.
Where do you think illegal drugs come from, some farmer in Illinois?

Having nothing to do with the appropriateness, efficacy, or Constitutionality of firearm regulatory measures.

Criminals violate all manner of laws – from speed limits to murder; that criminals don’t obey laws doesn’t mean we should get rid of speed limits or not prosecute murderers.

No firearm regulatory measure is intended to act as a ‘panacea’ to all gun crime and violence.

Wrong.
Speed limits are not intended to cause fines or jail time, but to advise people how to be safe.
Murder is inherently wrong.
Gun ownership is an inherent right of self defense.
So gun control is inherently wrong, corrupt, and in violation of legal principles.
If a person is so dangerous they should not be allowed to be armed, then they should not be out on the street at all.
Thinking convoluted gun control laws that violate inherent principles will help, is insane.
Instead, it makes honest people realize the government is out of control and needs to be destroyed.

All people have an inherent right of self defense, so have the right to be armed.
Of course, you do understand that every Supreme Court decision concerning firearm regulations say…. People don’t have the “inherent“ right to possess a firearm or any of the Bill of Rights. You’re wrong conflating self defense with right to possess a firearm.. You just made up shit to conflate one with the other.

So the solution is to, keep pumping guns into the hands of criminals.
Thats a bad idea

if criminals even touch a gun lock thrm up and throw away the key

you want to punish good people instead of the bums who are causing the trouble

Of course, you do understand that every Supreme Court decision concerning firearm regulations say…. People don’t have the “inherent“ right to possess a firearm or any of the Bill of Rights. You’re wrong conflating self defense with right to possess a firearm.. You just made up shit to conflate one with the other.

And obviously the SCOTUS should be strung up on light poles, ever since the Dred Scott Decision.
The 2nd Amendment is VERY clear in that there is to never be ANY federal firearm laws.
Obviously all individuals have the inherent right of defense.
How do you propose anyone defense themselves without a firearm?
Were there any frontier homes without a firearm over the mantel?
If you were to claim that police make self defense no longer necessary, that would obviously be wrong now, and much more so in the future when police become as abusive as the KGB, Stasi, Tonton Macaque, etc.

Thats a bad idea

Labeling people as substandard less than citizens, after they have served their sentence, is not legal and is totally corrupt.
Either all people have inherent rights or not.

Labeling people as substandard less than citizens, after they have served their sentence, is not legal and is totally corrupt.
Convicted felons still have some rights

but voting or owning firearms are not among those rights

I dont think so

most of us do not want to pay a fortune for gasoline

greenie hate for fossil fuel can drag the entire economy down
That's the point. The KGB and agents of international marxism promoted the environutjob movement for no other reason than to crush the US Economy and paralyze our industries. Now there was certainly some concern about the effects industry had on our environment as it was developing, it was getting addressed and efforts were made to stop pollution and clean up the damage.

The same can not be said about the USSR or the CHI-Com despotic shit hole. Some of the most god forsaken environments still exist in countries and places the soviets controlled. The CHI-Coms exist with constant grey skies and toxic shit all over the place. Try and protest in China and see what happens to you. Yet here in the US protesters, unions, the media, and other apparatchiks were allowed to destroy massive industries while communist regimes struggled to establish production and made huge swaths of land entirely uninhabitable to this day. The soviets destroyed an entire inland sea. There are lakes as larges as the Finger Lakes of NY that are so toxic and radioactive that nothing can live in them. There was no soviet Ira Einhorn creating an "Earth Day" in the USSR while his girlfriend's corpse rotted in some luggage in his attic.

The US has the cleanest, nicest environment on all of the first world dirt BECAUSE of the free market and ability of people to protest and drag large corporations into courts.

I suppose an argument could be made that the USSR and spies HELPED us in a way, and that the neo-green turds have some good ideas, but to destroy our entire economy before these changes can be made is as stupid as not knowing why that switch near your sink just makes noise rather than turning on a light.

Convicted felons still have some rights

but voting or owning firearms are not among those rights
I would actually side with the bed wetter, although I doubt he agrees with me, because of course bed wetting leftist parasites are deliberately ignorant and will contradict themselves when they have to acknowledge reality. If a person is a released felon, he should be able to carry a gun. Voting isn't even an issue, I don't care if the original crime was stuffing ballot boxes.

If the individual is allowed on the street again as a matter of law because the legal system releases people into the public then they're full blown citizens if they were in the first place. The bigger problem is we have hordes of NON-citizens in prison getting out, committing crimes and being released rather than stuffed into green energy methods of returning them across our border.

Treb.gif

It is my argument, one that I have been vehemently hollering from rooftops and all over the internet is that the solution to criminal behavior is the arming of potential victims will keep order, not divisions of local government commissioned soldiers who just might happen to be close by when an emergency happens to you, but may take several minutes or longer to assist you.

Last edited:
Actually it does.
A democratic republic does have to be a country full of gun nuts instead of a mercenary elite military that takes orders only from a dictatorship.

And "well regulated" just means they are practiced and good at it, not that there is some sort of central control.
Its not my problem you misinterprete it. The problem is you think it gives permission for an army of ratbag rednecks to prance around expanding their egos. Waving guns around like rambo. Tough guys that have never fired a shot in anger. Go away you fool.

Outside of a war zone, does a person REALLY need the ability to throw 30 rounds down range in less than 20 seconds?

Me? I'm retired U.S. Navy, and on one tour was also a member of the Security Force (basically base police). And, while we had .45's and then switched to 9mm, which are semi automatic weapons, we never had more than 10 rounds of ammo in the gun at any time. And, it's really easy to reload a 9mm, which can be done in 2 seconds or less.

But, our Gunny also taught us ammo control, meaning shoot 2 or 3 rounds, stop, reassess the situation, and fire another 2-3 if required. When we went to the range, we had to fire from several different positions (standing, through a window, through a door, behind a barrier, etc.), and each station required only a certain amount of rounds. If you got to the last couple of stations and ran out of ammo before completing them, the Gunny had your ass for lunch.
If you had a home invasion involving multiple invaders a 30 round magazine might come in handy.

I remember a gun store owner tell a story about a home invasion involving his teen aged daughter.

Some fool tried to break into his home while his daughter was there alone. He was trying to break the door down so she grabbed an M1 carbine and emptied a 30 magazine through the door.

That discouraged the intruder but apparently he escaped without injury.

Of course I am not recommending shooting through doors. I would calmly wait until the intruder broke the door down and made entry before I would open fire.

I still wonder what the intruder thought when bullet holes started to appear in the door.

The gun store owner was glad his daughter survived but pissed that he had to replace the door.

Oh, now you’re claiming that every gun felons use in the US is a Taurus ? Really ?
Here is a list of guns used by felons. Gee, no Taurus. Glocks are made in Smyrna USA as well as Ruger colts etc. Now we know you’re full of shot. It’s been fun. Now spread you BS elsewhere.
  • Glock 19. ity. ...
  • Glock 22. ...
  • Smith & Wesson M&P 9. ...
  • Beretta Model 92. ...
  • Sig Sauer P226. ...
  • Heckler and Koch HK45. ...
  • Ruger LC9. ...
  • Colt M1911.

Last edited:
Thats a bad idea

So, now you’re claiming that criminals turn themselves in whenever they touch a gun ? Amazing. Maybe their moms do.

They don’t. There are no inherent rights in the bill of rights. Nine, nada nix.
Every Supreme Court decision had said so. No exceptions. I guess the Supreme Court has been wrong since the constitution was written. Of course the constitution GIVES the power to the judiciary to make those decisions.

If you had a home invasion involving multiple invaders a 30 round magazine might come in handy.

I remember a gun store owner tell a story about a home invasion involving his teen aged daughter.

Some fool tried to break into his home while his daughter was there alone. He was trying to break the door down so she grabbed an M1 carbine and emptied a 30 magazine through the door.

That discouraged the intruder but apparently he escaped without injury.

Of course I am not recommending shooting through doors. I would calmly wait until the intruder broke the door down and made entry before I would open fire.

I still wonder what the intruder thought when bullet holes started to appear in the door.

The gun store owner was glad his daughter survived but pissed that he had to replace the door.
This happens all the time. Gun store owners have no reason to make up shit to sell guns. Neither do car salesmen. It must be fact. Home invasions are running ramped.

But gee, no ones reporting them. Let’s just use the official stats from the nra gun store owners. Oh, and they’re all little girls shooting back.

In reality, the opposite occurs. American gun makers are arming the cartels. So you really are just throwing BS out there.

Having nothing to do with the appropriateness, efficacy, or Constitutionality of firearm regulatory measures.

Criminals violate all manner of laws – from speed limits to murder; that criminals don’t obey laws doesn’t mean we should get rid of speed limits or not prosecute murderers.

No firearm regulatory measure is intended to act as a ‘panacea’ to all gun crime and violence.
Though I agree in general, felons do bend over backwards not to be stopped for traffic violations. Having a stolen car registration run through a computer for a traffic violation is a bad day for any crook. All the tv and movie shows showing felons hot rodding around town is fake news. Car registration are a major crime prevention “weapon.”

Biden demands ban on ‘assault weapons,’ high-capacity magazines in first speech to Congress
29 Apr 2021 ~~ By Liz George

In his first speech before both chambers of Congress, President Joe Biden focused heavily on his administration’s gun control agenda, calling once again for “reasonable reforms” on firearms, including a ban on “assault weapons” and high-capacity magazines.
“We need a ban on assault weapons and high—capacity magazines again. Don’t tell me it can’t be done. We’ve done it before … and it worked,” Biden asserted in his speech. “Talk to most responsible gun owners, most hunters – they’ll tell you there’s no possible justification for having 100 rounds – 100 bullets – in a weapon. They will tell you that there are too many people today who are able to buy a gun, but who shouldn’t be able to.”
~SNIP~
In 2004, the Department of Justice National Institute of Justice issued a report stating that the 1994 “assault weapons” ban did not actually reduce crime.

Comment:
I’m sure that law enforcement all across the nation are busy today ridding themselves "Assault Weapons" and Large capacity magazines that hold more than seven rounds ( a very popular New York solution except for NYPD).
Most states with the U.S. have limits on the number of rounds that can be loaded in a rifle or shotgun.
For rifles hunting big game (Deer, boar, elk or bear) rifles are limited to 4 in the magazine/clip, or tube. For shotguns the normally loads are three in the magazine/tube and one round chambered.
Obviously both the president and his handlers know little about hunting laws or what is manufactured within the sporting arms industry of America.
While the popular AR-15 system is now calibered from .22 cal, 5.56/.223, 6.5mm, 6.8mm .300 Blackout, 7.62x39mm and .308 calibers.
The system created by Eugene Stoner like Kalashnikov has outlived his name.
Unlike the mlitary M4A1 Carbine is only manufactured for war in one standard caliber 5.56mm NATO and may be fitted with a selective fully automatic trigger assembly where the AR-15 is not. .
IOW Biden wants a few cosmetic doodads that have absolutely no effect on a rifle's performance to be banned again

IOW Biden wants a few cosmetic doodads that have absolutely no effect on a rifle's performance to be banned again
It all depends upon how the law is written. In some states and countries that do restrict assault weapons, the regulation is revisited regularly and a new list is published of violating firearms as the makers, as they usually do, try to circumvent the regulations. It’s not up to Biden to actually write the laws.

Forum List

Back