Biden demands ban on ‘assault weapons,’ high-capacity magazines in first speech to Congress

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
I've already got all the high capacity magazines I need.

In his first speech before both chambers of Congress, President Joe Biden focused heavily on his administration’s gun control agenda, calling once again for “reasonable reforms” on firearms, including a ban on “assault weapons” and high-capacity magazines.
“We need a ban on assault weapons and high—capacity magazines again. Don’t tell me it can’t be done. We’ve done it before … and it worked,” Biden asserted in his speech. “Talk to most responsible gun owners, most hunters – they’ll tell you there’s no possible justification for having 100 rounds – 100 bullets – in a weapon. They will tell you that there are too many people today who are able to buy a gun, but who shouldn’t be able to.”
Biden said gun-control advocates “beat the NRA” in the 1990s with the passage of universal background checks and a ban on so-called assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. He claimed that “mass shootings and gun violence declined,” but the law expired in the early 2000s and “we’ve seen the daily bloodshed since.”
Biden also called for the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act and the banning of home-made “ghost guns.”
“I will do everything in my power to protect the American people from this epidemic of gun violence. But it’s time for Congress to act as well. We need more Senate Republicans to join with the overwhelming majority of their Democratic colleagues, and close loopholes and require background checks to purchase a gun,” Biden said.
The National Rifle Association shot back at Biden on social media, tweeting, “Biden just touted the ’94 Assault Weapons Ban during his #PresidentialAddress. In ’94, Americans owned 850,000 AR-15s. Even the Clinton DOJ proved this ban to be a failure. Today, the ban is long gone & law-abiding Americans own 20 million AR-15s.”
“Who beat who, Mr. President?”
In 2004, the Department of Justice National Institute of Justice issued a report stating that the 1994 “assault weapons” ban did not actually reduce crime.
“We cannot clearly credit the ban with any of the nation’s recent drop in gun violence. And, indeed, there has been no discernible reduction in the lethality and injuriousness of gun violence,” the report stated, according to a copy which was viewed by The Washington Times at the time.
The report noted that the “assault weapons” were “rarely used in gun crimes before the ban.”
“Should it be renewed, the ban’s effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement,” the report continued, later stating, “The ban’s effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement.”
Biden said the “reasonable reforms” he’s proposing have the “overwhelming support” of Americans “including many gun owners.” He then pressured Congress to take action, saying gun control isn’t a “Red vs. Blue issue. It’s an American issue.”
“When the President of the United States says you don’t need guns and ammo…YOU NEED GUNS AND AMMO,” the NRA tweeted.

It hasn't been done before. There never was a ban.
Are you REALLY saying you believe that the government 1. has a RIGHT to ignore 2A, and 2. should actually attempt to confiscate what amounts to a couple of hundred MILLION semi-automatic firearms?
I'd really be interested in your logic and your prescription for how such a "ban" would be accomplished. Never mind the nonsense of saying we're only talking about semi-auto "assault rifles" because the goals are to remove ALL auto-loaders, including ALL semi-auto handguns - which kill FAR, FAR more people than any other weapon.
So... please enlighten us with how you believe this should be done.

We do not need, a President, or Governor , or any politicians telling a citizens what weapons that we need or don't need.! Assault weapons, extended ammo magazines, or semi automatic hand guns is your right to decide if you want them or not. This is a very dangerous situation that we have the Government telling us what we can or can not have.!! I urge you all to think about. Whats next ? , the confiscation of all your weapons.?? We can not allow this mindset to continue.!!What about Terrorists?
Is any one telling them that they can not have a fully automatic AK47?!

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

This is nothing more than trying to disarm Americans so they dont have the ability to fight back against a tyrannical government.
If they truly cared about gun violence they be going after pistols in the hands of ghetto dwellers which cause far more geaths than so called assault rifles.

Whats next,? President Biden? I want you all to turn in all your weapons. The Democrats ultimate goal is to disarm everyone in America. Not going to happen.

This is nothing more than trying to disarm Americans so they dont have the ability to fight back against a tyrannical government.
If they truly cared about gun violence they be going after pistols in the hands of ghetto dwellers which cause far more geaths than so called assault rifles.

So tell me Phucknob.
Why dont dems want to take pistols which cause far more deaths than so called assault rifles?
Answer me that if you can.

So tell me Phucknob.
Why dont dems want to take pistols which cause far more deaths than so called assault rifles?

Ask as an adult.

Old Joe often resorts to fractured cliches and republicans don't have the advantage of a tax exempt propaganda network like Media Matters that analyzes every word of (only) conservative speech so Biden gets a pass on gaffes and outright lies. High capacity magazines might be a legitimate issue for debate but we haven't really nailed down a definition for "assault weapons". Bayonet lugs, are you kidding?

So tell me Phucknob.

Ask as an adult.

So you admit you're a child.
I guess I should have known by your previous replies.

In his first speech before both chambers of Congress, President Joe Biden focused heavily on his administration’s gun control agenda, calling once again for “reasonable reforms” on firearms, including a ban on “assault weapons” and high-capacity magazines.
“We need a ban on assault weapons and high—capacity magazines again. Don’t tell me it can’t be done. We’ve done it before … and it worked,” Biden asserted in his speech. “Talk to most responsible gun owners, most hunters – they’ll tell you there’s no possible justification for having 100 rounds – 100 bullets – in a weapon. They will tell you that there are too many people today who are able to buy a gun, but who shouldn’t be able to.”
Biden said gun-control advocates “beat the NRA” in the 1990s with the passage of universal background checks and a ban on so-called assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. He claimed that “mass shootings and gun violence declined,” but the law expired in the early 2000s and “we’ve seen the daily bloodshed since.”
Biden also called for the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act and the banning of home-made “ghost guns.”
“I will do everything in my power to protect the American people from this epidemic of gun violence. But it’s time for Congress to act as well. We need more Senate Republicans to join with the overwhelming majority of their Democratic colleagues, and close loopholes and require background checks to purchase a gun,” Biden said.
The National Rifle Association shot back at Biden on social media, tweeting, “Biden just touted the ’94 Assault Weapons Ban during his #PresidentialAddress. In ’94, Americans owned 850,000 AR-15s. Even the Clinton DOJ proved this ban to be a failure. Today, the ban is long gone & law-abiding Americans own 20 million AR-15s.”
In 2004, the Department of Justice National Institute of Justice issued a report stating that the 1994 “assault weapons” ban did not actually reduce crime.
“We cannot clearly credit the ban with any of the nation’s recent drop in gun violence. And, indeed, there has been no discernible reduction in the lethality and injuriousness of gun violence,” the report stated, according to a copy which was viewed by The Washington Times at the time.
The report noted that the “assault weapons” were “rarely used in gun crimes before the ban.”
“Should it be renewed, the ban’s effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement,” the report continued, later stating, “The ban’s effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement.”
Biden said the “reasonable reforms” he’s proposing have the “overwhelming support” of Americans “including many gun owners.” He then pressured Congress to take action, saying gun control isn’t a “Red vs. Blue issue. It’s an American issue.”
“When the President of the United States says you don’t need guns and ammo…YOU NEED GUNS AND AMMO,” the NRA tweeted.
and I demand he shut the fuck up before someone shoves his mouth full of something long and stinky.

Biden didn't do anything out of the ordinary. He is just one stupid piece of shit. At this time I would like to apologize to any piece of shit I might have offended.

Why do you need high capacity magazines? Are the deer that aggressive where you live?

Forum List

Back