Biden considers raising capital gains tax to nearly 44%

Long term capital gain should be taxed at the same rate labor income is taxed.

Why?

Because income is income.

That does not answer the question or justify as to why capital gains invested with labor income that has already been taxed should be taxed again at the same rate. The incentive to invest becomes severely diminished when the risk + capital gains taxed at same income tax rate.

Why does holding on to an asset for more that a year qualify that income for a lower tax rate than a citizens hourly wage or salary for that year? I've had that 401K for decades but if I take a withdrawal I still pay todays tax rate.

What are Biden and the Dems going to do with all the money they steal? My guess is pocket it. If you even dare be successful Dems will PUNISH you with a PUNISHMENT TAX.

what are you saying? what's long term capital gains? capital gains isn't realized until sold. It could be any value at the time of sale, could even be a loss? you're ignorant on the subject I suppose.

I see what you're saying. It is an asset held for longer than a year. If realized within a year it is considered regular income. I love you guys, you make me laugh.

When you consider that Biden has done nothing but mooch off taxpayers for 47 years now you get why he and Dem losers who can't hold down a real job want to steal money from those who earn it.

Investopedia

Capital Gains Tax

JASON FERNANDO

Reviewed by
LEA D. URADU

Updated Apr 22, 2021

Excerpt:

What Are Capital Gains Taxes?
A capital gains tax is a tax on the growth in value of investments incurred when individuals and corporations sell those investments. When the assets are sold, the capital gains are referred to as having been "realized." The tax doesn't apply to unsold investments or "unrealized capital gains," so stock shares that appreciate every year will not incur capital gains taxes until they are sold, no matter how long you happen to hold them.1

Day traders and others taking advantage of the greater ease of trading online need to be aware that any profits they make from buying and selling assets held less than a year are not just taxed--they are taxed at a higher rate.

LINK

While I agree with raising Capital Gains taxes it shouldn't be higher than regular income taxes. It should all simply be the same. Income is income and all should be taxed the same.

But the money invested has already been taxed. This is a disincentive to invest in US.

The most ignorant reply to this issue ever.

Your capital gains have never been taxed.
So income people save to invest hasn‘t been taxed?

While I agree with raising Capital Gains taxes it shouldn't be higher than regular income taxes. It should all simply be the same. Income is income and all should be taxed the same.

I agree. It's another class warfare ploy and the idea that it's "unfair" that people make money not doing some kind of manual labor.

what are you saying? what's long term capital gains? capital gains isn't realized until sold. It could be any value at the time of sale, could even be a loss? you're ignorant on the subject I suppose.

I see what you're saying. It is an asset held for longer than a year. If realized within a year it is considered regular income. I love you guys, you make me laugh.
If my investment money is realized in a year at a loss there's no gain. If it is realized after a year as a gain, the gain is taxed at the capital gains percentage, It may be one thousand dollars or less, or more. So? what's long term capital gains?

But the money invested has already been taxed. This is a disincentive to invest in US.

The most ignorant reply to this issue ever.

Your capital gains have never been taxed.
So income people save to invest hasn‘t been taxed?
the dude probably won't answer. too afraid to be shown up.

I agree. It's another class warfare ploy and the idea that it's "unfair" that people make money not doing some kind of manual labor.
which millions of americans in the middle class make investments and treated the same as billionaires by demofks.

Why?

Income is not income. Investments that trigger capital gains usually have a higher risk and does not have FDIC insurance. Now if your want to prevent investments, a higher tax on capital gains is one sure way to go.
kill business the objective of demofks.

When you consider that Biden has done nothing but mooch off taxpayers for 47 years now you get why he and Dem losers who can't hold down a real job want to steal money from those who earn it.
why doesn't Biden pay more tax on his capital? He can volunteer his money! I'm good with that, let's see him move that needle first.

lead by example.

Why?

Income is not income. Investments that trigger capital gains usually have a higher risk and does not have FDIC insurance. Now if your want to prevent investments, a higher tax on capital gains is one sure way to go.
So you're saying the .1% will just put money in FDIC accounts unless they keep the long term cap gain tax break?

Why?

That does not answer the question or justify as to why capital gains invested with labor income that has already been taxed should be taxed again at the same rate. The incentive to invest becomes severely diminished when the risk + capital gains taxed at same income tax rate.

Why does holding on to an asset for more that a year qualify that income for a lower tax rate than a citizens hourly wage or salary for that year? I've had that 401K for decades but if I take a withdrawal I still pay todays tax rate.
well you could get an IRA and pay the current tax rate on your pay and instead invest in the IRA, rather than take the tax break on the pay and invest in the 401k tax free until sale. Do you know this?

Why?

So you're saying the .1% will just put money in FDIC accounts unless they keep the long term cap gain tax break?
:dunno:

Why?

I know. Your post I responed to was a non sequitur

I suppose one's outlook on this issue depends on whether one accepts as true studies showing the .1% pay a lower overall tax rate than the rest of us.

Why?

I know. Your post I responed to was a non sequitur

Attachments

• 1619194799632.png
    1619194799632.png
    197 bytes · Views: 19

Forum List

Back