Biden considering an "exception" to the filibuster to appease abortionists.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Democrats are proving every day they have no regard for the Constitution or the well established processes of our government. Pack the Supreme Court, suspend the filibuster turn the Impeachment process into a Carnival show. They are dismantling everything they can before they get booted out.

An exception would already have been made- if the D's had the votes to get it through with a bare majority.

But the existence of the filibuster allows the D's to maintain "unity"

There is nothing in the Constitution about the Filibuster. It's simply a rule of the Senate. The Constitution actually allows for the Senate to change it's rules.

That noted, I do not support changing it but I'm also sad so many do not understand the workings of our government.

Democrats are proving every day they have no regard for the Constitution or the well established processes of our government. Pack the Supreme Court, suspend the filibuster turn the Impeachment process into a Carnival show. They are dismantling everything they can before they get booted out.

While I have mixed feelings on the Abortion Laws, I do have strong opinions on the filibuster laws. I think we need the filibuster in place. But not where some lazy piece of unethical crap can just call it in. I want to hear Cruze have to stand in front of everyone and quote "Green Eggs and Ham" over and over again until he drops and then have another of his cohorts have to pick it up and run with it. Make 'em work for it. And that isn't a partisan idea, it puts our senate back to work and back into the chambers.

There is nothing in the Constitution about the Filibuster. It's simply a rule of the Senate. The Constitution actually allows for the Senate to change it's rules.

That noted, I do not support changing it but I'm also sad so many do not understand the workings of our government.
Yeah, civics is dead in schools sure enough.

That said there is no reason to have a Senate if they are just going to be the House.

The Rabid Right has spend decades and finally sold it's soul to achieve this objective of a Rabid Right Wing Court.

A simple majority vote can be undone by another simple majority vote.

The solution is to out vote the Neo-GOP at every level, state, local and federal. Once you control enough states, pass a new amendment that the courts cannot reverse.

It's the only way to be sure.

Vote out all the Neo-GOP, while you can ladies.

If Congress passes such a law, the SC will strike it down and rule it unconstitutional.

Why, because they can…

The Rabid Right has spend decades and finally sold it's soul to achieve this objective of a Rabid Right Wing Court.

A simple majority vote can be undone by another simple majority vote.

The solution is to out vote the Neo-GOP at every level, state, local and federal. Once you control enough states, pass a new amendment that the courts cannot reverse.

It's the only way to be sure.

Vote out all the Neo-GOP, while you can ladies.
With the crazy policies your party espouses?

Good luck with that.

In November your young going to see just how badly letting the urban progressives take the reigns has permanently damaged your party.

Mac1958 is a pompous condescending ass ... But he's right. The Democrats are on a crazy train to oblivion.

There was a time not so very long ago that I voted for a blue dog Dem in the House... until he burned the majority of his constituents by voting for Obamacare.

Now, we cannot trust a Democrat. Those bridges are burned. And I think the national Dem orgs understand that... and that is what drives them to embrace the ludicrous policies of today's Democrat Party.

The Democrats did this before... Abolished the filibuster selectively...and it gave them no say in three Supreme Court picks... which created the situation they currently find themselves in.

Please Democrats...do it again.

I'm looking forward to national constitutional carry.

I support getting rid of it in its current form.

If they keep it, go back to it being an active event.

It was never intended to be what it is today, a lazy way to get out of passing any real laws.

It doesn't matter if President Biden supports it or not, because he is the President and has no say-so over the Senate's Rules.

Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid added the exemption for eliminating the Filibuster on Supreme Court Nominees in 2013.
That's also why the Democrats are crying today and would have to try to pack the court to avoid Legislating.

They want to avoid having to Legislate ... Because they are a bunch of cowards and liars.

Last edited:

It was never intended to be what it is today, a lazy way to get out of passing any real laws.

I would far prefer that. Again, they changed it because they are lazy. So many of our issues are because politicians only want paid and the title, not actually do the work of the position.

Again, they changed it because they are lazy.
You sure about that?

I thought it was to avoid complete gridlock.

The Democrats filibustered the Civil Rights Act for 60 days.

That was 60 days that the Senate could do nothing else.

While I'm not personally opposed to a Senate in complete gridlock... I'm not sure that big government loving Democrats would agree.

Quid Pro can support the rule change if he wants to, but to say he's "considering" it means he has something to do with it. Here's the reality, Senate democrats could trash the filibuster for this, and watch the Republicans dump it completely to pass their agenda for President Desantis.

And replace it with what? Serious question: do you have a better idea? If so, what is it? I think the current form is about as good as it can get, the problem is not our form of gov't but instead the people that are running it.

Not sure what you mean by an active event? As in dynamic and ever changing?

Joe Biden can run his mouth all day long about an exception to the filibuster, but let's be honest: he can't do shit about how Congress does its business. And once the filibuster can be bypassed by an exception, it's gone. Everything will be an exception by both sides.

Whatever Biden does will just be reversed when the GOP wins in November... Its better politically for dems to leave things as they are... if they sate their baby killing base they will not have it as an issue in November....

You sure about that?

I thought it was to avoid complete gridlock.

The Democrats filibustered the Civil Rights Act for 60 days.

That was 60 days that the Senate could do nothing else.

While I'm not personally opposed to a Senate in complete gridlock... I'm not sure that big government loving Democrats would agree.

That is why the Filibuster was originally designed.

Forum List

Back