Biden And Racial Slurs

Democrats and their lefty media are always telling us about "dog whistles", we have a Vice President who slurs Indians and Jews and the media calls it " a poor choice of words"? When Klansman calls a black man a N, is that NOT a poor choice of words?

Hey, a double hitter today from Biden, first his "Shylock" comment earlier today and NOW he calls Asia "the Orient".

Joe Biden Refers to Asia as 8216 The Orient 8217 - ABC News

Joe Biden apologizes for using anti-Semitic term - CBS News

"Shylock"?? What the fuck -- SHYLOCK?? We're going to Shakespeare to scour up PC outrage now, are you shittin' me?

This is the only "Shylock" I ever heard of, and runs in Sunday comics to this day:

feb24.gif

-- anybody wanna fill me in on the "Indian" reference?
----

Sure the Indian reference was when he said the only way you can visit a 7-11 these days is if you have an India accent ( East Indian)

Shylock has been offensive for years.

Uh-- where did you hear that? Can a slur be a slur if no one even knows about it?

And how is the Indian reference a slur?

Anybody?

Democrats and their lefty media are always telling us about "dog whistles", we have a Vice President who slurs Indians and Jews and the media calls it " a poor choice of words"? When Klansman calls a black man a N, is that NOT a poor choice of words?

Hey, a double hitter today from Biden, first his "Shylock" comment earlier today and NOW he calls Asia "the Orient".

Can somebody essplain how the fuck "the Orient" is some kind of slur? Let alone, as the wacko article purports, "anti-Semitic"??

Do we actually not know what the word "orient" means?
Anyone ever heard of the Orient Express?

I mean what the friggety fuck.... :uhh::

I thought the ADL explained the Shylock comment very well and why it's offensive. The ABC news article also touches on the Orient comment. I've know about the Orient being offensive for sometime.

Hey, its the PC world which is being crafted daily, thanks in part to some ridiculous people.

"Ridiculous" is not even the word, when we're going back five hundred years to Shakespeare and inventing new twists for "orient", which has been a common term for Asia (from our perspective -- orient meaning "east").

What are they gonna tell us "occident" means now? A compliment? :dunno:

I read Biden said he "needs to bone up on his Shakespeare" --- say isn't "bone up" misandryst? :rolleyes:

Ay-yi-yi.... :banghead:

You and I both know that term have been used through history and applied to certain groups of people. Shylock has been used as a slur for Jewish people for sometime. I think the PC shit has been out of hand for many , many years though.

"Shylock"?? What the fuck -- SHYLOCK?? We're going to Shakespeare to scour up PC outrage now, are you shittin' me?

This is the only "Shylock" I ever heard of, and runs in Sunday comics to this day:

feb24.gif

----

Sure the Indian reference was when he said the only way you can visit a 7-11 these days is if you have an India accent ( East Indian)

Uh-- where did you hear that? Can a slur be a slur if no one even knows about it?

Anybody?

Seriously? Wow.

If I said the only way you can visit a McDonald's in Harlem is to know Ebonics or speak with an Ebonics accent, that would not be racist? Of course it would be!

OED:

Orient (n.)
c.1300, "the East" (originally usually meaning what is now called the Middle East), from Old French orient "east" (11c.), from Latin orientem (nominative oriens) "the rising sun, the east, part of the sky where the sun rises," originally "rising" (adj.), present participle of oriri "to rise" (see orchestra). The Orient Express was a train that ran from Paris to Istanbul via Vienna 1883-1961, from the start associated with espionage and intrigue.
orient (v.)
c.1727, originally "to arrange facing east," from French s'orienter "to take one's bearings," literally "to face the east" (also the source of German orientierung), from Old French orient "east," from Latin orientum (see Orient (n.)). Extended meaning "determine bearings" first attested 1842; figurative sense is from 1850. Related: Oriented; orienting.

Not a damn thing about slurs or "anti-Semitism" or any reference to any group of people at all. I call complete bullshit.

feb24.gif

----

Anybody?

Seriously? Wow.

If I said the only way you can visit a McDonald's in Harlem is to know Ebonics or speak with an Ebonics accent, that would not be racist? Of course it would be!

How can an accent be "racist"?

What part of a spoken accent is determined by race?

Is someone perhaps confuserated by what "racism" MEANS?

Racism is the belief that one race is superior/inferior to another.
-- now what on gods green earth does that have to do with accents?

The statement makes no sense anyway. You don't need any kind of "accent" to walk into a McDonald's or a Dunkin Donuts. You don't need to speak at all. You just --- walk the fuck in! :banghead: --- where's the "slur"? Where's the "racism"??

Where is any implication that the person either speaking or hearing the accent --- is somehow "inferior"?

Where?

Last edited:

feb24.gif

----

Anybody?

Right. It's not offensive because a Democrat said it

feb24.gif

----

Anybody?

Oh, everybody knew about his Indian comment the same way they knew about Hilary Clinton bashing Indian.

“I love this quote. It’s from Mahatma Gandhi. He ran a gas station down in St. Louis for a couple of years. Mr. Gandhi, do you still go to the gas station? A lot of wisdom comes out of that gas station” – Hillary Clinton, Former Secretary of State

“You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking!” – Joe Biden, Vice President

6 Horribly Racist Comments from Obama Administration Officials

feb24.gif

----

Anybody?

Seriously? Wow.

How can an accent be "racist"?

What part of a spoken accent is determined by race?

Is someone perhaps confuserated by what "racism" MEANS?

Racism is the belief that one race is superior/inferior to another.
-- now what on gods green earth does that have to do with accents?

LOL Pogo, keep deflecting OR you could start advocating against all the dumbasss PC shit, not just the stuff the dems get caught for! ;)

feb24.gif

----

Anybody?

Right. It's not offensive because a Democrat said it

Funny how that works, eh?

OED:

Orient (n.)
c.1300, "the East" (originally usually meaning what is now called the Middle East), from Old French orient "east" (11c.), from Latin orientem (nominative oriens) "the rising sun, the east, part of the sky where the sun rises," originally "rising" (adj.), present participle of oriri "to rise" (see orchestra). The Orient Express was a train that ran from Paris to Istanbul via Vienna 1883-1961, from the start associated with espionage and intrigue.
orient (v.)
c.1727, originally "to arrange facing east," from French s'orienter "to take one's bearings," literally "to face the east" (also the source of German orientierung), from Old French orient "east," from Latin orientum (see Orient (n.)). Extended meaning "determine bearings" first attested 1842; figurative sense is from 1850. Related: Oriented; orienting.

Not a damn thing about slurs or "anti-Semitism" or any reference to any group of people at all. I call complete bullshit.

Call ABC News and tell them, along with MSNBC and CNN!!!! It is them calling him on it.

Perhaps you've been wondering why I feel impeaching Our Kenyan President is less than a good idea.

Consider who would replace Him.

Nay, wait for regime change then go for a treason conviction. Not only better odds, the punishments are much more fun to watch than simple disgrace.

Forum List

Back