Biden and Newsom may have put GM out of business!!!!

McConnell and Schumer will try to bail them out.
Hell no…have you seen the cost of new vehicles lately? We bailed them out before and they repaid us by raising the cost of vehicles by 30%

Plus, some are saying these new negotiations with UAW are going to increase the prices of vehicles.

No more f’ing bailouts, at least until they lower their prices. What good is a bailout going to do if people can’t afford their vehicles. They’ll just end up folding anyway and taking taxpayer money with them.

Hell no…have you seen the cost of new vehicles lately? We bailed them out before and they repaid us by raising the cost of vehicles by 30%

Plus, some are saying these new negotiations with UAW are going to increase the prices of vehicles.

No more f’ing bailouts, at least until they lower their prices. What good is a bailout going to do if people can’t afford their vehicles. They’ll just end up folding anyway and taking taxpayer money with them.
Bbbbbut, bbbbbut, bbbbbut, Joe says those UAW workers are underpaid. Those dirty car makers are making too much money.

Maybe a ways into the future, but the infrastructure for fueling them is behind even electric. They have their own safety concerns as well.
The infrastructue can be added in a very fast time. All it takes is adding a hydrogen tank to your gas stations. What safety concerns? The tanks in the cars were especially designed not to be harmed even in a very serious traffic accident. These cars recharge as they drive them

The infrastructue can be added in a very fast time. All it takes is adding a hydrogen tank to your gas stations. What safety concerns? The tanks in the cars were especially designed not to be harmed even in a very serious traffic accident. These cars recharge as they drive them
Hydrogen fuel cell technology has been around for over 25 years. Hydrogen is extremely volatile and I know the fuel cells have addressed that and the emission--water is great for the environment. However, it isn't as easy as putting a propane tank in a gas station and fuel trucks hauling around tanks of hydrogen isn't the safest thing in the world. They also have a pretty limited range. I like the tech, but it isn't like turning on a switch and there are still a lot of issues that have to be addressed.

Hydrogen fuel cell technology has been around for over 25 years. Hydrogen is extremely volatile and I know the fuel cells have addressed that and the emission--water is great for the environment. However, it isn't as easy as putting a propane tank in a gas station and fuel trucks hauling around tanks of hydrogen isn't the safest thing in the world. They also have a pretty limited range. I like the tech, but it isn't like turning on a switch and there are still a lot of issues that have to be addressed.
Batteries have far more problems. And are very heavy in cars. Way to heavy to pay to transport all the time.

By the way, when I was in college in 1957, my freshman year, I then predicted hydrogen fuel cells would be the future. And it might shock you at the progress made in those past 66 years.

Bbbbbut, bbbbbut, bbbbbut, Joe says those UAW workers are underpaid. Those dirty car makers are making too much money.

I don’t care what they pay them or how much GM makes, what I care about is the cost of vehicles that are ever going up, and now used cars are selling for almost as much as new cars.

The point is, eventually, we’ll be paying massive prices for really old and POS vehicles and to buy a new one will require a $1000/month note, or you’ll have to finance it for OVER 10 years for the payments to be reasonsable.

Even you mid line trucks, like the Toyota sr5, Silverado LT and the f150 xlt are selling for outrageous prices. The f150 XLT is selling for $60,000, the Silverado LT is selling for $55,000 and the tundra is the best price out of all of them, the Tundra SR5 can be gotten for under $50,000

In all cases…those prices are way out of reach for ordinary people who don’t want to finance a vehicle for 8,10, or 12 years.

GM is on the ropes, financially. And guess who drove them to near ruin? Did you say it was Biden? Or was it Gavin Newsom? What about both of them?

Bullshit. They can't afford for GM to go under.

Things I noted in the Car and Driver Article: 15 years old; Long before more Hydrogen stations could go into service. If this country goes to hydrogen, goodby to needing any foreign source. And it works fine for Military vehicles that just can't actually make use of batteries as now sold for Tesla.

People seem not to want to admit that batteries have massive problems. Not merely with fires that can't be put out, but the unique metals needed for the current battery. We would need to depend on China and I say America can't afford that luxury for long.

Batteries have far more problems. And are very heavy in cars. Way to heavy to pay to transport all the time.

By the way, when I was in college in 1957, my freshman year, I then predicted hydrogen fuel cells would be the future. And it might shock you at the progress made in those past 66 years.
I'm not disputing your position and I agree that H2 tech is far superior. I am just stating that it isn't as easy as flipping a switch and it definitely will take more time and work to install than electric charge stations. Volatility is a major concern--you certainly won't be filling up at Jack and Jills waystation out in the sticks for a long time. Remember the Hindenberg, LOL.

I'm not disputing your position and I agree that H2 tech is far superior. I am just stating that it isn't as easy as flipping a switch and it definitely will take more time and work to install than electric charge stations. Volatility is a major concern--you certainly won't be filling up at Jack and Jills waystation out in the sticks for a long time. Remember the Hindenberg, LOL.
First, if America really wants to be weaned off of petroleum, they can buy batteries that are dangerous as hell or change to hydrogen that at least does not burn you to death when it escapes. Hydrogen is also plentiful and we can tell the Arabs to kiss our ass.

I don’t care what they pay them or how much GM makes, what I care about is the cost of vehicles that are ever going up, and now used cars are selling for almost as much as new cars.

The point is, eventually, we’ll be paying massive prices for really old and POS vehicles and to buy a new one will require a $1000/month note, or you’ll have to finance it for OVER 10 years for the payments to be reasonsable.

Even you mid line trucks, like the Toyota sr5, Silverado LT and the f150 xlt are selling for outrageous prices. The f150 XLT is selling for $60,000, the Silverado LT is selling for $55,000 and the tundra is the best price out of all of them, the Tundra SR5 can be gotten for under $50,000

In all cases…those prices are way out of reach for ordinary people who don’t want to finance a vehicle for 8,10, or 12 years.
Pretty much everything you say is true. But the cost to build them just went up by an exorbitant amount because the union got exorbitant concessions--that will be passed on to you. This was predicted to happen way back when everyone was clamoring for a $15 minimum wage. If you double the wage at the bottom, you're going to double the wage all the way up. These strikes are a good indicator. The thing that makes it all worse is that service on a loan is by a percentage and as those prices increase, so does the cost of your loan---and that one goes up FOR DOING NOTHING.

Pretty much everything you say is true. But the cost to build them just went up by an exorbitant amount because the union got exorbitant concessions--that will be passed on to you. This was predicted to happen way back when everyone was clamoring for a $15 minimum wage. If you double the wage at the bottom, you're going to double the wage all the way up. These strikes are a good indicator. The thing that makes it all worse is that service on a loan is by a percentage and as those prices increase, so does the cost of your loan---and that one goes up FOR DOING NOTHING.
And auto loans interest rates traditionally are higher than home loans are. Auto makers do not absorb losses, at least not for long.

Yeah, my bucket list truck is a tundra 1794 edition but with the prices now, I’m not willing to pay the prices they are asking. They are in the mid 60’s. Now let that sink in for a second. I just mentioned that I’ve seen MID LINE ford f150 XLT selling for $60,000 and you can’t get Toyotas top of the line truck for mid 60’s. HOW does that happen?

These American auto makers are screwing the pooch when you can have Toyotas beating them all day long on price, and some say the Toyota quality is miles ahead of ford and Chevy. (I wouldn’t know I’ve never owned a Toyota), but if it’s true, and you can beat the American auto makers on price AND quality, that doesn’t spell good things for them. And what’s more is that they will try and cut costs which means cheaper quality, or less features on vehicles.

I’m curious how much more the prices of trucks are going to increase now that UAW has gotten these new concessions. Might be time to look at a new vehicle before the prices go up any more..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back