Biden Amin. should've adopted an enclave strategy in Afghanistan.

Dayton3

Gold Member
May 3, 2009
Ironically the Obama Admin. had the right idea.

That is the U.S. should've selected relatively defendable areas such as Bagram air base that serves as a place we could defend, keep order, and a place that opponents to the Taliban could flee to for safety. We could protect enclaves forever if necessary.

Best example of an "Enclave strategy". West Berlin. It served as a refuge for those opposed to communism and an example of western prosperity and freedom in the midst of communism.

So why has this strategy very seldom been adopted?

For one historically the U.S. military has hated it. As one member of the military once said "enclaves mean that you volunteer to be surrounded"

Yet I'm convinced that in many places from Afghanistan to Vietnam it was the only viable strategy that was doable.

Dayton3
1. the Taliban/etc are free to do what they want outside the enclaves
2. as I've stated before, you people do not know the history of Afghanistan-like Vietnam, they had 3 heads of state changes in just a few years--ALL MURDERS!!!!! = you cannot help Afghanistan = very unstable/etc

Dayton3
1. the Taliban/etc are free to do what they want outside the enclaves
2. as I've stated before, you people do not know the history of Afghanistan-like Vietnam, they had 3 heads of state changes in just a few years--ALL MURDERS!!!!! = you cannot help Afghanistan = very unstable/etc

How would frequent coups affect life inside enclaves protected and patrolled by the U.S. ?

Dayton3
1. it would be like Vietnam--the enemy can pick off troops here and there/IEDs/etc.....
2. we can't keep them there forever
3. AND-AND-Berlin was not an enclave!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --AND--AND like I just told Supposed RetiredGYSGT, Berlin/Germany is totally different

Dayton3
1. we were not fighting terrorists in Berlin
2. we were not keeping order in Berlin/Germany
3. there was no Civil War/conflicts in Berlin
4.. my freakin lord--you are comparing Berlin to Afghanistan????!!!!!!

Dayton3
1. it would be like Vietnam--the enemy can pick off troops here and there/IEDs/etc.....
2. we can't keep them there forever
3. AND-AND-Berlin was not an enclave!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --AND--AND like I just told Supposed RetiredGYSGT, Berlin/Germany is totally different

1) If U.S. troops completely secure the enclaves no snipers or people setting IEDs could get in.
2) Why not?
3) How was West Berlin NOT an enclave?

Dayton3 jesus christ-
1.-you are comparing Berlin to Afghanistan ??????!!!
2. you don't win by staying in the defense
3. the Taliban are free outside the enclaves = failure

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1629412306418.png

..the other thing, why the hell should we stay there, when these last few days PROVE they don't give a shit about their OWN country?

..the other thing, why the hell should we stay there, when these last few days PROVE they don't give a shit about their OWN country?

Oh yeah, 66,000 Afghan soldiers were killed in battle because they "didn't give a shit".

Tell some more lies.

Forum List

Back