Biden Admin's Solutions to the Energy Price Crisis - Americans Simply Need to Replace Their Cars and HVAC Systems!

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
This demonstrates how completely out of touch the Biden Admin is with regard to energy policy.

They have no feasible solutions to offer, other than Americans should fork out a lot more money.

'If your home is powered by safer, cheaper, cleaner electricity like solar or heat pumps, you can save about $500 a month on average,' [This statement was then corrected by his handlers - it's $40 per month.]

'Under my plan, which is before the Congress now, we can take advantage of the next generation of electric vehicles,' he said. 'That typical driver will save about $80 a month from not having to pay gas at the pump.'

These are not solutions. We don't need an executive branch to tell us we can buy a new $40,000+ car, a new $6000 HVAC system, or $20,000 of solar panels. Anyone with money to burn can do it today.

And instead of increasing domestic production, he is depleting the national strategic petroleum reserve, which is supposed to be used in times of dire shortage, such as an oil embargo.

He also claims in this short mumbling video from 3/31/22....

That costs will come down by "developing new energy storage technologies, clean hydrogen technologies....carbon capture and sequestration technology."
Ummm,
1) energy storage simply doubles the cost of energy and reduces efficiency, as there are energy losses in both directions.
2) Hydrogen is just an energy carrier, it is not an energy source.
3) Carbon capture is very expensive and does nothing but increase energy costs while putting the American economy at a competitive disadvantage.

Is he really this clueless? Almost everything he states with regard to energy is false or at least detrimental.

He is also going to push for dramatically more efficient vehicle mileage (in five years, of course) and appliance energy efficiency standards. This will raise costs, and lower the standard of living for all Americans.

Bungling Biden tells families they can save $500 a MONTH by switching to renewable energy: White House issues a correction saying saving is over a year - which is still met with disbelief​

• Joe Biden had incorrectly promised Americans they could save $500 a month by switching their homes to renewable energy during his Thursday speech
  • The White House quickly published a correction that makes clear that Americans would actually save around $500 a year, not a month
  • Biden also announced the release of 180 million barrels of oil over six months from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve
  • He said record high gas prices had two roots: the pandemic and Putin's war

3d8bfd92-7b2b-4d7c-b3a6-fd6643627148-BidenAd.jpg

Last edited:
My sister is replacing her HVAC system. Her quotes are more in the $5K range so far for 3 ton 14 SEER units.
Yes, I estimated about $6k. Is her $5k price for each unit? You said "units." They are normally about $5k each.

I have two standard heat pumps. They do not work well in cold climates where the outside temperature is below 32F for extended periods.

Geothermal heat pumps, which circulate a fluid deep into the ground or a body of water to extract heat in winter can be used in colder climates, but they are much more expensive.

My sister is replacing her HVAC system. Her quotes are more in the $5K range so far for 3 ton 14 SEER units.
More like $10-15K in CA.

Green Energy (aka centralized government control of the economy) is nothing more than a "solution" in search of a problem. That is why the Demrats always present moving targets.

just another example of how elite lib policies hurt the POOR

or the middle class but I say there isn't much of a middle class anymore... Either you are poor or you are well off...

In any case, their policies ALWAYS hurt those who are not wealthy

funny how only t hose of us who follow REAL news and (OMG) read... omg... books...

know that...

uneducated people are the only ones who vote for the libtards...

The White House has some token solar panels on its roof....

aerial-view-of-the-white-house-and-lafayette-square-washington-dc-usa-picture-id1349794206

They are "estimated" to produce about 20,000 kWh per year [1]. Of course, the real numbers are lower.

My modest-sized house uses more electricity than these solar panels produce!

Now, the question is, if Green Energy is so great, why doesn't the White House use it? We know that cost is no object for Democrats; they could install acres of solar panels using our money with the stroke of a pen.

Hmmmmm.

1) The History of Solar Panels on The White House

These morons actually think they can create free energy by just passing laws to outlaw energy that works. They’re fucking retards.
Once they get everyone on the Green Energy Grid, if you get declared an ECO Terrorist, they will be able to starve you out. You aren't looking at what their LONG GAME is.

Think a combination of 666 Mark of the Beast Oppressive Tyrannical Nazi Shit and you will understand where they are going with all of this and Globalism to boot.

We all thought this was a joke when this tiktok thot solved the homelessness problems around the world.

Turns out the democrats are the ones that are using this same brilliant solution for the absurd inflation and sky rocketing gas prices.

Joe '2 mansions' Biden is preaching about energy conservation? Here I'll translate, do as I say not as I do.
As far as I can tell, none of Biden's current or former private residences have solar panels on the roof.

I wonder why that is?

No solar panels at 32 Farview Road, but he can spend nearly half a million on a wall...

Last edited:
Yes, I estimated about $6k. Is her $5k price for each unit? You said "units." They are normally about $5k each.

I have two standard heat pumps. They do not work well in cold climates where the outside temperature is below 32F for extended periods.

Geothermal heat pumps, which circulate a fluid deep into the ground or a body of water to extract heat in winter can be used in colder climates, but they are much more expensive.
She only needs 1 LOL. Diffferent people are quoting her for different manufacturers but they seem to be falling in that range for the 1 SEER. They all have told her there is no reason to go any higher because the savings will be like $5 a month on energy but the cost difference to the next step will be like $1300-$1500

More like $10-15K in CA.

Green Energy (aka centralized government control of the economy) is nothing more than a "solution" in search of a problem. That is why the Demrats always present moving targets.

Well that is the price you pay for $15 minimum wages

She only needs 1 LOL. Diffferent people are quoting her for different manufacturers but they seem to be falling in that range for the 1 SEER. They all have told her there is no reason to go any higher because the savings will be like $5 a month on energy but the cost difference to the next step will be like $1300-$1500
That sounds like great advice, and it's generally consistent with this chart...

1648844063311.png

Last edited:
That sounds like great advice, and it's generally consistent with this chart...

View attachment 624609

She doesn't run her AC a lot because she works like 70 hours a week mostly during the day time. She really is getting a new system put in for the heat side because on cold days her very dated system (which still works) runs non-stop and her house just never gets especially warm. Unfortunately it is electric heat but she doesn't have a gas option and is not keen on having to have a big propane tank buried in her yard. There is also a shortage of propane tanks for some reason. Covid I guess.

Forum List

Back