Beware the Revenge Impeachment

Terri4Trump

Gold Member
Jun 22, 2019
California

(Bloomberg Opinion) -- Former Solicitor General and federal judge Kenneth Starr made a simple argument this week on behalf of President Donald Trump’s impeachment defense. We are living in the “age of impeachment,” he said on Monday, urging the Senate to acquit Trump and “return to norms” that counsel against using impeachment as a political weapon.
If Trump is removed from office, Starr was suggesting, every future president will be vulnerable, at least if the House of Representatives is controlled by the opposing political party, and if the Senate can be persuaded to go along. A president named Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren might well be exposed to a horrific impeachment battle, simply because of the Trump precedent.
True, it’s bizarre to see this argument coming from Starr, whose 1998 report on President Bill Clinton’s liaisons with his White House aide Monica Lewinsky made its own contribution to altering impeachment “norms.” Nonetheless, his argument is a reasonable. It deserves an answer.

ME: We should rip the next Dem president 500 new assholes, one a day, just as a lesson. Assuming there ever is another one.

(Bloomberg Opinion) -- Former Solicitor General and federal judge Kenneth Starr made a simple argument this week on behalf of President Donald Trump’s impeachment defense. We are living in the “age of impeachment,” he said on Monday, urging the Senate to acquit Trump and “return to norms” that counsel against using impeachment as a political weapon.
If Trump is removed from office, Starr was suggesting, every future president will be vulnerable, at least if the House of Representatives is controlled by the opposing political party, and if the Senate can be persuaded to go along. A president named Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren might well be exposed to a horrific impeachment battle, simply because of the Trump precedent.
True, it’s bizarre to see this argument coming from Starr, whose 1998 report on President Bill Clinton’s liaisons with his White House aide Monica Lewinsky made its own contribution to altering impeachment “norms.” Nonetheless, his argument is a reasonable. It deserves an answer.

ME: We should rip the next Dem president 500 new assholes, one a day, just as a lesson. Assuming there ever is another one.

Yeah, this from the guy who dug in Whitewater for almost 5 years, came up with bupkes, and then got lucky when he stumbled into Clinton lying about a sex act in the Oval Office with a consenting adult. Norms....sure, whatever. I don't want to hear jack from that clown.

Your answer, if the Senate lets Trump skate on this, you may as well just tear up the Constitution. Because there are no more "norms". Except the ones that sit at barstools.

• Banned
.....if the Senate lets Trump skate on this........

Skate on what? Trump did nothing wrong. That's what you thick-headed morons keep forgetting: Trump committed no High Crime or Misdemeanor.

Furthermore, there is no High Crime or Misdemeanor even listed in the articles of impeachment you stupid fuck.

Imbeciles like you need to just shut up.

I wonder if tramp didn't call Sen Murkowski last night, he may of even bribe her, something he has now a right to do.

Either way he is still impeached and not exonerated.

Articles of impeachment are already written for the next democrat president...but it will go sooooooo much farther than that!

We are going to take a personal interest in watching them suffer!

That presidents friends will be tortured and imprisoned (just like paul manafort and mike flynn).

We will sabotage that filth president at every opportunity...We will sue him every time he takes a crap!

But that may not be for a long LONG LONG time!

Skate on what? Trump did nothing wrong. That's what you thick-headed morons keep forgetting: Trump committed no High Crime or Misdemeanor.

Furthermore, there is no High Crime or Misdemeanor even listed in the articles of impeachment you stupid fuck.

i have no problem with a POTUS looking into corruption of a country receiving tax payer funds.

i have no problem with a POTUS looking into corruption of a country receiving tax payer funds.

Except he wasn't, but you all know that. You can tell yourself that, but we all know he wasn't.

Just as you Trump supporters just can't get it through your thick skulls that impeachment is political process, not a legal one. No crime needs to be committed. In this country, you can lose your job or your political seat just for the appearance of impropriety. Soliciting a foreign power to dig up dirt on your chief political rival and then trying to cover it up rises to the level of High crimes. In addition to being the actions of a dictator. I'm also sure the Federal Election Commission frowns upon a candidate soliciting or receiving assistance from a foreign entity. They refer to that as interference.

Trump will forever have the "impeached" asterisk (only the third) next to his presidency...that's also in the history books. And that drives him insane. That's not a mark that comes off. No matter how foul your mouth is or how loud you scream.

It’s going to be hard now that no president has to respond to any subpoena for at least a few years.

Oh, and anyone the tries can be investigated by the president for any reason whatsoever.

I wonder if tramp didn't call Sen Murkowski last night, he may of even bribe her, something he has now a right to do.

Are you retarded? Thats a serious question. You are literally retarded in the brain I think.

Just as you Trump supporters just can't get it through your thick skulls that impeachment is political process, not a legal one. No crime needs to be committed. In this country, you can lose your job or your political seat just for the appearance of impropriety. Soliciting a foreign power to dig up dirt on your chief political rival and then trying to cover it up rises to the level of High crimes. In addition to being the actions of a dictator. I'm also sure the Federal Election Commission frowns upon a candidate soliciting or receiving assistance from a foreign entity. They refer to that as interference.

Trump will forever have the "impeached" asterisk (only the third) next to his presidency...that's also in the history books. And that drives him insane. That's not a mark that comes off. No matter how foul your mouth is or how loud you scream.
Lol! Actually the American Left has just relegated what was once a serious bestowal (“Impeached”), to the same worthless status as being the recipient of the “Nobel Peace Prize”. Forever worthless, and holding only partisan value.

Trump won’t lose a single vote from this leftard stunt. In fact he likely gained many thousands. Thanks for that. And remember this stunt come next election. You’ll always have to wonder... Might he have not won if we hadn’t pulled this stunt? The world will never know. What the world will know, and history will reflect; is that despite the lefts hollow Pyrrhic victory, Trump was chosen to lead our people again. Chew on that...

Except he wasn't, but you all know that. You can tell yourself that, but we all know he wasn't.
We all can't know that by definition. None of us can climb inside of Donald Trump's brain and know for certain what his motives for the phone call were. We can speculate on the two most plausible reasons for the inquiry into the Bidens and their highly suspect dealings with Ukraine but we can't KNOW.

Clinton should never have been impeached but they went after him....same stuff here. Now we live in impeachment times. But in the end I do find it very entertaining to watch our elected officials be made uncomfortable....

people whose plans always fail miserably: Dick Dastardly, Tom from Tom and Jerry, and Schiff!

Schiff and his cohorts make these other nincompoops look like geniuses! Honest to God there are times that I really think they are all secretly working for Trump. Everything they have done since 2016 has only weakened their own party and exposed them as the power-hungry rats they are. Very strange!!

We all can't know that by definition. None of us can climb inside of Donald Trump's brain and know for certain what his motives for the phone call were. We can speculate on the two most plausible reasons for the inquiry into the Bidens and their highly suspect dealings with Ukraine but we can't KNOW.
we do know that Trump ran on draining the swamp and that he has withheld or delayed aid to other countries because he had concerns about corruption .

Congratulations. You and your loser Party twisted the Constitution into a weapon and managed to give Trump black mark, however undeserved. And for that, the Democrats have poisoned the well for future Presidents and created serious divides in Congress. And for what? For their own selfish power grab at the Presidency they will once again LOSE.

Are you retarded? Thats a serious question. You are literally retarded in the brain I think.

He probably called Sen Murkowski last nite and bribed her. Expect to see some Fed money going to AK, or perhaps something else concerning the parks. He is allowed to bribe anyone now. He is above the law, are you??

He will never be exonerated. You may be a cult member but I am not.

He probably called Sen Murkowski last nite and bribed her. Expect to see some Fed money going to AK, or perhaps something else concerning the parks. He is allowed to bribe anyone now. He is above the law, are you??

He will never be exonerated. You may be a cult member but I am not.
and Trump is still your president.

Forum List

Back